• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is a possible Microsoft answer to Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild?

FStubbs

Both of these two games have elevated open world adventures to new heights - the latter of which is singlehandedly selling Switches as fast as Nintendo can put them on the shelf. Both are first party exclusives. What could MS offer as a counter? Can they counter? What would be a good franchise for them to invest in to do this?

My thoughts would be a Fable revival, but I'm not sure who they'd get to make it.

crackdown
in any case i don't think they need an answer, that's not how software works

if it did where is anyone elses answer to sea of thieves, the question in itself just sounds ridiculous

Auctopus

Nintendo has had Zelda for decades, why does Microsoft need an answer now?

Why does this forum need it's 20th Horizon/Zelda combo thread?!

I am expecting to get destroyed for saying this, but if recore got a little bit more time put in to it I'd say it could have been something close

People saying Scalebound, when the game was not looking good.

The real answer is Crackdown 3. Open world game that's doing something different.

schaft0620

I think that this E3 is so very important, if Nintendo comes out with Metroid, Pokemon, Smash, new IPs, tons of indies, Animal Crossing and really hits a home run Microsoft is in trouble because Nintendo will carry their success into the holiday. Microsoft most likely won't have an answer to something like that.

flkraven

How has no one mentioned Sea of Thieves? Open world, borderline MMO. Looks gorgeous, has previewed great, probably out this year.

Top Bottom