• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

Redx508

I was at the NYC one so much fun seeing that MGSV trailer no one was talking. the feels.
lots of reactions #thehypewasreal!

TAS

There was one dude right in the middle of the theater who read every single word on the screen aloud. Whether it was a title, a subtitle, a quote, ANYTHING. He fucking screamed it aloud. It was hilarious and terrible.

Oh God..I was sitting a few seats in front of this fool! And next to me was this MID guy who would ask the same questions over and over. :| And yeah..the theater got hot and smelly fast. Oh well..getting to watch the conference on the big screen was (mostly) worth it. Now it's time to take a shower lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
kind of annoyed that i ended up paying $4 for parking because the theatre validation only covered part of the time. lol freaking Los Angeles shopping malls. so i got a $1 psn voucher ;)

at least it wasn't smelly.

I had a damn blast! Everyone smelled good and I was really impressed with Sony's confrence. They checked almost every box!

How did my other SLC gaffers enjoy themselves?

I was the sole person who let out a holler when boyes did the gaf shoutout in nyc. Lots of unhealthy gamers too, many more than assumed. Pretty disgusting though. unhygenic stinky, rude, stereotypical gamers.

Mk, Lbp, Batman, mgs, uncharted got biggest cheers id say... There really was a lot shown.

Oh - psTV got a much bigger reaction than i expected.

Oh - and of course shu

It was pretty decent

Shoutout to the guy that screamed out "NEOGAF" at the Miami event

Haha, that was me. Glad to see there was a good contingent lol. Too bad I didn't get to meet any of you guys, I've been battling the flu all day and got there late and headed out quickly after to get home. But I wasn't gonna miss it. It was a fun time.

Had a really positive experience in San Antonio. Most people seemed genuinely excited and there wasn't too much jeering.

My biggest complaint was that the theater was too cold. Hygiene was far better than I expected, and overall I had a good time.

Xenus

That argument in the middle was quite odd. Wasn't even sure what was going on. It did make the worst part of Sony's conference interesting though.

It wasn't a bad experience and glad you could get in for the start.

Lol I was right next to that shit. Essentially guy was drunk and smelling of alcohol and kept prossing his buddy a beat down in the parking lot for some unknown reason other then apparently he was an xbox fan. A girl behind me finallyh got sick of him and said "Shut the fuck up I didn't drive 3 hours to go here to listen to your ass the whole time and can't hear the show. So he being drunk told her to shut up and started telling her how he could do what he wanted and what was she going to do about it.. Tried to get her to slap him. Her freind told him to shut up as well and he threatened to fight him. So he walked down and got the usher the whole whhile he was going on to her about what hwas she going to do and making fun of her friend for walking away. When the usher came back he gave some excuse of how he was here the whole time. Like that mattered and they were full of bullshit. The usher said he can leave nicely or she can call the cops. So he left saying fuck this bullshit. Then a cood chunk of the back left quarter of the theatre clapped as he was lead away.

So long story short drunk guy being drunk.

AZGAF: I didn't sniff test, or pay too much attention to the crowds, as I was buzzed and more interested in the show. It seemed Arizona had a good mix of demo, mostly 25-30 y/o male, but more females than I anticipated, and I saw just about all races I am aware of, represented. Squeezed in tight next to a nice lady who 'didn't bite' because I thought it would be packed, but we had some free seats to our left. Next year, if they do this again, we need to meet up at Uncle Bear's next door and pre/post game the event.

Nice meeting y'all out there! It was definitely a different experience watching E3 in a movie theater.

Real cool. Will do it again :)

I had a lot of fun. MiamiGAF definitely showed up as there were a few NeoGAF shoutouts followed by cheers from the audience. We didn't get no shirt though. :(

There were some NeoGAF hootin and hollerin....I won't name names.

I definitely shouted out when whoever in the front row said Neogaf! A bunch of MiamiGAF met in the front of the theater afterwards and said hey to each other. My poor gf fell asleep though so I had to wake her up for the MKX
and Batman Gameplay.

