• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the biggest "holy crap!" moment you're expecting from E3?

I'm mainly cautiously optimistic about such a possible announcement, but I'm hoping that Euclideon's Unlimited Detail tech for gaming will be shown off with a fully-featured demo with animation, physics and lighting - it would be the perfect venue to knock socks off and draw eyeballs. Especially if it's coupled with Source 2 (which is possibly unlikely, but who knows), which could also be very possibly shown off at the same event. (Note: before anyone screams at me that UD is a scam/vaporware, Euclideon actually released Geoverse about a year ago (a UD software/middleware for geospacial companies), aka a commercial product that geospacial companies are actually using. So, yeah. They've probably gone straight back to developing UD for games full-time since then.)

tesla246

Nintendo to announce new hardware. (would be a negative ''holy crap'')

What i expect them to do:
Super mario 3D world ported to 3DS
New metroid for 3DS

A new Nintendo handheld. The Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance each only had a 3 year life cycle. The 3DS is already more than 3 years old.

EDIT: It it confirmed that Nintendo is going to get on stage this year?

Xbudz

Virtua Fighter 6
Shenmue 3
Halo 2 & Halo 5
Midtown Madness 4
Battletoads
Jet Set Radio 3
Mortal Kombat X
Lost Odyssey II
Eternal Champions' return

El-Suave

Shenmue 3 or The Last Guardian are the only "holy crap" announcements I can imagine, but I'm not expecting those. The stuff I do expect will get a "nice one" reaction from me at best. In other words - I'm not expecting too much from this E3.

Top Bottom