• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warlock is the final map in Halo: MCC - IGN First

Matriox

I was hoping for Ivory Tower. I thought that was one of the fan favorites. Warlock is... ok. Much like wizard. It is okay for some niche modes, but since there are only 6 maps I think they should have chosen a better all around map.

Ivory Tower would have been sick but I'd say we'll see that in Halo 5 perhaps? I'm okay with any so long as I can play some Halo soon.. I'm getting antsy..

almost one month until launch and still no Halo CE gameplay, i start to get worried :(

on topic:
nice pick for the map, having a very close map like wizard was missing so far imo
i dont really get the hate for the map, its one of the best 1v1 maps in the Halo Series

Ivory Tower would have been sick but I'd say we'll see that in Halo 5 perhaps? I'm okay with any so long as I can play some Halo soon.. I'm getting antsy..

I thought it was kinda neat that in Halo Reach they remade Ivory Tower and it was actually one of the locations in the campaign, was really cool to revisit a multiplayer map in singleplayer.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was kinda neat that in Halo Reach they remade Ivory Tower and it was actually one of the locations in the campaign, was really cool to revisit a multiplayer map in singleplayer.
Almost all the Reach multiplayer maps were in single player.

Toa TAK

Banned
Coming up this week just to manage everyone's expectations:

Tomorrow: Full game preview after we poked around the whole damn thing
Wednesday: Halo Channel video walkthrough
Thursday: Revealing the Day 1 multiplayer hopper playlists
Friday: Revealing all 4000 Achievement points

Way, way more all month long. W00t!

Oh man, I can't wait for Friday. The achievement junkie in me is going to be let loose like no other.

343 make your single player "go here hold x," fill your multi with broken one hit kill shit and launch with 3 maps

you have to win the crown halo back from destiny
They already did that, it was called Halo 4.

And it didn't feel anywhere near as solid as Destiny.

I look forward to revisiting the least modified versions of Bungie's games on MCC. I'm not really excited about this Halo 4 mod.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hold on to your butts.

I'll be honest. Would have preferred Waterworks.

But it'll be nice to play king and oddball on no doubt.
Waterworks was my fav. :(

Warlock's a good map, though.

Izayoi

Banned
Bloodlines looks a little... disappointing. I'm not a fan of the changes I can see, but I guess I can't really pass judgement until I play it.

At least the two originals will be there in their full glory!

MysteryM

Darn it, didn't mind warlock but there were better options IMHO I'd have been happy with beaver creek, burial mounds or ivory tower. Guess they still exist in standard halo 2 :(

Izayoi

Banned
Darn it, didn't mind warlock but there were better options IMHO I'd have been happy with beaver creek, burial mounds or ivory tower. Guess they still exist in standard halo 2 :(
Yeah... Personally I would've liked to see Terminal or Burial Mounds (both of which we haven't seen since Halo 2). Ivory Tower I can forgive because we got it with Reach.

RoKKeR

Damn, good stuff. Some meaningful coverage coming from this month of First.

Very interested to see the multiplayer playlists.

it was posted in this thread a bit ago, I'll post it again. but no, we haven't seen it in motion.
halo-master-chief-collection-coagulation.jpg

that palette is depressing. way too much brown

Celestia

Not my first choice in maps I wanted to see remade, but it sure is pretty. Same with the grenade explosions. I completely forgot that Camo and Overshield were pickups too.

After seeing how Destiny turned out I think I'd rather have 343 on the Halo franchise at this point.
I don't even think anyone is contesting this view point. Reach was the worst. Bungie just didn't care anymore. Their enthusiasm was clearly back in full force for Destiny, but they made some baffling mistakes.

Killer

Banned
Disappointed is not Terminal. Such great and underrated map. I wish we see a remake of it in this or Halo 5.

Ninjician

Banned
Bro, what is your agenda?

Eh, no agenda.

Halo 5 will most likely be terrible, as expected.