Again, I'm the one who shouted out "Where neogaf at!?" lol I got there late, wanted to see you guys.
It was you. Props! The rest of MiamiGAF was in the back.

I was the sole person who let out a holler when boyes did the gaf shoutout in nyc. Lots of unhealthy gamers too, many more than assumed. Pretty disgusting though. unhygenic stinky, rude, stereotypical gamers.

Hmmm, my theater was full of very nice people and I didn't notice any dirty smelly people. Sounds more like typical NYC crowd than gamer crowd IMO.

rob305

I definitely shouted out when whoever in the front row said Neogaf! A bunch of MiamiGAF met in the front of the theater afterwards and said hey to each other. My poor gf fell asleep though so I had to wake her up for the MKX gameplay and Batman Gameplay.

Haha I didn't even notice that she fell asleep

TheJLC

Chicago

Had a fun time. Brought my 4 year old son ( youngest gamer in the theater)
Haha, so that was you? I waved to your son as you guys walked into the the screening room.

You guys seem some of the few that weren't lost. :p (I was at the entrance making sure people had their lanyards and would find the right place.)

In Chicago there were definitely some gaffers and redditors and obvious when Boyes mentioned them.

Chris R

LBP got the biggest cheer from the group in my theater. We only had one graphical glitch during the presentation after a ton during the preshow.

I'd go again, but Sony needs to trim the fat (PS TV, Powers, ect) and use prerecorded gameplay next time.

I ran into Niko and saw a couple GAF members I think. Ended up leaving to restrooms and didn't reconnect with anyone after.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Sure the poster was lame and the real gift was some codes and credit but getting a broadcast like that for many of those games was intensely satisfying to see in theaters. The experience is something I'd do again and several of the people near our little group were friendly as well.

Definitely had some shouts and clapping expressed for LBP3, Mortal Kombat, The Order, and even some gasping at things like Batman and Uncharted. Interesting to hear people to react to certain titles. The collective MEH for all the Disney Infinity seemed to permeate even to Adam Boyes lol.

Now Sam and I have parted ways with everyone else and are stuck in s BART station, as they have a train out of service causing delays to get home.

I drove two hours from Cleveland to Columbus for this thing, and I gotta say that I'm pretty let down by it. It also didn't help that the projectionist (or whoever) at the theater botched the job so everything looked like a PS2 game.

It was nice watching it with a live audience, but honestly I would never travel more than 30 minutes out of my way for one of these again.

For people lucky enough to live in an area showing these, I'm sure it was awesome though.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Shout-out to AZ GAF and the crowd there in general. Seems like there was a lot of GAFers there, even though I only ended up talking to 3-4. When the GAF shoutout happened it sounded like a good 20-30 people ended up shouting "Yeah!"s and whatnot.

But yeah, total blast and hope they'll do it again, and looking forward to playing Destiny with all of you on thursday.

Pandacon

I have to say, one nice thing about this was the quality of the video, well, when it wasn't screwing up at least.

But when the video was coming smoothly it was at a high resolution and 60fps. You could definitely see the 60fps with MGSV, TLoU, and UC4. Was nice.

Great show though, didn't expect to see LBP3 and UC4, and I really enjoyed the gameplay from Farcry, The Order, and No Mans Sky.

FluxWaveZ

That was a pretty good experience, over at the Montreal theater. Quality of the projection/stream was nice and consistent, people didn't talk too loudly for the most part, good reactions when warranted and they gave out all of that garbage swag. Thought I'd just be into it for the surprise, but it turned out to be pretty cool in its own right.

Those 30 exclusive minutes for those at the theater was mostly crap, though. Outside of the Uncharted 4 interview, which was interesting, I just stayed to figure out what the code was all about. Not into either of the alphas/betas that they entail, but whatever.

