• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros making an announcement for two popular brands (Seemingly Lego Star Wars)

What will be announced tomorrow?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drayco21

I'm hoping for Superman and Suicide Squad from Montreal, to get the DC Games Universe rolling out of the "All DC stuff is Batman" mentality.

I could be potentially interested in another Lego game, though.

Edit: Oh, more Lego Star Wars? Not really interested in a fifth take on Lego Star Wars, not even for TFA.

Concept17

I can't wait to use my light saber to cut down the thing so I can jump on the other thing and then build that thing which I'll have to force pull to destroy another thing which will reveal a switch that will open the other thing that will animate in 5 different directions to reveal a big button that will finally open the first door in the level.

Lol, if it's really LEGO Star Wars VII, I wouldn't call that "massive" but I guess it is for Warner Bros. Interactive.

Now let's the wrath begin... unless the LEGO leak is just a coincidence.

Please don't be Lego __________. We don't need more Lego games.

It's going to be Lego Dimensions Batman V Superman, isn't it?

Oh well, it's Lego Star Wars.

You know what this is don't you?

A sad truth.

Anyways, I'm betting on LEGO Batman v Superman. They'll want to milk the franchise with the movie coming out soon, they're far too cheap to actually have two seperate things to announce, and it seems every comic hero needs to have a LEGO game.

EDIT: Well shit, late to that party. Still guarantee LEGO BvS will be a thing in the near future though.

Well then.

Hey, I liked the other Lego Star Wars games, so I'll probably get this one sometime down the line.

Well, assuming that the announcement is actually true.

Lol, if it's really LEGO Star Wars VII, I wouldn't call that "massive" but I guess it is for Warner Bros. Interactive.

Now let's the wrath begin.

I don't know, the Star Wars brand is superhot right now and I'm sure this game will sell very well and make a lot of money.

Maybe not massive to the people of GAF, but to Warner it is.

RexNovis

Banned
I bet it ends up being Lego something.

Have they made a Lego Star Wars game yet? Maybe its that. Star Wars is so hot right now.

Edit: Oh hey apparently I was right. Well damn that's disappointing.

I bet it ends up being Lego something.

Have they made a Lego Star Wars game yet? Maybe its that. Star Wars is so hot right now.

Edit: Oh hey apparently I was right. Well damn that's disappointing.
FYI, Lego Star Wars is the game that launched TT's Lego series. There have been 4 so far, one for the prequel trilogy (the original game), one for the original trilogy, The Complete Saga (both combined with extra and remixed content), and one for the first few seasons of The Clone Wars.

EYEL1NER

I was hoping for a new Mordor game but Lego Star Wars 7? Other game will probably be Batman-related.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Lego games, especially the Lego Star Wars games (though I prefer them before the move to more open-world levels and before they added VA). I would much rather have a Lego Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 game though than have them try to stretch TFA out into one Lego game.

Kyoufu

Can we get a tentative topic title change? Like, tack on "(Star Wars 7?)" or something, so people stop guessing? lol

Well, one poster claims it isn't.

And well, they already did Lego Star Wars so I'm kind of hoping said poster is correct and it's something they haven't done before.

Canucked

Frankly, I would buy a game with the name "Injust Hypelords" in it, no matter what.

I want the limited statue edition of the game.

I will buy dozens of new Injust Hypelords as DLC.

RK128

Lego Star Wars Episode 7

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B01BC68Y9O/

"The best-selling LEGO video game franchise makes its triumphant return with a journey full of action and humor based on the blockbuster movie. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. Play as Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and many others in LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force! The Force is strong here ... The best-selling LEGO video game franchise returns with a journey full of action and humor based on the hit movie Star Wars. Play with Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and your other favorite characters from the movie! LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, players relive the action of the movie Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, told through the lens of LEGO intelligent and witty. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force also introduces Multi-buildings and Battles with the Blaster universe of LEGO videogames. With Multi-buildings, use LEGO bricks available to open new paths, and then rompili ricostruiscili to open others! During the battles with the Blaster, use the environment as protection to address the First Order."

Platforms available for pre-order: Xbox One, PS4, New 3DS, WiiU, PC, PS3, Xbox 360

So the expected thing happened :).

I'm sorta surprised this happened so soon, considering we got Ep. VII content in Infinity 3.0 and this could eat up sales on that playset but happy we are getting this regardless :D.

With it focusing on one film and having new content means it will not have the issues Lego Avengers on consoles has (adapting six movies = not enough content for each film) in addition to having all the features current Lego games have (open worlds for example).

Interesting how the Vita and 3DS were gutted from the picture and the New 3DS is getting its first third party exclusive game so far. Maybe this paints a picture for a later Vita version having its tech pushed more or that the handheld version is going to be even bigger then Lego Avengers.

Edit: This isn't real? Or am I misreading latter posts wrong :l. Either way, if this is true, interesting how this ignores the Vita version and the New 3DS is getting its first third party exclusive.

Dawg

EA: "pls understand, we can't give anymore TFA content in battlefront, disney will kill us for ruining canon"

WB "HI PALS, WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU THE ENTIRE MOVIE... IN A LEGO GAME!!! HAHAHA, WHO CARES ABOUT CANON? I KNOW EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE LEGO KYLO REN LOSE A BATTLE BECAUSE HE STEPPED ON A LEGO BRICK AND HURT HIS FOOT :laughingemoji:"

From the list in the poll, my hype level would be:

1. DC vs Marvel (story driven game)
2. DC vs Marvel (fighting game)
3. Game of Thrones x Lord of the Rings (story driven game)
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Batman x Superman
6. Scooby Doo
7. Everything else (i.e. I don't care)

Top Bottom