• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Anyone mind giving me a hand? My Vita audio input just stopped working. No audio input from the default mic, bluetooth headset, or wired headset. Any thoughts to what could be going on? I tried the disable microphone button as well.

nampad

Anyone mind giving me a hand? My Vita audio input just stopped working. No audio input from the default mic, bluetooth headset, or wired headset. Any thoughts to what could be going on? I tried the disable microphone button as well.

I don't know. Maybe try playing around in the recovery menu. Hold the power button long enough to start it.

Rebuilding your database will delete your near stats when you care about that.

hurzelein

I am sure someone here knows this:

Can I use an UK-Tearaway Download code on my German PSN Account?
No guesses please, just answer if you definitly know/ have tried something like that yourself.

Thanks!!

Ah dang, would've liked the $10 credit but I don't want to restart my sub yet

Restart?
You let it lapse?
SHAME ON YOU. :p

What do you physical game buyers do for storing game cards? I have a case that holds 8 but it's probably going to be full really really soon depending on if I buy anything on sale from Amazon.

Pull 'N Go Folio.
I have one from when I was buying physical cards. If I still was, it'd be great. :)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-pull-n-go-folio/98484

Not sure if Amazon still carries it.

DS family have Ace Attorney
Meanwhile we keep getting something like that
*sigh
I know there is Danganronpa, but still...

Ace Attorney? No thanks.

We'll either be getting some Vita PS+ repeats next year (at least in EU), or they'll do more "PSP as Vita" offers I think.

Oh, you mean like the US has has pretty much from the start?
Welcome to the club, buddy.

Valkyria

Banned
I was triying to buy Kula World and for some reason I added twice the minimum of 5€ to the wallet, but now it only shows 2,31€, as if I only did one deposit. Any idea what to do? I'm trying to contact Sony (Spain) but I can not reach anyone. Anyone had a similar problem? It's weird 'cos i have the bank payment so Sony received the money.

Walshy

Hey Vita-GAF, I need some advice.

I hadn't played on my Vita since March, so it's mostly been collecting dust (it has been frequently cleaned though) in recent months. Due to work and university, I hadn't played it but I want to play Tearaway so I bought it and started up my Vita and updated the firmware however the system is rejecting my 16gb memory card, any reason what the problem could be here and how to fix it?

Ace Attorney is one of the best series' in gaming, bro

No, it's really not. It's one of those series that everyone hypes up but just doesn't deliver. I'm glad I finally let Cyborg009 convince me to try out VLR, since Ace Attorney pretty much had me disregarding the entire genre of visual novel type games.

I respect your opinion, but you've at least got to understand that it's definitely not the popular opinion as most people who play the series tend to love it, myself included. Either way DR looks to be amazing in it's own right.

Again, your opinion isn't held by many people. I actually like VLR a bit more than the AA series too, but that doesn't stop them both from being amongst my favourite games ever. Having Ace Attorney on the Vita would hurt exactly no one.

I didn't say it wasn't the popular opinion. In a lot of cases, I tend to diverge from the popular opinion.
The only reason the opinion of the masses is of any consequence is because it tends to stymie innovation and creativity -- developers cater to what the masses responded to instead of trying something new -- or they change games core mechanics to make them more appealing to the masses (see: Dead Rising 3's new save system for the majority of game modes).

Besides, you know what they say about the masses... :p

Why do you even want innovation from games, I thought you liked Vanillaware?

Ace Attorney is brilliant in pretty much every regard, from gameplay to story to music to art... even the localization is perfect. I can't imagine what it must be like to play something so good and not like it.

And I can't imagine how anyone could get into that series and think it's "brilliant". But hey, as you added below, go buy a 3DS and have a blast with the AA games if you like them so much. :p

Jamix012

Ace Attorney? No thanks.

I respect your opinion, but you've at least got to understand that it's definitely not the popular opinion as most people who play the series tend to love it, myself included. Either way DR looks to be amazing in it's own right.

No, it's really not. It's one of those series that everyone hypes up but just doesn't deliver. I'm glad I finally let Cyborg009 convince me to try out VLR, since Ace Attorney pretty much had me disregarding the entire genre of visual novel type games.

