• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your 'Must Have' PS Vita games?

Card Boy

Banned
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars
Persona 4 Golden (yeah you played this)
Danganronpa 1 + 2
Ys 7
Killzone Mercenary
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Tales of Hearts R
Rayman Origins + Legends
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Child of Light
Steins;Gate
Virtue Last Reward
Uncharted Fight for Fortune
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048
Dragon's Crown
Muramasa Rebirth
Toukiden Kiwami
Shovel Knight
Gravity Rush
Terraria
Minecraft

The Vita has a lot of good games and the lists you will find in this thread and others will be consistent because the games listed are very good.

I'm not a fan of Japanese games so my list is a bit different from whats been suggested.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Killzone: Mercenary
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Shovel Knight
Axiom Verge
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSOne Classic)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP)

Ravage

Atelier Arland trilogy (Rorona+/Totori+/Meruru+)
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Muramusa Rebirth
Steins;Gate
Hot Shot Golf 6
Velocity Ultra
Guacamelee

oggob

Fucking love this system, when you talk about must haves and then you get bombed with over 100 individual titles... Basically anything that has already been said...

Might start being easier to recommend what NOT to buy in the future.

redcrayon

Fucking love this system, when you talk about must haves and then you get bombed with over 100 individual titles... Basically anything that has already been said...

Might start being easier to recommend what NOT to buy in the future.
There's no accounting for taste, hundreds of games available and very little consensus outside of P4G. Maybe try setting up a poll instead? That would give you a more definitive thread top ten if that's what you want.

Freeman76

Really started getting into Soul Sacrifice, although i must admit I find it a bit tricky at times. Think I will grab freedom wars as well and then I have a great little collection to work through already.

For me:

Persona 4 Golden
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Steins;Gate
(soon) Steins;Gate 0

It's almost an adventure/visual novel machine lol. There's a few good action games and stuff but none I'd put in my must have pile.

depths20XX

Does Steins;Gate have any gameplay elements or is it just straight up reading?

I've thought about getting it but I usually like visual novels when they have other gameplay elements in there. i.e. Phoenix Wright, Danganronpa, 999.

Does Steins;Gate have any gameplay elements or is it just straight up reading?

I've thought about getting it but I usually like visual novels when they have other gameplay elements in there. i.e. Phoenix Wright, Dangonronpa, 999.

Straight up reading.

The story is amazing though and well worth it.

HotHamBoy

I disagree with a lot of these. Some are way too niche or of an acquired taste to be considered "must have."

But the subject is "your" must have, so opinions.

Shin-chan

For me:

Persona 4 Golden
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Steins;Gate
(soon) Steins;Gate 0

It's almost an adventure/visual novel machine lol. There's a few good action games and stuff but none I'd put in my must have pile.
Man you need to play Cold Steel! The best game that's entered my Vita.

Greddleok

Surprised at all the Freedom Wars comments. I played it for about 50 hours, and while it was fun (aside from a fucking slow start), the gameplay is extremely shallow.

Freeman76

I'm not a fan of Japanese games so my list is a bit different from whats been suggested.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Killzone: Mercenary
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Shovel Knight
Axiom Verge
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSOne Classic)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP)

First time I've seen the Batman game recommended by anyone, I thought that would be great and as a huge fan of the arkham games i almost bought it, was a shame to see it didnt review too well though so I avoided it until its on a big sale discount.

Top Bottom