• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Websites that were super popular and relevant, then faded away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering the same for Aint It Cool News...
He's shit with money and all his good writers bailed the fuck out.

edit: not ALL. There's still a couple good ones there. But once the focus stopped being news/leaks/spoilers, all you had were shitpoor talkbacks and poorly written reviews, alongside whatever drooling mess of syllables and ellipses Harry coughed up.
Thanks!

Mine have been listed, but it feels like Cracked.com is starting that way. It's trying to be... I have no idea what it wants to be now. It was a humor site with an occasional piece that was pretty serious. Now, it's really schizo with male rape articles and things you never noticed in your favorite movie/video game/ etc.
Just one note, that's a misuse of "schizo". Very common recurring mistake to use "schizophrenic" as a synonym for inconsistent.

4 Psychological Terms That You're Using Incorrectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pK5FuptsSQ

Not debating that they're dead/irrelevant to most of us, but you guys wouldn't believe the traffic myspace still pulls. 40M monthly visits (I swear I saw that just a few weeks ago but I could be wrong). And Yahoo is one of the biggest places on the fucking planet. They wield sooo much power over the content you see. Not as much as Facebook and Reddit, but they are absolutely up there.

Who are these people still using myspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom