• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Palmer_v1

Its a joke cause burbeting never survives Night2, not even when he should. Theres no special in game effect, but you may have angered the gafia gods by allowing him to break the curse.

Also, don't be morons.

I'm thinking of role claiming today.

With the loss of our doctor/protector my role will never get get us information,

However! I'm thinking my death could help some people (like if we have a vigilante vs a serial killer.)

I'm an insomniac watcher, but I can only see people who visit me.

Because of a fairly obvious limitation in my role, it only works to find non-killing roles. So I was never going to say anything as I was just as likely to reveal town as scum. obviously I will see killing people, BUT if they kill me I can't say anything because I'll be dead. Since I can no longer be saved, I can at least help the VG stay away from me.

whyyyyyy

Guys. Don't claim unless it helps us find scum. And even in that case, be really sure it could help us find scum.

pleeeease

Sorian

Banned
Its a joke cause burbeting never survives Night2, not even when he should. Theres no special in game effect, but you may have angered the gafia gods by allowing him to break the curse.

Also, don't be morons.

Palmer upset that his Xeno game got interrupted.

CzarTim

I do not buy into the notion that GLT needed to be saved by his scum team, looking at the votes side-by-side:

x9oVWSx.png

GLT wasn't in any major danger and the number of votes on Style was overkill in comparison. I just think Style was an easier target to put a vote on.

Also I buy GLT's claim. I think scum would put more of a show into claiming to really sell it, not just casually mention it in a wall of text.

He has been dead weight though, but so have a lot of people.

CzarTim

I'm not going to speculate on kills yet, but I will say that if there is a 1-shot vig, you need to claim asap so we know. Even if you shot town. If you aren't 1-shot keep quiet.

Aside from voting patterns, which have been less than reliable this whole game, what is scummy about GLT? I'm honestly a bit more suspicious of how quickly people are trying to run a train in him today.

FluxWaveZ

That last GLT comment is heavy on the stream of consciousness, but I don't really get any strong scum vibes from him other than the "Not voting because I don't want to bandwagon!" comment.

Well, that and he's barely saying anything even though he's getting all this heat. We need to hear more from him before we decide he needs to go.

Fireblend

Banned
GLT: day 1 made a post about not wanting to bandwaggon Darryl during the voting, which came across as odd: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187170555&postcount=984

Only made one post on day 2, to defend himself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187592952&postcount=1379. He roleclaimed and provided a bunch of flawed justifications for him not being scum. It's a pretty poor defence, and he hasn't contributed at all aside from it.
With that trackrecord I don't like that we're most likely going to see a defenseless lynch again. In that sense I think Xam is a better target: He's at least as suspicious, and he's done a fair bit more of posting.

Also, I'm with the general sentiment that Zipped roleclaiming was a bad decision. Don't role claim guys.

I haven't had a chance to reread thru the thread, and I'm going to sleep. It'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Swamped

Banned
So Timeaisis is still definitely in the running for top scum for me. Most of his stances have been pretty wishy washy.

Rats said on D2 that he agreed with some of Time's points, but could still see himself voting for him. Not quite sure what to make of that. He says he's not very good at 'feeling out' type of discussions which is fine, but I do think that there was a lot of interesting behavior that happened on D1 and D2. I think his post regarding his vote for GLT D2 had some depth to it.

I dunno. I'm feeling iffy about Rats because it's kind of alarming how under the radar he is (other players fit this category too). But looking through his posts I'm not sure if I can conclusively say he's a wolf.

Here's a list of other blenders and why I'm currently not pursuing them.

MattyG is also an under-the-radar player (for me). But he said he can 'prove' he's town, I'm willing to trust him at this point
Zipped claimed a Village PR
StarSketch felt like frustrated villager yesterday
CzarTim is currently too difficult for me to read. His posts give off a town vibe I think. Besides, if he were scum he would have already played a few #unnecessarygambits
QuantunBro I have no clue lol, posts too little for me to make any sort of guess at his alignment.

GLT and Flux haven't chimed in after I voted them. I'll wait until they do before jumping around with my vote.

kingkitty

Updated Reads

Great Lord Tiger (and a little bit of Xam):
So in my Day 2 read, my belly slightly pushed him into the townie region. He eventually posted a reply, which included him admitting (at least how I read it) how his behavior could be seen as a bit hypocritical, when he said he wouldn't bandwagon against Darryl, but earlier was in a bandwagon against Ultron.

The first part of his defense for why he isn't scum wasn't very good in my opinion. It's basically how he voted at the same time as Terra in Day 1, and scum wouldn't mess up like that. It's a bit interesting he chooses to use that argument, when Cornburrito (the person he was voting against), also closely voted with Terra. Although Corn's vote was about a minute or so later.

And then he claims as Ordinary. I think it's probably best to role claim if it's the last day, and you have a good chance of getting lynched by the majority. As I recall, he wasn't under that immediate duress, and yet he decided to claim this role. Basically saying to mafia "hey concentrate your fire on someone else, i'm a powerless townie". It should be noted that claiming as Ordinary is a safe, easy role claim for mafia, but could also fall apart if they're ever tracked during the night.

His behavior smells like Xam, honestly. Like him, Xam has made questionable moves, that really look like inexperienced townies being inexperienced with the game. If either of them were mafia, you would think their more experienced scum bros would give them better pointers. At this moment, because of their mistakes, Xam and Great Lord Tiger are easy punching bags. If they're innocent, scum can jump on them and gain some brownie town points.

You could say "kingkitty, maybe they're acting this way on purpose." I mean, that could be true. One of them might be doing The Usual Suspects technique. But considering they're both new (I think), I'm gonna go with Occam's razor. They're just newbie townies that made bad moves for town, but not due to scumness. I would put Xam as lean townie. Great Lord Tiger will still be slightly townie for me....but probably less than Xam. Great Lord Tiger needs to post a bit more.

Zipped:
As I said in Day 2, I had some unfortunate belly vibes about Zipped. With him role claiming, that doesn't help alleviate those belly rumbles. Those are not the Tums that I need. He wasn't under duress. He can't even use the excuse of being a newbie. Now he made a judgement call that his role wouldn't be that useful. And so instead he outs himself early on in Day 3, just so he could avoid getting killed by the Vig.

I don't see how the role could have been useless. It was mentioned earlier that Zipped could have noticed a visit by someone who claimed as ordinary. Imagine if Great Lord Tiger was in fact scum, and despite role claiming as an ordinary, he ended up visiting Zipped with a non-killing ability.

Obviously, dying sucks before you can actually share your findings. And apparently, Zipped's findings wouldn't differentiate between innocent townie visits, and scum visits. But it's only Day 3, and Zipped just gave up on his role. It seems like Zipped took the easy path to avoid death. Was that the path that was most helpful for town? I don't think so.

To me, it smells a bit like scum trying to avoid death. First by pushing suspicion away from him by claiming a PR role, coming up with some sort of justification for why he needed to claim now (instead of under duress), and then trying to keep out of the aim of a possible Vig.

Of course, you might wonder. Is this the best timing for scum? Wouldn't scum wait a little latter to make such a claim? Did they feel like Zipped was on the chopping block for Day 3? Or maybe they feared the Vig, and didn't want to lose Zipped. But if he was so important, is this the best type of role they could create? I don't know. But for now, my belly is keeping Zipped on the scum vibe side.

CzarTim

If I were to vote for Zipp, it'd be for this post:
I'm going to reread day 1 and try to get a feel on who/why the dream wolf died. If it's a serial killer then it's a threat to town, if it's a VG then likely this murder wasn't telegraphed.
"Serial Killer" is the watchword for me, as scum tend to focus more on them than fake scum hunting.

His claim could just as easily be a scum role as well. Either way I'd like to wait a day or two before testing it.

Makai

I think Xam is more likely to be sleepwalker due to the somnambulism thing. But I agree his shtick is old.
Terrabyte could have mentioned it in the scum chat or he could outright be a second scum sleepwalker. Inconclusive.

He's been so ridiculous that I can't imagine him not being told to cut the shit by teammates, as kitty pointed out.
They couldn't exactly give him a definitive list of what not to do. I think he just blurts out what's on his mind. He asked for Zip's visitors minutes after Zipped's reveal. He's looking for night kill targets and he jumped on the opportunity to expose power roles without thinking.

CzarTim

Terrabyte could have mentioned it in the scum chat or he could outright be a second scum sleepwalker. Inconclusive.

They couldn't exactly give him a definitive list of what not to do. I think he just blurts out what's on his mind. He asked for Zip's visitors minutes after Zipped's reveal. He's looking for night kill targets and he jumped on the opportunity to expose power roles without thinking.

The rest of his team could be telling him to lean into the enthusiasm as an act.

Actually, I'd like to know what you two think of TB's vote on Xam, since you are implying they were on a team.

Timeaisis

I mean if you want to lynch me for one misinterpreted comment, that's your prerogative, but I'd like to think you guys would want something more concrete.

That being said, GLT is still where I'm at today. I voted for him yesterday, and until he posts again I'll continue with my vote on him.

Vote: GreatLord Tiger

Hah! Got the spacing right that time.

ultron87

I generally don't think Xam is scum. Mostly because of how that voting went. Just saying that arguments like "his team would've had him stop behaving in a way" are hurt by the fact that the scum all can see stuff like people posting "he's acting way too suspiciously to be scum!" (which has been said a lot about Xam) And thus wouldn't be encouraged to stop it.

Cmdmb.jpg

I know metagaming is a shitty thing to do, but I really can't escape how much Time is reminding me of his previous (scummy) self.

Token participation, not sticking his neck out, deflecting accusations. It feels like old times.

Timeaisis

"Wanting to start a bandwagon" was the quote, did you misread?
I didn't misread. I'm just saying my original post was misinterpreted as a wagon. Then I "forgot" I did that (because I never did it to begin with) and it's a huge gotcha to you guys. Some flaky logic, there.

I didn't want to start a bandwagon. I mean, I said Star might be our best bet and left it at that. If I wanted to start a wagon I probably wouldve voted for him, don't you think? What's the big gotcha here that I'm missing?

CzarTim

I mean if you want to lynch me for one misinterpreted comment, that's your prerogative, but I'd like to think you guys would want something more concrete.

That being said, GLT is still where I'm at today. I voted for him yesterday, and until he posts again I'll continue with my vote on him.

Vote: GreatLord Tiger

Hah! Got the spacing right that time.
Who would be your second choice and why?

Timeaisis

Who would be your second choice and why?

Batsnacks, but not really for anything concrete. But I could be reading his proactiveness as scumminess. He just seems to have strong opinions, jumps on voting, prods for votes, but still doesn't seem to have a huge presence in the actual game. Like he's trying to direct the game from the shadows without drawing too much attention to himself. But again, it's just a feeling.

Swamped

Banned
Batsnacks, but not really for anything concrete. But I could be reading his proactiveness as scumminess. He just seems to have strong opinions, jumps on voting, prods for votes, but still doesn't seem to have a huge presence in the actual game. Like he's trying to direct the game from the shadows without drawing too much attention to himself. But again, it's just a feeling.

Are there any particular narratives you think he's trying to push? Or just a general feeling on your part?

I personally am waiting for him to explain the Flux vote, let's see where that leads!

Timeaisis

Are there any particular narratives you think he's trying to push? Or just a general feeling on your part?

I personally am waiting for him to explain the Flux vote, let's see where that leads!

Just a general feeling. The flux vote is definitely a big factor. I'd like an explanation as well.

CzarTim

People I won't vote today (unless something comes up):

kingkitty - Kitty makes great posts and I always listen to what he has to say. Scum could make the same posts just as easily, so I am not 100% sold, but I'd be surprised if he flipped scum.

MattyG - solely due to his soft claim

CrimsonFist - After cabot, he's been one of the most consistent town reads for me.

Xamtheking - Maybe any individual reason for trusting him is flawed, but together I think it's unlikely he's scum.

ultron87 - Of the two sleepwalkers, I trust his claim the least, but I still doubt he's scum.

Burbeting - Has been doing good work.

Makai - I know I said I have trouble reading him, but there's been an air of frustration in mak's post that I can relate to, and that makes me think he's town.

batsnacks - My town read of bat fluctuates, but there are other people I'd flip before him.

Swamped - Like I said yesterday, it's hard to fully trust swamped, but I'm going to say probably town. I'll be double checking that she didn't tie my shoelaces together though ;)

CzarTim

Septimus Prime I'd like some reads from you please. Doesn't have to be everybody, just give me something. So far I see you are town reading GLT, but that's kind of it. Even your vote on Dave yesterday was more "let's see what happens." Who are you scum reading?

Top Bottom