• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut Launches on October 13th

SirNinja

PS4_WL2DC_2D_Pack_USA.jpg

What the fuck is this cover inXile?

Yeah, what the fuck is with them using some nice artwork.

Why not just use this?

250px-Wasteland2art.jpg

Because they already did? That was the cover art, pre-Director's Cut.

see5harp

I thought this game was decent for the time I spent with the PC version. Definitely A LOT better and full featured than any of the Shadowrun games. I probably enjoyed it less than Pillars of Eternity though.

Aaron

Didn't like it much honestly. It's a clone of the early Fallouts, and has almost nothing to do with the original Wasteland game aside from a few cute mentions and the pointless text read out.

Mivey

Didn't like it much honestly. It's a clone of the early Fallouts, and has almost nothing to do with the original Wasteland game aside from a few cute mentions and the pointless text read out.
The early Fallouts are pretty much what they wanted the sequels to Wasteland to be back then anyway. Only reason for the change was that EA had the IP. I wonder how much Fargo had to pay for it a few years back. These kinds of companies dont't usually sell their old IP, and if they do it couldn't have been cheap.

Was anyone really expecting them to make the combat text-based?

ZachTv

Neo Member
I enjoyed the 20+ hours I spent on PC and I think I only made it halfway through the story. Moving the characters/party with a controller will be nice.

How long does this game take to complete on PC? Dont know yet if Ill get this but if so I want to finish it before Fallout 4.

aravuus

I recently played Fallout 2 for the first time and absolutely loved it, so this really just makes me more excited about the game.

Obviously not expecting the same level of writing, but I hope it's good at least. Doubt I'll be into the gameplay that much.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I enjoyed the 20+ hours I spent on PC and I think I only made it halfway through the story. Moving the characters/party with a controller will be nice.

If you played 20 hours you weren't no halfway through. Maybe a quarter.

Tigress

Damn... I'm going to be in need of a game to play before Fallout cause I'm pretty sure I can finish Mad Max today or at least wihtin a week (I think I'm halfway or more through the story and I pretty much now have cleared out the areas of everything but scavenging spots).

But... I am pretty sure I'll want more than a month to play Wastelands 2 so I'd rather get it when I have time to play it (and I will stop any game to be playing Fallout). A good RPG will last me quite a while.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Me too. The fact it still isn't on PSN, will we have to wait for the store to update on tuesday? No preload… no midnight launch?

Really? I'm pretty sure x1 has preload... Maybe ps4 will still add. Does Sony only add pre-orders on Tuesday? I guess I've never checked.

Ledhead

I'm interested in Wasteland 2. Big fan of this sort of game. That said, I don't have enough time to justify dropping 40 on this. I'll pick it up when I have more time and fewer games in the backlog

kai3345

Banned
Any word on if controller support will transfer over to the PC version? I've been trying to turn some of my friends on to this game who are big Fallout 3/NV fans, but are turned off by KBM controls

bati

Any word on if controller support will transfer over to the PC version? I've been trying to turn some of my friends on to this game who are big Fallout 3/NV fans, but are turned off by KBM controls

I've always wondered how one can be turned off by KBM controls. Do your friends own laptops and use touchpads exclusively?

smisk

I can't imagine this and D:OS selling very well on console. I'm sure they'll get some sales, but they're pretty niche PC RPG's most console gamers won't care about. Still, I'm always for a wider audience discovering these types of games.

KarmaCow

Is there a good repository of character portraits? I never made it past the character creation in the base game but I was never happy with the stock portraits.

Wanace

Looking forward to this! Shame it's so close to Fallout 4 though. I hope I can make it through before that releases.

I can't imagine this and D:OS selling very well on console. I'm sure they'll get some sales, but they're pretty niche PC RPG's most console gamers won't care about. Still, I'm always for a wider audience discovering these types of games.

D:OS was a pretty decent sized hit on PC and sold as many copies as quite a few AAA releases do on the platform. I think it would do great on consoles. I'm just not sure this is the best release window. I'm surprised that both D:OS and W2 thought the fall would be the optimum time. There is no doubt to me that part of the reason D:OS was such a surprise hit on PC was that it released in a slow time of the summer. Would have thought that Larian would realize that and plan accordingly for the console release.

ArjanN

I've always wondered how one can be turned off by KBM controls. Do your friends own laptops and use touchpads exclusively?

I find that a lot of console gamers prefer to have direct control over the characters, especially if they don't have a lot of experience with more old-school RPGs.

Hektor

Is there a good repository of character portraits? I never made it past the character creation in the base game but I was never happy with the stock portraits.

There are thousands of custome portraits made by fans that you can easily mod into the game, like here: http://www.nexusmods.com/wasteland2/mods/15/?

And you can just as well make some yourself.

You only need to make some jpg's or png's in the size of 256 x 256 and paste them into Documents\My Games\Wasteland 2\Custom Portraits (Maybe you'll have to create the folder manually)

You can use everything, photos from the recent Mad Max Movie, characters from Fallout or Anime Waifus.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There are thousands of custome portraits made by fans that you can easily mod into the game, like here: http://www.nexusmods.com/wasteland2/mods/15/?

You only need to make some jpg's or png's in the size of 256 x 256 and paste them into Documents\My Games\Wasteland 2\Custom Portraits (Maybe you'll have to create the folder manually)

You can use everything, photos from the recent Mad Max Movie, characters from Fallout or Anime Waifus.

Yea the custom portrait support is on point. I wonder if they managed to get it working in the console version? Probably not.

Some of us prefer playing video games while lounging on the couch with our feet up instead of hunching over a keyboard at a desk.

Tigress

The early fallouts were technically a clone of the original wasteland.

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I backed the original release on kickstarter. Pledged $50 to get the physical edition and never got it. Probably my fault for never contacting them when I never recieved it. Maybe I'll pick it up on PS4 now since I prefer the platform.

KarmaCow

Awesome thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Top Bottom