• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What exclusives will Xbox One have in 2017?

Harms Way 2
Halo 6
Gears 5
Half-Life 3.5
Alan Wake 2
Elder Scrolls: High Rock
Battlefield 2143
Paradise Nova
Elympian Odyssey

MS is going in 2017 with a bang.

I trust my source.

Don't forget the two tent poles

call of remake 13 -- including nuketown again again edition featuring alien zombies with nano-machines

madden 2018 --- newish edition bringing back stuff they took away before and added back but took away more with microtractions for getting any decent player bonus +++ hype edition

Edit: changed madden from 17 to 18 even though they will be the exact same game. You will just have to pay to continue using it.

Lingitiz

Halo is on a 3 year cycle for main games, so don't expect 6 till 2018. I expect Gears or Halo Wars to get delayed to 2017.

Trago

Assuming there are no delays (lol), then the only games from their first party games we can expect are Forza 6, and that's it.

Microsoft's plan has been to reveal games that are coming soon rather than 3 years away(which is an entire development cycle for many devs) so we will hear more about them during 2016/2017 E3 and Gamescom. New ip, reboots, spinoffs, etc.

Not even sure why this is being asked

RowdyReverb

Halo Reach remastered is probably coming in 2016 or 2017.
Would they do that? It's tough to imagine there being a lot of demand for it, and it would feel comparatively dated after H5 has been out for a year. I'd love to play a 1080p60 Halo Reach, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Trago

I think it would be cool if Microsoft pursued more second party game deals in the vein of Recore and Scalebound.

Vico

It's a little early to think about that, although I do get where you're coming from. But you shouldn't forget Microsoft has been partnering with unexpected people lately, and it might very well continue -so who knows what they've in store?

Right now, though, I'm worried about Recore, more than anything. Supposed to be released in a few months, and we've seen nothing at all. Maybe this is because it's actually a much smaller game than what it seemed to be, though (which would be a bit disappointing to me honestly).

Montresor

You know what, fuck it. Microsoft buys Nintendo and goes into parternship with Valve. Don't forget partnership with Capcom for MvC4:

2017 Exclusives:

Halo Wars 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (w/ Steam cross-play)
Half Life 3
Portal 3 (w/ Steam cross-play)
Left 4 Dead 3 (w/ Steam cross-play)
Alan Wake Remastered
Fez 2
Recore

The Master Zelda Collection: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword all remastered in 1080p/60fps. 500 gamerscore and 500 achievements. Bluepoint is the developer

Zelda WiiU game cancelled and turned into Holiday 2017 XB1 title. 1080p 30fps (for better graphics)

Mario Kart 8 Remastered
Forza Horizon 3 (with Mario Kart vehicles)
Smash Bros 6 (with Microsoft versus Nintendo characters)

Sunset Overdrive 2
D4 Season 2

Silent Hills (with collaboration between Phil Spencer, Hideo Kojima, and Guiellermo Del Toro)

I think it would be cool if Microsoft pursued more second party game deals in the vein of Recore and Scalebound.

Im sure they will. Microsoft tends to work with Second parties a lot with Ip they own, both new ip and already established ip(Forza Horizon, Killer Instinct, Ori, Recore, and Scalebound). Microsoft seems to go with who they think can do the best job and its been working for them this generation.

Microsoft is filled with surprises when it comes to who they work with. I wouldnt doubt if we start to see more Rare Ip being developed with second party.

naitosan

Still too early to say beside many titles aren't even announced until E3 2016 or so. We don't even know what PS4 has in 2017.

I wouldn't worry myself.

paulogy

Code:
undef @2017exclusives;
for ($x = 0; $x < length.2016exclusives; $x++){
   ($game,$version) = split ($2016exclusives[$x],2);
   $2017exclusives[$x] = $game . $version+1;
}
print @2017exclusives;

;-)

I was secretly afraid someone would call me out on that. Star Wars, too. How about novels then?

I only mention it because I just some article talking about their unannounced titles that already have dates in 2020. That shit is just silly to me, but I guess with millions (or billions) on the line, it makes sense.

As for novels, I wish like hell they did do that, so I could stop being sad every time I discover that "yes, that book you liked is the first in a 10 books series which won't finish for 2 decades". I'd rather just know "Book 2 is due in 2018" or whatever.

ekim

Code:
undef @2016exclusives;
for ($x = 0; $x < length.2015exclusives; $x++){
   ($game,$version) = split ($2015exclusives[$x],2);
   $2016exclusives[$x] = $game . $version+1;
}
print @2016exclusives;

;-)

But he asked for 2017 exclusives. And what about Forza Motorsport? Your split method call is flawed. :p

Let me check:

0yhIdJA.png

Trup1aya

Cuphead is self-published afaik. MS just have a semi-exclusivity deal with them.

I agree with your post, though. You can add Forza Horizon (Playground Games) to the list as well.

It doesn't matter who publishes it...That's my point... It's coming out on MS platforms... Who cares about all the other stuff?...

Fair enough, but I did say there would be a dash of exclusives outside of the MS developed games as well, with a big 3rd party exclusive that would cause controversy. However, those are hard to pinpoint. What is a certainty for 2017, however, is Forza, Halo, and maybe something with the Fable property. Personally think it would be cool if 343 would create a new IP instead, the problem as I mentioned in my post is that it is almost a 100% guarantee it won't be anything but another Halo. I mean the name of the studio is based on a Halo character after all. That lack of surprise is a little disappointing. It would be one thing if 343 was the only MS studio set up that way but nearly all their top studios are dedicated to a particular franchise. Imagine the disappointment if Naughty Dog renamed themselves Drake's Studio and made semi annual Uncharted games forever. Sure other games from other studios would come out, but that is a big limitation on one of Sony's biggest talents.

I don't see this issue... 343i was built to make Halo games... People want Halo games, someone's gonna be making them... It might as well be people who specifically signed up to be on the Halo team...

The fact that MS' studios are tied to a franchise is irrelevant... They have studios outside of MS working on games for MS, and they are doing a good job... Why does it matter if MS owns those studios or not?

So no, there are few lsurprises as to what MS owned studios are doing... But they do commission other studios to work for them, and there usually isn't any controversy... Was their controversy around KI, Recore, Crackdown3, Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive? Nah just regular old announcements ms of unique games... And plenty of room for surprises.

Both PS4 and XBO will be hurdled into the sun and we will finally be saved from this terrible generation of boring games and sales wank.
PLEASE

Zubz

Banned
Battletoads? Maybe Killer Instinct, if you don't count the PC Port and they continue the game into Season 4 (I mean, we already know Kim Wu's back, and Tusk is 90% likely, so it'd all be new/guest characters from there, but...)?

If they're that desperate, they could try to follow-up on Minecraft, I guess, but it seems like a game they can just update overtime.

Shabad

Damn, this thread is an embarrassment... Sure the topic at hand is prone to go sideway -especially when it is presented like that- but I don't think I have read one single thoughtful answer on a topic that is indeed interesting - what could be brewing hidden inside Microsoft Studios and their partner

Most obvious, we have games that have already been announced that will get a 2017 release date. It is not something unheard of to unveil games two years before they are release, especially for Microsoft actually. Many 2016 titles are a prove of that - Scalebound and Crackdown 3 were unveiled at E3 2014 (along side Phantom Dust if memory serves right), and are scheduled for 2016, Quantum Break was announced at the same time as the console in May 2013... In the same fashion, Xbox One big 2015 title (aka Halo 5) was first announced back in 2013 . Sure when a new generation begin, you tend to present project a bit earlier than usual, but still... chances are some of the already announced title will end up with a 2017 release date. Good candidates for that would include Sea of Thieves, Crackdown, or even Scalebound if we are unlucky.

On the other side, we know they have internal teams, that are bound to have project. Based on their release calendar, it's fairly easy to estimate when their next title will be :
- Halo is on a yearly release, so we most likely will get some kind of Halo from 343 and an external partner like usual
- Turn 10 is a machine, we will get a Forza Motorsport 7 in 2017, this is a given.
- We know Lionhead has been working on a non-Fable game since 2014, so a 2017 release date is completely possible
- We know Undead Labs has been working Xbox One MMO zombie game for quite a while now, so that's another candidate

And last but not least, I am pretty sure Microsoft has some surprises for us, partnering with external teams.

Top Bottom