• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warlock is the final map in Halo: MCC - IGN First

I think the map looks okay. What I don't like is the weird lighting on the map. It dampens the atmosphere quite a bit, similar to how the new lockout lighting looks filtered. Just remove the weird filtering and I'd be more than happy with the result on both maps.
f5QzPbi.jpg

Striker

My point is, at least give it a shot before decrying it as "ruined" and not simply "different", considering Max Hoberman was involved in both versions.

Boxes were added to the flag bases with forge in MLG Pit, and it actually improved the flow a shit ton.
It did, but its base design in general is shit compared to other top 4v4 symmetrical maps.

You must have hated all the brown maps and levels in Halo 2 then.

At least your honest about not caring at all about gameplay, I'll give you that.
Like what? Lighting greatly helped maps like Burial Mounds and Waterworks. This just looks dull; simple blue sky boxes in BG and Coag were nicer to look at.

Thanks, I genuinely appreciate that. Seriously.

And to answer other questions in the thread, everything you want (MP & SP footage from all four games, ranking system info, etc.) is all going to be explored in our coverage this month because I want the same things you guys want. :)

I'm only a little hesitant to share our schedule too far out in case the schedule has to change; I'd rather not disappoint people when it can be avoided.

On that note, though, I'll plug one thing: on 10/22 (exact time TBD, but likely 11am PT) we're doing a 2-hour livestream (unfortunate note in advance: for complex technical reasons beyond my control, it will be a 1080p/30fps livestream, BUT the breakout segments we'll bust out after the fact will be 1080p/60fps, just like the rest of our MCC coverage this month). Max Hoberman will be joining us and we'll be doing nothing but taking requests via Twitter (i.e. game/map/gametype/custom rules). It should be really fun!

Sorry for the long post! I hope people appreciate what we're attempting to do with IGN First. The law of averages means it probably won't be a home run every month (just like my days in magazines; some covers were weaker than others!), but I think our Destiny month and what we're doing with MCC are particular examples of what we are capable of.

fooooooorge!

What happened from
a617fcb725e0b8f21b07adca4923d8ca.jpg

to
halo-master-chief-collection-coagulation.jpg

?

Why did they changed the art direction from a beautiful colorpalette to a brown-lightning filter? Its like they didnt even try to match the theme of the concept art.

Coming up this week just to manage everyone's expectations:

Tomorrow: Full game preview after we poked around the whole damn thing
Wednesday: Halo Channel video walkthrough
Thursday: Revealing the Day 1 multiplayer hopper playlists
Friday: Revealing all 4000 Achievement points

Way, way more all month long. W00t!

tumblr_mo7sossCjz1r6dk8qo1_400.gif

Coming up this week just to manage everyone's expectations:

Tomorrow: Full game preview after we poked around the whole damn thing
Wednesday: Halo Channel video walkthrough
Thursday: Revealing the Day 1 multiplayer hopper playlists
Friday: Revealing all 4000 Achievement points