• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video games that you have never played despite their awards, console exclusive or recommendations.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Video games that many people wanted to play, but even having the console with the exclusive or that have been recognized by several awards, you did not play them, because they were not of interest or simply due to lack of time or because there were other games.

711719567974-portada-spiderman-2-ps5.jpg

final-fantasy-iii-cover.cover_large.jpg

SI_N64_DonkeyKong64_image1600w.jpg

D_NQ_NP_679353-MLM45078602640_032021-O.webp

Fbh

From recent years:

RDR2: I'm not that much into Rockstar games, still want to try it because people say the story is great. But since Rockstar refuses to release a simple 60fps patch on current gen consoles I guess I'll just wait until I someday have a decent PC

Cyberpunk: Sucked at launch and every time I've looked into getting it there seems to be a reason to wait ("wait for the next gen patch", "wait for this big upcoming update they announced", "wait for the DLC and just get the complete edition). At this point I've waited so long I'll just keep waiting until the complete edition gets a decet sale

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Last of Us 2
Any Guitar Hero (tho I did play Rock Band and love it)
Any Silent Hill (don’t know why)
SSBM (I actually think the only one I played is Brawl lol)
Manhunt
Colony Wars (perfect for PSVR2 revival which is why Sony isn’t going to do it)
Paper Mario TTYD (will be taking this off the list soon)
Elden Ring (it’s sitting on my shelf and I will play soon)

I do plan on one day going through SH1-3 and Manhunt 1 at least.

SHA

I hate when I haven't found the time to beat them and then their value a chill degrades down the abyss, that's unfair compared to who experienced them earlier.

T4keD0wN

Half life 1/2, GTA4 and WoW
Also Factorio and Stardew Valley, i am not touching pixel art looking stuff despite loving management games and still hypocritically replaying much older games. I just feel like they belong to a museum or something like that.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Half life 1/2, GTA4 and WoW
Also Factorio and Stardew Valley, i am not touching pixel art looking stuff despite loving management games and still hypocritically replaying much older games.
Factorio really isn’t pixel art though. The aesthetic is like late 1990s 2d PC.

SHA

Fallout, Skyrim, I'm stucked way early in the game, doesn't count relatively speaking compared to who made real progress.

SoloCamo

Zelda BoTW
Zelda ToTK
Any God of War game
Any Naughty Dog game
Witcher 3
Any spider man game
Any souls game / Elden Ring
CP2077
Mass Effect series
Baldur's Gate 3

I mean I could go on but I think I've dealt enough damage with these pretty recent ones

Last edited:
God of War 2018 - Onwards.

Those "games" are as appealing to me as Country music. If they are good they are good, I didn't play them, so I'm not saying they are bad. I just haven't seen or heard anything about them that didn't bore me to sleep...

Just seems like another Sony "exclusive" desperate to be a movie. A oscar bait movie no less...

Baldur's Gate 3, The Last of Us 2, SpiderMan 2, GoW 2 Ragnarok, Bully games, Sekiro, Nioh, Stellar Blade, Dragon's Dogma 2, Detroit BH, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Hell Divers 2, Alan Wake 2.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Factorio really isn’t pixel art though. The aesthetic is like late 1990s 2d PC.
Youre right, it actually isnt, it just reminds me of it way too much, which somehow is still enough to discourage me. My monkey brain wont let get past those visuals in a gameplay oriented stuff unfortunately.

nial

Super Mario Bros. Wonder is the last big one for me; I was even looking forward to see a more novel take on the 2D formula, god did it look like a complete snoozefest once it actually released.
Oh, and maybe Persona 3 Reload, nothing about it screams that it's worth at full price.

xrnzaaas

Any Nintendo game - they're just not my cup of tea
MGS 2-4
Minecraft, Roblox, Among Us and other games mostly for younger people
Any Dark Souls game & Elden Ring
Portal 1 & 2
Any Warcraft, Starcraft & WoW
Any Rock Band / Guitar Hero
Path of Exile

BurningNad

Red Dead 1 and 2, The Witcher series, Silent Hill series, Goldeneye, the new Spiderman games, Zelda... Sheesh

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Red Dead 2
Baldurs Gate 3 (and the previous ones)
Helldivers 2
Spiderman 2
Alan Wake 2

Alot of sequels it seems. Not really interested in any of them, despite the accolades and awards they've been given. Maybe BG3 and RDR 2 some day. The rest, meh.

El Muerto

Spider Man 2
GoW Ragnarok
Sea of Thieves
Assassins Creed Valhalla+Mirage
Ratchet and Clank
Any Pokemon after Blue/red
FF VII Remakes
Warcraft
Any 1st party Nintendo game that came out after the Wii.

Fredrik

The Last of Us 2
I had the story spoiled for me pre-launch and didn’t find anything of interest anymore after the golfing incident.
Eventually found it cheap for $5 at a Black Friday sale and thought I could check it out for the visuals and animations, but nothing yet.

Robb

Gold Member
Any souls or souls-like game. Most JRPGS… Well, essentially most games in the genres I don’t enjoy I guess.

Last edited:
Red Dead 2, TLOU2

I was like you, once. I played both of these for the first time in the last year. RDR2 is now seated in my top 5.

TLOU 2 was great, but failed to ever achieve the heights of the first.

Not at all surprised to see so many who never played RDR2. I hated the first and Westerns largely don't appeal to me.

It's one game that I did not want to end.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Bloodborne is the easiest and the performance issues are overexaggerated.
The performance issues were exaggerated when we first played.. now is ridiculous in the age of 60 fps games.

And no fucking way you think bloodborne is easier than Elden Ring... ER is From's take on mainstream Souls filled with easy modes help.

bender

What time is it?
The performance issues were exaggerated when we first played.. now is ridiculous in the age of 60 fps games.

And no fucking way you think bloodborne is easier than Elden Ring... ER is From's take on mainstream Souls filled with easy modes help.

I finished my umpteenth playthrough of Bloodborne earlier this year and I'll stick with my easiest and overexaggerated comments. The technical issues are there and aren't ideal but "awful" should be saved for the likes of Blightown on PS3. Dark Souls. Elden Ring also has a few bosses that are more difficult than anything in Bloodborne.

Top Bottom