If they ever do this again, I'll consider going, and not just for whatever surprise they might come up with.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Welp, guess this press conference was in reality pretty average. I don't care though, because I really, really, enjoyed myself watching with a theater of people and getting to hang with a couple of people from H-TownGAF afterwards. There was cheering and hooping and clapping and hollering. Bated breaths and sighs of relief. I loved the whole experience. I think I'm just gonna force this high to last throughout all of E3 week. Gotta keep all that negativity out of my system. I don't want to become jaded ;)

The whole 3rd party games are the most important thing, that's so true. It made me a bit sad that the applause for anything not massive 3rd party franchise was so measured (except ND and MM). My favorite reactions had to be The Order when it was revealed that all of it was gameplay when the reticle popped up, there were "Holy shit"s to be had, and when Batman went out of the cutscene and out to the city and it was gorgeous. Biggest disappointment, no applause for No Mans Sky. Fucking, nothing. Something is seriously wrong with something here. I need to figure out what it is. A very well produced conference, with some annoying anti-Xbox people behind me. Came off as a bit juvenile, but hey, they probably were. I like to think that anyone over 17 doesn't actually "hate xbox". That's dumb. No BO, not too many loud people, I hope Sony does this again. And the Swag was pretty nice. Much more than I expected after I got a lanyard. Seriously guys, even the lanyard was stretching expectations.

Houston had no shirts. Just a poster. I wouldn't even call it a poster. lol
Will post full impressions tomorrow after work.
Jeels !! Sorry !! I didn't get any of your messages. Sorry. Come see Guardians of the Galaxy with us or something. And yeah, no shirts in Houston. Just this... poster thing. I'm gonna chop it into 4ths and use the cool parts and pin them on my wall, or something. Lots of lots of energy in the theater, but I think I'm a tad disconnected from the mainstream... Disturbingly so.

Xenus

Were you guys close enough to hear what that was actually about? We were down above the handicap rail and couldn't make any of it out.

The guy was 4 seats or so to my right. See overly long explaination posted previously. Or the short version drunk being drunk threatening to beat his friend half the show. Someone telling him to shut up. Then threatens to beat up more people etc.

tensuke

Finally just got home lol. From the Jacksonville one. Hygiene didn't seem too bad from where I was, most people seemed like normal dudes/dudettes. I think the stream was the same for everyone more or less or so I've gathered from other posters, messing up in the beginning and then a little towards the middle.

The swag was decent, no golden PS4/Vita/Morpheus/TLG combo, but for free I can't complain. Plus it was really cool seeing it in theater with a ton of other gamers, really made it more exciting I think. Everybody was kinda bummed the last vid was Uncharted, I think people were hoping for Crash or TLG lol. Looked great though, a lot of really strong games and I can think of a ton that I'll definitely buy day one, so I'm satisfied. LBP 3 <333

Also apparently right before the Suda51 trailer someone shouted Shaq Fu and my brother thought that's what it was, Shaq straight up murdering dudes in a sewer, and he laughed hysterically throughout the video until he realized it wasn't (lol) and got quiet.

GrizzNKev

Banned
It was pretty decent

Shoutout to the guy that screamed out "NEOGAF" at the Miami event

Haha, that was me. Glad to see there was a good contingent lol. Too bad I didn't get to meet any of you guys, I've been battling the flu all day and got there late and headed out quickly after to get home. But I wasn't gonna miss it. It was a fun time.

THIS. Who was it? Also, DannyDanger you should have joined us we were a group of 5 or 6 gaffers

I definitely shouted out when whoever in the front row said Neogaf! A bunch of MiamiGAF met in the front of the theater afterwards and said hey to each other. My poor gf fell asleep though so I had to wake her up for the MKX
and Batman Gameplay.

You guys were great. The reaction to our shoutout made me feel good.

San Diego showing was fun. Two of my favorite moments were actually before the actual conference even started. When a trailer for KH 2.5 HD came on, everyone in the theater lost their shit thinking it was KH3 footage. "YEEEEAAAAAAA- AWWWWWWW!!!," followed by a collective laugh from everyone lol. And when the LBP3 popped up on the screen, everyone just went crazy, myself included. Did NOT see that one coming. Everyone was laughing along throughout the gameplay demo, and it was the most fun I think everyone had during the night lol. The third BIG reaction came from Uncharted 4. "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents," everyone is murmuring, "here it comes..." NAUGHTY DOG

soccer-fan-beer.gif

Even with a shitty PSN PSN PSN POWERS PSN PSN PSN middle section, the entire conference was amazing. Sony, PLEASE do this again next year. Was definitely worth the 40 minute drive and I'd definitely go again next year.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Had a good time with the ATL folks. Didn't join the line til late, then we got split up a bit during seating, sorry to the folks I only got to briefly meet & greet with.

Batman looked amaaaazing. Kinda surprised at some of the third party stuff they skipped mentioning. I know Mordor and CoD got prime showings at the MS presser and in a sense I can appreciate them not wanting to retread that ground, but they're big releases, they're worth rolling a 30 second clip of to say "And remember, we've got that too!"

Ah so that was you who was there after posting on the thread. Glad NEOGAF was out in full force.

Damn man, wish I had known you guys were meeting up afterwards. Even if it was for a sec. I showed up with no ticket or waiting confirmation. Was literally the last person to walk into that theater lol.(Had my phone shut off, just incase I wasn't able to get in so I could save battery and watch the conference while waiting outside for my friends. luckily this didn't happen, but I wasn't able to check the thread)

Also shoutouts to our theater not smelling like poo. We hygienic in soflo. Negative shoutouts to shitty bandwith/lagspikes though

EL CUCO

and Batman Gameplay.

Haha are you the guy that told me you have a horrible name and a horrible avatar? Lmao It aint that bad ;) I'm the dude that showed up last, outside

Yeah that was cool.

Saw the Columbus screening tonight. Overall I had fun, though the glitches in the stream were kind of annoying. Because of that I almost thought our stream was glitching at the end of the Batman vid before realizing it was intentional. I was able to catch a good seat near the middle, two seats away from a guy who was really enthusiastic about the Powers presentation.

Speaking of that part, does anyone know what was up with that commotion in the back? What were they arguing about?

San Diego showing was fun. Two of my favorite moments were actually before the actual conference even started. When a trailer for KH 2.5 HD came on, everyone in the theater lost their shit thinking it was KH3 footage. "YEEEEAAAAAAA- AWWWWWWW!!!," followed by a collective laugh from everyone lol. And when the LBP3 popped up on the screen, everyone just went crazy, myself included. Did NOT see that one coming. Everyone was laughing along throughout the gameplay demo, and it was the most fun I think everyone had during the night lol.

This also mirrors what happened in my theater. Everyone got excited by the KH footage until they saw the "Now in Development" line, causing a collective "Daaaw." The LBP3 footage also got a huge reaction out of everyone.

Joe T.

If they ever do this again, I'll consider going, and not just for whatever surprise they might come up with.

Same here, hoping this theater streaming catches on. I made it out to the Montreal showing with a good friend that would usually mock me for taking interest in these press conferences, but she was quickly converted and enjoyed it. I thought it was both a strong showing from Sony and a great audience.

Man, some of the people that went to this thing in Miami...

Luckily it seemed like the GAF guys/girls looked like people I would hang out with (from the few GAF cheers I saw). I didn't bother cheering. Too tired.

:(

geomon

I'm the guy that asked if the "reserved" seating was for NeoGAF ;)

And that would've been me and my girl telling you it was reserved. :) *waves*

Man, some of the people that went to this thing in Miami...

Luckily it seemed like the GAF guys/girls looked like people I would hang out with (from the few GAF cheers I saw). I didn't bother cheering. Too tired.

:(

Miami show was great. I hope they do it every year cause I'd definitely go every year.

GringoJB

So long story short drunk guy being drunk.

Thank you... came here to see if anyone had the scoop on this ;-) I was about halfway down seating-wise and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on! Being Columbus, it's just amazing that it wasn't somehow about college football, so that was a nice change.

But other than that, pretty cool experience!

Top Bottom