• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had reputation saved up for four syndicates on Oberon Prime's release, and it helped a lot in getting the new relics. Doing syndicate missions and saving up or turning in medallions is a great way to get relics.
Pretty much. It's this and/or grind Heiracon all day. The new primes have thus evaded me so far.

I forgot that GAF had a warframe clan/community. Shame I'm already in one myself but I'm on fairly often to help out with things. Not much left for me to do in the game at R23 except play with cool people and make neat captura shots.

VandalD

Scourge is building in the dojo. Threw about 12000 oxium at that.

Still slowly working on getting Rhino and his weapons. Already had Mag and her weapons from the previous unvault. Oberon relics drained all my rep, and I haven't been playing much between then and now. Farmed up Harrow but not really looking forward to playing him. He looks gimmicky and I'm not the best at getting headshots, so I'm not sure why I should bother playing him beyond mastery. If I ever want to heal and re-energize a squad I'll just bring Trinity. Nice that they tried to make an alternative though, I guess.

Harrow is more focused on damage dealing than he is on healing and energy regen. The only reason people compare him to Trinity--Just like with Oberon--is because he has a support component to him. He's more an offensive support than Trinity's dedicated healer.

1 is just a solid CC wave that gives you Overshield, 2 drains those shields into a crazy reload/firerate/heal buff, 3 generates energy pretty easily, and 4 gives immunity followed by an additive critical chance buff. What's interesting, though, is that his 2 and 4 are driven by affinity range rather than power range. This means that they have a base range of 50m, unmodded! That additive buff gets really stupid, especially with sortie level damage.

Trinity will forever be the god mother of healing, but that's because DE put in an ultra unbalanced healer as their first support Warframe. She had to do the job that no other Warframe could at the time, and so has the kit that she does. At least she doesn't have old, literal god mode healing like she used to.

If you're having trouble with headshots, at least the Scourge's thrown mechanic will help with that. Honestly it's not that difficult unless you're fighting infested units.

Tabby

Not getting any luck with trying to get an Axi R1 for Rhino BP, got all 3 of his parts in an hour.

It's going to take a while to get these unvaulted primes.

Help me, GAF.

I played a pretty decent amount back in 2014. But after finally grinding for and building my Rhino frame, I fell off.

Fast forward to now...and there have been so many changes and additions that I don't know where to start. The last time I played seriously, there weren't even personal ships.

Should I start a new character or just power through the crippling confusion?

Calabi

Help me, GAF.

I played a pretty decent amount back in 2014. But after finally grinding for and building my Rhino frame, I fell off.

Fast forward to now...and there have been so many changes and additions that I don't know where to start. The last time I played seriously, there weren't even personal ships.

Just power through, you'll have a bit more resources and that Rhino will be really useful. Just unlock all the map and do the mission nodes to start with.

Tabby

Help me, GAF.

Not worth staring a new character, the tutorial doesn't do a good job explaining much anyway. You're better off powering through and reading the tutorial in the codex, at least this way you won't be starting from scratch.

Naite

So many bugs with my Opticor. First was the no killing while in Snowglobe which was fixed, then there's not being able to damage nullifiers, then not being able to damage Lephantis in the sortie, then there's randomly dying from my own Opticor explosion.

I don't really care for the bringing back the explosion bug, I just want the damn thing to work.

Heads up since this last bugfix the opticor straight up doesn't work on the head or torso region, and may still work on the legs (not 100% sure on it).

Other updates from this last midweek patch:

• Donda costs 25 ducats but Iron Wake doesn't have a ducat console anywhere.
  • penance has increased duration from shields, max cap increased to 120 seconds (whoa), increased fire rate, and increased reload speed. Penance straight buff across the board
  • Turible has increased range, increased energy channeling speed
  • covenant gets slightly higher crit buff
  • changes to Defection game mode: Consistant squads of 3 solo, 4 in multiplayer. Defection Alerts now count squads rescued instead of individuals rescued. Requirement for normal Alerts is 4 squads (1 squad from A, 1 from B, 2 from C in multiplayer)
  • some changes to the quest so it's a little more clear
  • Fixed caches on Kuva Fortress/Dakata giving rewards from the incorrect table (thereby not dropping Cyclone Kraken as intended).
  • Fixed the Berserker Mod not applying to Excalibur's Exalted Blade and its waves.

VandalD

Harrow is more fun than I thought he'd be. All of his abilities have a use, provided your allies aren't already instantly killing everything. Penance makes guns feel a lot faster, and putting a Natural Talent on him did a lot towards making him fun for me. Need to dump some forma into him.

Also happy to finally have all of the prime stuff in the game that isn't founders only. Just waiting on Rhino to finish crafting. The only two things I lack now are Brakk and Despair. Need to hit a few LoRs I guess, but haven't wanted to.

