• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros making an announcement for two popular brands (Seemingly Lego Star Wars)

What will be announced tomorrow?

Results are only viewable after voting.
What the hell is up with the thread poll?

Batman & Superman vs. The Injust Hypelords At Warner?

Adventure Time x Mortal Kombat?

what the XD

So, Warner clarified the situation or not? I'm pretty sure it's concerning LEGO Star Wars VII but maybe, MAYBE there is a little chance that it's something else...

z42eRqY.png

ThatGuy

Its Lego Star Wars for sure. Why would they try to drum up hype for anything that they would be sure that it will get enough press coverage when it gets announced.

SpotAnime

I for one am surprised Disney is allowing them to make another Lego game. I thought after Infinity they would have hoarded that for themselves. But hey, we got Marvel AND Avengers during that time so look how wrong I am.

But if we're still holding out hope, please be a Lego Scooby-Doo game. Or better yet, a Lego Saturday Morning Cartoons game with a bunch of Hanna Barberra properties like Flintstones, Hair Bear Bunch, Secret Squirrel etc. Now THAT would be something to get excited about.

I wouldn't mind LEGO games if they didn't follow the same formula every time. The art styles tend to be charming, but the gameplay is always the same bash/collect/jump around

Only one I really enjoyed was Marvel Super Heroes and that was mainly because of the open world and different heroes.

MrBadger

It was never going to happen but I wanted them to hold off on making a Lego Star Wars until they could make it about all 3 movies, like the first 2. Less padding that way. But also less money so fair enough that this exists

The first LEGO Star Wars is what got me into Star Wars so I am pretty excited.
Its probably the best sequel trilogy game we are gonna get considering the fact that EA has the exclusive rights.

Ehh, Lego Star Wars doesn't knock my socks off but my kids will eat it up and I enjoy playing these games Co-Op with them. WB was never going to make a "Huge" core focused announcement on a random Tuesday in February but Gaf is gonna Gaf.

Pretty sure that's exactly how Arkham Knight was announced, some random day in early 2014.

To be honest, this... kinda doesn't feel like its gonna work out well? By what I realise is a very early impression.

But part of what made the previous Star Wars Lego games great was the fact that you got so much content to play with. You had three movies' worth of settings, events, and characters to play with each. This quite evidently can't have that, and so they're trying to... bridge the gap between the OT and ST? With lego? What?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I still don't really get into Lego's. I never really was. The box would sit in my closet and that was it. Even now I'm not really interested in them. I don't get why the industry makes such a big deal out the culture just falling in love with it. Lego to me, it's just pieces of plastic that fall apart. I wish they would have saved the whole "making a bold statement". It comes off as being so sincere about a video game regardless of how people might actually feel.

People also love M&M's, but they don't follow the latest products coming out or record every commercial (they might). I like 7up's spot (right), but they aren't making another game about that character. I feel like they have made these brands possible in every department, but a lot of people will just simply ignore them altogether. I don't want to keep a voucher for a Lego game if I buy a console, but that's just me.

SomTervo

This name, + this avatar pic, plus this GIF

dying

I still don't really get into Lego's. I never really was. The box would sit in my closet and that was it. Even now I'm not really interested in them. I don't get why the industry makes such a big deal out the culture just falling in love with it. Lego to me, it's just pieces of plastic that fall apart. I wish they would have saved the whole "making a bold statement". It comes off as being so sincere about a video game regardless of how people might actually feel.

People also love M&M's, but they don't follow the latest products coming out or record every commercial (they might). I like 7up's spot (right), but they aren't making another game about that character. I feel like they have made these brands possible in every department, but a lot of people will just simply ignore them altogether. I don't want to keep a voucher for a Lego game if I buy a console, but that's just me.

For the record, you're a bit off the mark here: the games have little/nothing to do with the physical toys.

The games are nice, sometimes excellent action adventures. They're perfect for playing with kids or casual gamers - excellent couch co-op support.

A few of them (Marvel Superheroes, Underground, Star Wars series) are pretty damn good games with insane amounts of content and fun gameplay. The gameplay is a mix of puzzling and action.

They're super cheap on PC quite often. You should check one out. Marvel Superheroes is my personal favourite - open world Manhattan and you can play up to 400 (or something) licensed heroes and villains from the Marvel universe.

Top Bottom