• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best PC controller? *Not including default M&K

I swapped out my Xbox Elite Series 2 for a Gulikit KK3 Max. I really like it, it's my new daily driver. It has basically all the features for half the price, plus hall effect sticks. After two repairs of my Elite S2 I am done with the poor quality on them.

And it doesn't look overly gamer-y like the Flydigi controllers.

61JU2j-DOtL.jpg

StereoVsn

I like Dualsense but also have Xbox One controller handy as well. Oh and have one of 8bitdo controller, not the latest but the “Pro” version before that.

DanEON

Dualsense Edge
It has everything i need. Gyro, back buttons, mechanical stop triggers, and ofcourse, haptic feeback and adptive trigger for compatible games.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Xbox Series X controller. If anything it’s just as much a PC controller as an Xbox controller considering how well it just works.

I have the always green xbox series x controller, a gamesir t4 kaleid, a switch pro controller and a the ds5.

In order of preference\being hassle free on pc outside of steam games

Xbox controller, worse build quality than x360 controllers but the most hassle free by far on pc and i like the ergonomics
T4 kaleid best controller i have but it can have some problems with some games, hall effect sticks and triggers
Ds5, only use it on ps5, i hate symmetrical sticks and give 2 fucks about the useless gimmicks so it's usually the last choice on pc
Switch pro, super small and frail, not sure why people love it so much, probably kids with small hands or just going from ubershit joycons to a proper controller must be a huge relief
Xbox controllers are pure bliss. Either that or 8BitDo or PDP.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Xbox controllers are pure bliss. Either that or 8BitDo or PDP.
Their build quality is not as good as it was before, i had 2 of them, one has a fucked up stick and one has a fucked up trigger.

Also they are still a bit on the light side for me, but i like super heavy controllers.

I think gamesir is on the level of the other 2, they are cheaper but spec wise they are the same (sometimes even better because they also have hall effect triggers, not only sticks).

Last edited:
Their build quality is not as good as it was before, i had 2 of them, one has a fucked up stick and one has a fucked up trigger.

Also they are still a bit on the light side for me, but i like super heavy controllers.
I guess I dont use them enough for them to go bad quickly. I mainly use KB+M and very, very rarely use a controller.

I also have a PDP Xbox controller which I have a LONG time. Dropped it like 20 times etc, still not missing a beat. Its a good alternative and dirt cheap compared to the rest.

keefged4

I switch between a Gamesir T4 Kaleid, an 8Bitdo ultimate wirless and a dualsense. The T4 is the best out of the three when used in PS mode as it has the highest polling rate for everything, including gyro. Plus hall sticks. But honestly, I mainly use M&K over everything tbh

Garibaldi

Quite the collection. I've got a Winwing flight stick which I really like. Virpil was a bit out of my price range.
Aye they weren't cheap but I got a bunch of stuff (bases, extensions, pedals and control panels etc) in a sale so it was about 40% off. Still cost a ton like. I play a load of DCS so it was worth it

twilo99

That is legit the most ugly controller I have seen in modern times. I'm sure technically it's checking all the right boxes, but holy shit. It looks like Madcatz + all the gaming RGB shit. To each their own but, not for me even if it was given for free.

Aesthetics over function?

BossLackey

Gold Member
These days i prefer the 8bitdo ultimate wireless controller to anything else and I have most controllers. Xbox wireless dongle stinks and drops connections a lot in my experience.

My exact experience.

My only problem with the Ultimate is the bumpers on mine kind of stick for some reason 🤷‍♂️

favorite is still x360 w/ official wireless usb dongle
never had an issue after a decade or so--just plug n play for everything.

recently deep cleaned it and replaced the thumb stick pad thingies with replacements from zedlabz.com
not 1000% as good as originals, but very happy with the quality and would buy again.
cc5oiv5ftpu_de3f69e4-6624-4906-a7b6-5d93bed4f675_2048x.jpg

Ev1L AuRoN

I particularly prefer the Dual Sense, but with Sony not releasing a PC adapter that unlocks the advanced features wirelessly It's hard to vote for it, so, being objective, the Series Controller had the universal support and just works, so I'm voting for it.

Top Bottom