Hotfix today! Opticor buffs! Seems the beam thickness was causing the problems.

Reduced Opticor charge time of from 2.5 to 2 seconds.
Temporarily removed Opticor beam thickness until it can be tested more thoroughly.

Also performance fixes.

Oooooo this upcoming update.

I was telling a friend at work who plays that open areas are one of the things I wanted in Warframe just two months ago. Sweeeeet.

Zackat

played a few hours tonight, good fun.

I just took those nasty bugs off my dude-man so baddie couldn't take me over

will play more tomorrow

renzolama

I'd love to get a clan invite when possible, account username is 'renzollama'

I've played a bit on and off for a few years but never really committed due to lacking a consistent group to play with. The open world reveal got me excited to get back into it so hoping that linking up with the gaf clan will help me stick with it.

Speaking of the clan, if any of the current warlords are still here (or if someone could get a message to them), if there's a lot of new players it's probably worth striking up the alliance with the GB clans again. We can handle overflow if the clan is too small.

Is this a pretty good and fun co-op game to play with friends? I keep looking for something MMOish, but everything I find feels like I am playing near friends, instead of playing with them.

Is this a pretty good and fun co-op game to play with friends? I keep looking for something MMOish, but everything I find feels like I am playing near friends, instead of playing with them.

4 player squads, so yeah you'll be playing close to others. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by playing near friends? Give some examples of games you've tried but felt were lacking.

Just power through, you'll have a bit more resources and that Rhino will be really useful. Just unlock all the map and do the mission nodes to start with.

Thanks for all the help - I got a bunch of notifications to do the archwing quest line - is that something I should pursue?

Because I did - and I swear the mission bugged out on me twice when trying to find the archive, or else this game has gotten a lot more platform heavy and I'm bad and can't get to the higher levels of the map.

Vanethyr

Decided to dust this off again after God knows how long following that Plains of Eidolon trailer - colour me intrigued!

If it's still about, could someone please invite me to the GAF clan? My in-game name's Nimdork (spoiler alert: I'm a helpless noob).

Because I did - and I swear the mission bugged out on me twice when trying to find the archive, or else this game has gotten a lot more platform heavy and I'm bad and can't get to the higher levels of the map.

You know how to bullet jump and wall run/bounce right? Crouch then jump to launch yourself super high? Holding jump while against a wall will let you do wall hops too.

And yes, you should do the Archwing quest. Although I don't believe there's any real platforming in that part of the quest. It should just be a straightforward sabotage mission.

GAF clan is at 29 members with one invite pending, so I can't send you an invite to the clan. I'm sure Glitchesarecool could get you into a clan that at least has all of the research done. If you need help with anything, you can message me in game too. I'm also vandald in Warframe.

Absolutely, we've actually done really well for clan activity and we're Storm sized + alliance. We're just not technically Neogaf, if that's important to you.

VandalD

Thanks for all the help - I got a bunch of notifications to do the archwing quest line - is that something I should pursue?

Yeah, you'll need an archwing to complete every planet. It's been a long time since I've done the quest for it, but I'm not surprised there could be new bugs with it. I'd be willing to help if you need it.
Decided to dust this off again after God knows how long following that Plains of Eidolon trailer - colour me intrigued!

If it's still about, could someone please invite me to the GAF clan? My in-game name's Nimdork (spoiler alert: I'm a helpless noob).
GAF clan is at 29 members with one invite pending, so I can't send you an invite to the clan. I'm sure Glitchesarecool could get you into a clan that at least has all of the research done. If you need help with anything, you can message me in game too. I'm also vandald in Warframe.

Zojirushi

Anybody playing this with the steam controller? I tried the default (official) config and it feels super sluggish. Bringing up the menu (start button) is a pain and it snaps out of aiming when moving the left stick while holding left trigger.

Also is something wrong with my settings or does this game have some awful black crush going on?

RS4-

Lol I finally decided to try the game...after having registered 4+ years ago. Whoops.

Just got to my ship and activated the armory, that's it so far.

4 player squads, so yeah you'll be playing close to others. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by playing near friends? Give some examples of games you've tried but felt were lacking.
Guild Wars 2. Black Desert Online. What I mean by that is that we'll be in voice chat together, and we have to point out to each other what quests we're getting and chat with each other as we are doing them to feel like we are playing together. But we really feel disconnected, like we aren't doing quests together but instead doing the..by each other. Talking about it to feel together. If that makes sense.

Anybody playing this with the steam controller? I tried the default (official) config and it feels super sluggish. Bringing up the menu (start button) is a pain and it snaps out of aiming when moving the left stick while holding left trigger.

