• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What I liked about Halo Infinite.

the_master

We already spoke lengthly about the graphics and the reveal, but past that. I can see many, many cool things that I am lookig forward to.

-Great acting. The pilot feels great and his relationship with the MC is very promising. I want to see much more of it.
-Back to a Halo ring, fuck yeah!
-Gigantic envionments and draw distance. The sense of scale was great. This was very important in the main trillogy.
-Wild life in the ring. Animals everywhere giving life.
-Grunt murdering. The first shots at the grunts reveal good damage reactions and the grunts voices are back. Very pleased about this.
-Combat dialog. The banished speak english again (or the aprolriate human language) so we can understand them. This makes the ai seem smarter and more interactive (they should have never made them ununderstandable)
-Warthog sounds really awesome compared to previous ones
-Warthog power slide seems to feel great
-Warthog air control. In that cool jump, the warthog seems stable but there is also a moment where player input seems to move it. I am all in for it, more control allows for more possibilities (I would give the vehicle some initial torque on a jump so you have to correct it, get some challnge) I hope we can also upgrade vehicles and that one of them is a small boost if you land flat :)
-weapon properties. Ot is cool to see the 3properties of eaxh weapon.
- the elites are back with the original armor. I hope they improve their energy shields.
- Brute drop pods. They lool cool and the fire feels very brutish and awesome.
-Damage reactions. One of the greatest thing was to see the brute being shot in the legs and stumble, breacking the charge. They also get interrupted when the helmet is destroyed. If the stumble is the only new adition, I will take it. I hope there are more damage reactions, interruptions and staggers. Also partial destruction would be really cool.
- Grapple hook. Opens up for more gameplay and more actions. I hope they would speed it up a bit and make some enemies come to you instead of you to them.
-New weapons. They are all welcome. Most of the new weapons seem cool.
-sprint and slide. I think they have great potential. I hope you can slide for longer and use it tactically.
-side clamber. We could see how the mc climbs a box that he hits sideways. This will make navigating the levels more pleasant and comfortable. Also more badass.
- Damage feedback. It is now very very vissible. When you hit an enemy, they have massive particles, they scream and move. This is excellent! Feeling the power is vital.
- enemy interactons. Seeing the brutes toss grunts at you is a good direction for npc on npc interaction. I hope they make them collaborate and interact much more!
-Picking and Tossing objects, at least this explosive barrels. It may add another layer to our strategy.
-Art direction. I think they are going where they should, away from the gritty realism and more towards Halo 3, where the game was at its best in a style that looks good decades later.
Clean HUD. I am very glad they went away from the halo 5 clutter. This one seems clean and functional. I hope they reduce the health recovery hexagons though.
-The brute vilain. Also love this guy how he talks, his voyce, his personality... Again excellent acting.

Even with all the disappointment of the reveal, I al really looking forward to this game. It can be a great one.
I hope we see much more soon.

Raekwon26

This is the least excited I've been for a Halo game, almost non-existent.

It usually wouldn't take much for me to get pumped to play Halo but with this one, I need to see a lot more for it to convince to even purchase it

Still got some hope though.

hyperbertha

All the simplistic minecraft structures makes me think they were really going for a more cartoony style, but their graphics engine only suits realism so it just didn't mix well and we get an unpleasant visual style. Maybe something that looks like Grounded could have turned it into something beautiful.

I like the name tbh. Much better than halo 6. I also understand Why they named it infinite. The game has an infinite budget.

Last edited:

INC

The memes are the best thing about it

But glad you're excited for it, hope it turns out how you expected and enjoy it

CAB_Life

I rewatched the showcase on YT and it honestly doesn’t look that terrible. There are sfx and reflection effects that are certainly next gen. That said, I’m not a Halo guy (sorry) so I’m still not interested in the game. Will maybe play it on Gamepass if I somehow exhaust all other options, which is highly unlikely.

Personally, I felt that Everwild was the game of the show for me. It actually tugged at my heartstrings, and I can’t remember the last game to have done that.

GymWolf

Great acting??

The dude was hilarious with that faster tha light mouth and cartoonish expressions...even more than craig tbh.

I saw AA titles with better digital acting tbh.

But to return on the things i liked, i suppose hit reaction and ragdoll were as good as the old halo games but i was still expecting a huge rework for the animations.

Grappling hook was nice but it looked slow as fuck, i dont know...

Last edited:
I like that it feels more like Combat Evolved than Halo 4 and 5 (mostly in terms of art direction and music).

"Halo" and "The Silent Cartographer" levels are peak Halo and that demo gave me similar vibes.

It also feels good to be back on a ring after so many years.

Graphics look like dog-shit. I could tolerate it if there wouldn't be any pop-in. This game definitely needs more time in the oven.

turtlepowa

Banned
What the hell is wrong with you? You are supposed to hate this game and only start threads on how bad Halo/343/Microsoft/Xbox/current gen support is.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
As bad as it looks, it's still my most anticipated launch title for either console.

Playing campaign in 2 player Co op is still going to be fun and hopefully their multiplayer suite is going to be impressive.

All the simplistic minecraft structures makes me think they were really going for a more cartoony style, but their graphics engine only suits realism so it just didn't mix well and we get an unpleasant visual style. Maybe something that looks like Grounded could have turned it into something beautiful.
I think they did it because it requires less work. That type of rock (basal or whatever it is), is so overused in games, imo. I think they simply require less effort and polygons to implement on a large scale and that's why they're there.

I've grown cynical, but goddamn if it isn't earned

Top Bottom