Again, your opinion isn't held by many people. I actually like VLR a bit more than the AA series too, but that doesn't stop them both from being amongst my favourite games ever. Having Ace Attorney on the Vita would hurt exactly no one.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I didn't say it wasn't the popular opinion. In a lot of cases, I tend to diverge from the popular opinion.
The only reason the opinion of the masses is of any consequence is because it tends to stymie innovation and creativity -- developers cater to what the masses responded to instead of trying something new -- or they change games core mechanics to make them more appealing to the masses (see: Dead Rising 3's new save system for the majority of game modes).

Besides, you know what they say about the masses... :p

Why do you even want innovation from games, I thought you liked Vanillaware?

Ace Attorney is brilliant in pretty much every regard, from gameplay to story to music to art... even the localization is perfect. I can't imagine what it must be like to play something so good and not like it.

Seconded! Just gotta love all the OTT characters and story

Seriously! We'll never get AA on Vita, but I will get a 3DSxl at some point to play AA4 & 5. The only series to make me regret leaving my beloved Nintendo handhelds and jumping to sony's ecosystem.

Shai-Tan

Banned

Turn it completely off and on?

Redhood

Uggh Was playing P4G and finally reached
the final boss. The eyeball thing. I get his health to 25% and suddenly he does the laser attack again.
But this time I am dead in 1 hit. I was at full health plus had used sonic pin to raise evasion also. Its pretty irritating when things like this happen especially at level 80+. Moreover have to fight that
adachi
again. Guess I need to grind some more.

Finished tearaway. I literally lost my shit at that ending. Started sobbing for reasons I could not understand.

Saphirax

the final boss. The eyeball thing. I get his health to 25% and suddenly he does the laser attack again.
But this time I am dead in 1 hit. I was at full health plus had used sonic pin to raise evasion also. Its pretty irritating when things like this happen especially at level 80+. Moreover have to fight that
adachi

Finished tearaway. I literally lost my shit at that ending. Started sobbing for reasons I could not understand.

I had some problems with that boss as well and had to level up a bit, but I'm fairly certain I wasn't level 80+ when I defeated him. Could be just bad luck?

I had some problems with that boss as well and had to level up a bit, but I'm fairly certain I wasn't level 80+ when I defeated him. Could be just bad luck?

He needs a Trumpeter. At leave 73+.
Then he needs to spam Debilitate every 3 turns.
Problem solved.

Yo Vita muffins, been jonesing for a beat'em up type game. What are my options on Vita?

Dragon's Crown and... uh... I can't think of anything else that fits the classic "beat 'em up" style.

Dragon's Crown or Muramasa?

Muramasa is more of an action game, IMO.

The problem is that even at this high level One hit kills are irritating. Guess will try again.
Since I am going for good ending will I have time till Mar to work on SL after this?

Again. Get a Trumpeter. Get debilitate. No more 1 hit kills.
Either that or spend time buffing/debuffing with all your characters as is and trying to manage. :)

And you'll have January and some of February. At some point in February, maybe just after the 14th, the game fast forwards a month or so automatically.

Redhood

The problem is that even at this high level One hit kills are irritating. Guess will try again.
Since I am going for good ending will I have time till Mar to work on SL after this?

Dragon

Banned
Trying to finish up Golden, I'm up to almost 70 hours played, and just finished Marie's stuff. Man the music is absolutely fantastic. I'm assuming I only have one thing left.

Wow I had no problem with that boss. But then again I did every dungeon twice to get the optional items and currently I'm at level 91.

joe2187

Banned
Yo Vita muffins, been jonesing for a beat'em up type game. What are my options on Vita?

Dragons tits

dragons-crown-characters-release.gif

Lesiroth

Hey Vita-GAF, I need some advice.

I hadn't played on my Vita since March, so it's mostly been collecting dust (it has been frequently cleaned though) in recent months. Due to work and university, I hadn't played it but I want to play Tearaway so I bought it and started up my Vita and updated the firmware however the system is rejecting my 16gb memory card, any reason what the problem could be here and how to fix it?

Could you elaborate on how the system is 'rejecting' the memory card? What type of error shows up?

Redhood

Dragon's Crown or Muramasa?

Dragons Crown is amazing and looks great on dat oled too. But there are a bit of slowdowns when stuff starts happening. Don't play with more than 1 Wizard. I had two wizards in the party and those flame and lightning effect always dropped the framerate.