Also is something wrong with my settings or does this game some have awful black crush going on?

Turn off Color Correction if you have it enabled, that setting just ruins the look of everything. I personally also keep motion blur, depth of field, and bloom turned off.

Lol I finally decided to try the game...after having registered 4+ years ago. Whoops.

Just got to my ship and activated the armory, that's it so far.

I decided to skip the tutorial mission in my excitement to play with the new systems back when that first released. Keep going!

Guild Wars 2. Black Desert Online. What I mean by that is that we'll be in voice chat together, and we have to point out to each other what quests we're getting and chat with each other as we are doing them to feel like we are playing together. But we really feel disconnected, like we aren't doing quests together but instead doing the..by each other. Talking about it to feel together. If that makes sense.

Well I can't help you much there. That sounds like a general problem with a game that gets long in the tooth for your group, when stuff starts to lose the luster. On the plus side, PC is constantly getting a healthy stream of weapons and other assorted updates, and it's pretty easy to put together a bunch of random things to just do a mission for fun with.

Yeah, you'll need an archwing to complete every planet. It's been a long time since I've done the quest for it, but I'm not surprised there could be new bugs with it. I'd be willing to help if you need it.

Thanks - I reran it again and completed it just fine. With my Rhino, my loadoat is a Karak/Galatine. In 2013, I was super proud of this! No idea if this is still viable or not. Seems to kill dudes just fine for now.

Thanks - I reran it again and completed it just fine. With my Rhino, my loadoat is a Karak/Galatine. In 2013, I was super proud of this! No idea if this is still viable or not. Seems to kill dudes just fine for now.

You will probably be fine for the vast majority of the star chart. Especially the Galatine, although there is a Galatine Prime now!

Primus

Came back in myself last night with the news, and started to immediately one-shot myself with my trusty 6-Forma'd Tonkor. Wasn't sure what was going on until reading up and finding that they "fixed" your immunity to your own Tonkor blasts a few months ago.

darthvadernooooooooo.jpg

Not to mention the solar map revamp and this Endo stuff and relics and fissures. Feeling a little lost here. :)

Not to mention the solar map revamp and this Endo stuff and relics and fissures. Feeling a little lost here. :)

rip tonkor

Solar map rework made things so much easier to navigate and work out than that weird sectional thing they had for a while; makes it feel more like original solar map. Endo is just fusion cores turned into a resource, that's not super complicated and it really made things much easier than getting common/uncommon/rare cores with varying levels. Relics are keys expanded and redone in a way to let the players have some more control over drop chances, and fissures just let us do the void grind without always needing to go to the gold and white void tiles.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hotfix today! Opticor buffs! Seems the beam thickness was causing the problems.

Also performance fixes.

hot shit, one of my problems with the weapon was that even with mods the charge time was too long.

this could be reduced greatly with vile accelaration and speed trigger.

Zackat

so I finished the first quest and now idk what to do or where to go.

Why are some of the missions on earth blinking blue

VandalD

Rhino is great. Used regular Galatine for a long while. As long as you're getting your missions done, it's all good! You can wait to worry about what's "viable" until after you finish the star chart and get to doing sorties or raids.

so I finished the first quest and now idk what to do or where to go.

Why are some of the missions on earth blinking blue
Complete all the missions on the planet that you can. Missions you haven't done blink blue. Get to the junctions and complete their objectives for rewards and access to more planets. Complete any quests you can that are given to you in your codex or elsewhere.

Saprol

Decided to pop back in yesterday hearing about the new plains thing. Haven't played since about update 16-17 given I was in the middle of leveling Chroma. Dug through my codex to make a spreadsheet for mastery completion. It sucks needing to rebuild old weapons so I can make the newer market blueprints.

I see there's more frames added to clan research but really I don't think I can spend regular time with the game to not be booted again for inactivity.

Junctions look interesting? Already have map access but I guess I need to clear them to get at content like Riven.

Digging the void key -> relic change because farming those items sucked enough.

also t-thanks twitch prime
SeE78U4.png

Dreavus

Is there a good place to read up all the movement options and the melee move sets? I vaguely remember doing the tutorial for the then-new movement system but it's foggy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a good place to read up all the movement options and the melee move sets? I vaguely remember doing the tutorial for the then-new movement system but it's foggy.

At the front of your space ship, left console, there's a submenu there where you can access all the tutorials.

The movesets are available from the esc menu after equipping a weapon with movesets.

What is a Damaged mod? Do I need to fix it to use it? Do mods become damaged over time?
Damaged mods are crappy noob versions of other mods. Just sell them once you find the normal version. Mods cannot be damaged or fixed.

Eidolon looked really cool, looking forward to finally getting gold dragon rank when new stuff drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom