• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut Launches on October 13th

bati

Digital release is at 12:00 AM pacific time, according to the FAQ.

Does anyone know if Charisma still functions the same as in vanilla, ie, party wide? I was hoping I could create a face char to recruit the npcs with higher charisma requirement rather than sacrificing stats of my entire party.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there a review embargo? Looking into getting this, but would like to see some reviews before I get it.

I mean, the game has been out for a year or so on PC, you can get a decent idea of the general content of the game already fairly easily.

Lanrutcon

I am dead keen to read the balance changes. The original was all about ARs and ranged superiority. By mid game your group could be absolutely deadly.

Is there a review embargo? Looking into getting this, but would like to see some reviews before I get it.

Reviews go up this morning. If you need a general concensus on the game, the pc reviews out now might give you a clear indication of what to expect. That said, this is the directors cut with updates and of course console performance to consider.

Sijil

Will the DC version replace the old one on Steam or will it be added as a separate game? Kind of hope for the former, I hate clutter.

rpcdrag0n

Really enjoying this on XB1 and pleased that this and Divinity got consoles ports.

It's not a looker by any means and was a little overwhelming at first but a few missions in and am loving the atmosphere.

Lord Phol

Never got that far into this but I've always wanted to return. This seems like a perfect time to do so, will wait for the PC patch and start a new file. Is there a list of all the changes/improvements flying around somewhere?

Will the patch for the PC version add controller support? I haven't seen it mentioned apart from the fact that it'll get a patch at some point.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there any detail on balance changes or revamped character creation? I'd like to start planning my party at work today...

Some in the FAQ I linked. They've changed the way energy weapons work, and heavy armor. Heavy armor provides a debuff called Conductive, and Energy weapons get a bonus against anyone with that debuff, rather than the somewhat confusing armor scaling of the original game. There's also shooting of specific limbs now.

Characters can get perks and quirks, though I'm not sure if either of those have been detailed too much. Quirks are selected at character creation, perks are earned over the course of the game. They've reportedly rebalanced nearly every combat encounter in the game.

As someone who loves the original Fallout games I backed this game on KS, yet never got around to playing it.
This seems like the perfect time to start.

It's a free patch on PC? That's nice. I still don't own the game but it's definitely on my list of future purchases.
Next year is so packed though, sometimes I wish rpgs weren't my favorite genre...

scitek

I think they added some voice but not that much, not like Larian (which I really don't know how they manage to get all those voice actor to do that especially since the game is out for a year now, they should keep their money for other project, but hey, im not complaining )

They've added over 8000 new voiced lines in the DC.

Some in the FAQ I linked. They've changed the way energy weapons work, and heavy armor. Heavy armor provides a debuff called Conductive, and Energy weapons get a bonus against anyone with that debuff, rather than the somewhat confusing armor scaling of the original game. There's also shooting of specific limbs now.

Characters can get perks and quirks, though I'm not sure if either of those have been detailed too much. Quirks are selected at character creation, perks are earned over the course of the game. They've reportedly rebalanced nearly every combat encounter in the game.
Thanks. Don't know how I missed your post.

Pretty excited to replay this, but I can't remember how anything works, and now they seem to have changed a reasonable amount. I will probably just have to spend a few hours on the character creation screen tomorrow night.

You should still buy the PC version. It will have both options of m/kb and controller controls. Also, it's a free update if you own the original version. M/KB works much better for this type of game though.

This has me pretty excited. I kickstarted WL2 and when the game came out I just ended up skipping it and leaving it in the backlog. Now with the DC coming out I had glossed over whether or not I would be able to use a controller, because I almost always favor the controller these days. Good to know this will let me do that.

aravuus

Can't find a store page for DC on Steam, am I supposed to just buy the regular edition and the DC will be automatically added to my library in n hours?

Corpekata

Banned
Can't find a store page for DC on Steam, am I supposed to just buy the regular edition and the DC will be automatically added to my library in n hours?

More or less. It's been renamed to Wasteland 2- Classic on the store page itself so the DC probably be added sometime today.

New update on the page from Brian Fargo: http://steamcommunity.com/games/240760/announcements/detail/106191172676994350

Nothing really new, just going over the inspirations for the game originally, that sort of thing.

They're doing a Thunderclap campaign, at the bottom of the letter for those interested.

Javier23

Banned
Is this like Fallout 1 and 2 in terms of how it's played?
In my 15-20 hours with it, I'd say it's more like the original Wasteland, that is, more focused on exploration, combat and party management. The writing is top-notch though, and there are certain areas with plenty of dialogue and very different ways to go about certain quests.

Top Bottom