Played Muramasa on Wii found it pretty boring and not to mention archaic back tracking. No Idea about Vita though.

Saphirax

Ah, I played on Easy to clear dungeons in one day so didn't have to worry about one-hit kills much.
Until Feb 5th, I believe.

Redhood

Ah, I played on Easy to clear dungeons in one day so didn't have to worry about one-hit kills much.
Until Feb 5th, I believe.

Ahh I am playing on normal and I can finish the dungeons In one day. I only spent 3 days on Yukiko and after that each dungeon has been day 1. Still I wasted a lot of my time doing weird stuff since I have many many pending social links :p

Dragons tits

We need that amazon jump animation too. Those cheeks yum!

Saphirax

Ahh I am playing on normal and I can finish the dungeons In one day. I only spent 3 days on Yukiko and after that each dungeon has been day 1. Still I wasted a lot of my time doing weird stuff since I have many many pending social links :p

We need that amazon jump animation. Those cheeks yum!

Yeah, I started on normal too, but couldn't clear Yukiko's dungeon in one day so I restarted. You should be fine if most of your S. Links are close to being maxed (Margaret's s. link being the exception).

Redhood

Yeah, I started on normal too, but couldn't clear Yukiko's dungeon in one day so I restarted. You should be fine if most of your S. Links are close to being maxed (Margaret's s. link being the exception).

I only have Yukiko, Chie, Yosuke, Sports team (Investigation team, teddy) lol

Rest all are at 7,8!

Dragon

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9AYVTG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

33% off now, any new Vitabros or Vitasises want to join, now would be a good time!

Rest all are at 7,8!

Hilariously I realized the other day I haven't done any Kanji social links and he's been in my party since it was possible for him to be. It really helps to have Rise all the way up, she ends up giving me 30-40 SP and healing after each battle. It makes flying through dungeons and the Fox almost pointless.

Saphirax

Rest all are at 7,8!

Should be fine.
Make sure to mentally prepare for the next dungeon. That one was way too annoying.

Edit: I just looked at the max s. link guide I was using and you might be hard pressed for time.
17 s. links have been maxed before January. If nothing else, make sure you max Marie's s. link ASAP.

Just ordered ~60£ of psn credit at a 30% discount from a norwegian retailer. Quite happy about that
adachi

You need to use buffs. Your level is high enough

killatopak

[
Hilariously I realized the other day I haven't done any Kanji social links and he's been in my party since it was possible for him to be. It really helps to have Rise all the way up, she ends up giving me 30-40 SP and healing after each battle. It makes flying through dungeons and the Fox almost pointless.

I actually haven't done any Kanji links... and I maxed out everyone too... I seriously don't know how to upgrade his links. Can't find him anywhere.
Hmmm....was gonna buy digital tearaway but the PSN store is borked.....
I can't even log in...

Saphirax

I actually haven't done any Kanji links... and I maxed out everyone too... I seriously don't know how to upgrade his links. Can't find him anywhere.

He's in the Practice building or in the North Shopping District. (Naturally, sometimes he's just not available just like all other s. links.)

Question, I've never played a game in the Ys series and was checking out Memories for the Vita. The gameplay is pretty action-y right? Like, Kingdom Hearts type of stuff maybe? Or am I way off? Hard to tell from videos.

Redhood

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9AYVTG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah U need to make one event happen In order to start his social link. I started that one real late. :( He is at 8 now. Rise is at level 8 and gives me 10% SP at end of each battle. Never had to use fox. I did not even started his SL lol

Those are good, I meant this one.

11119202166_b52f239667_o.jpg

So about that bug I have in Soul Sacrifice trophy.
Is there anyway the gold trophy for avalon pacts is bugged?

10745891295_45e247b5c3_c.jpg

10745965486_403ecf9768_c.jpg

I did all the quests now this dammn thing didn't pop. SO Angry!!! Do I also have to do all forgotten pacts too? This guide does not says so.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/soul-sacrifice/198102-soul-sacrifice-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89026996&postcount=1935

I redid all the quest offline again in the game but the trophy still did not pop. :( Any tips Vitamuffins? I am thinking of starting a new game fresh from store without any patches or dlc! But I dont want to do it all over again. :(

Top Bottom