I might pick up MCC to play Halo 2 online again, but I'll be steering FAR away from these terrible remakes of maps.

I guess we'll see what game still has the population in the coming years. Halo 4 certainly missed the mark, and I assume Halo 5 will just be even worse.

I don't even think anyone is contesting this view point. Reach was the worst. Bungie just didn't care anymore. Their enthusiasm was clearly back in full force for Destiny, but they made some baffling mistakes.

Where is this hate-force for Reach coming from? I swear I never heard an ounce of negativity before I came on Gaf, I consider it the best of all the Halo games. Bungie was clearly passionate about that game, it has the most heart of the entire series.

Is it some arbitrary multiplayer balancing issue? the introduction of armor abilities? I'm at a loss here, it's a damn good game.

I jokingly suggested to Max Hoberman that I'd have voted for "Witch" in keeping with the spellcaster-starting-with-the-letter-W thing. :)

I am pretty sure plenty of people are very envious of you right now, you lucky bastard! It's a good thing The Master Chief Collection is just over a month away. Your coverage is satiating my Halo thirst! By God, did Warlock look so good. The sky is jaw dropping gorgeous.

Do you happen to know when you'll show Halo 3 and 4? Or are you not allowed to say?

Ninjician

Banned
Where is this hate-force for Reach coming from? I swear I never heard an ounce of negativity before I came on Gaf, I consider it the best of all the Halo games, Bungie was clearly passionate about that game, it has the most heart of the entire series.

It's a GAF thing. I agree with you, it's their best game in the Halo series.

Halo 4 came out, and we literally didn't touch it after a few months. Never had the urge to.

I see the same fate for Halo 5.

link1201

Anything new on the ranking system front?

El_Chino

Eh, no agenda.

Halo 5 will most likely be terrible, as expected.

I might pick up MCC to play Halo 2 online again, but I'll be steering FAR away from these terrible remakes of maps.

I guess we'll see what game still has the population in the coming years. Halo 4 certainly missed the mark, and I assume Halo 5 will just be even worse.
Assumptions and opinions. You say these things as if they're facts. You haven't even seen or played Halo 5/Halo MCC remade maps.

Kinda disappointed. That map is definitely not on the list for iconic Halo 2 maps. But, I'd happily throw money at DLC, especially if it included Terminal, Headlong, Relic, and Containment. Warlord at least looks beautiful. That unfortunately cannot be said about Bloodline. I know it's "WIP", but it's way too dull with too much brown, not to mention the ugly looking bases. Hopefully they brighten it up to look more like the CE/2 versions.

Why hello there :]

Thanks for all the coverage and your passion in this industry. IGN gets a lot of flack, but you guys are comprised of many talented and genuine individuals. One month until we relive the glory days!

Seventy70

There's still going to be a mode where you can play all the original Halo 2 maps, right? Also, I dont know why they would rename them. Makes it kind of confusing when youre talking about a map.

Why would they change the naming?

Always have, it's tradition

Blood Gulch: Halo 1 - Coagulation: Halo 2 - Hemorrhage Halo: Reach

Sidewinder: Halo 1 - Avalanche: Halo 3

Battle Creek: Halo 1 - Beaver Creek: Halo 2

Midship: Halo 2 - Heretic: Halo 3

Zanzibar: Halo 2 - Last Resort: Halo 3

There's a ton more..

sp3000

Why is every gameplay of this only show BR starts? It's boring as hell. There is zero weapon variety except for BR, rockets, and snipers since player ignore every other weapon on the map when they already spawn with the best. No SMG, Plasma Rifle, Magnum or duel wielding of any kind is every employed because of it.

Are playlist hoppers all going to be exclusively BR starts?

And why is 343 insistent on using the awful Halo 4 announcer for Halo 2 anniversary? Does Stinkles actually think that it sounds better than the Halo 2 one?

This is total bullshit. Reach had more heart put into it starting from it's menu screens than Destiny or Halo 4 ever did.

Top Bottom