• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

BraXzy

ABr9j08.png

they posted update #4 yesterday for anyone who missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0Kr7HDy1M

They're going to a Switch event on the 26th, I believe to get a proper unit to test in their prototypes before finalising stuff.

Is there anywhere in the UK selling this case?

PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case-937x1024.jpg

Can't find it anywhere. Don't know what it's called though so that probably doesn't help the search!

It's called "Nintendo Switch Premium Console Case" by PDP. I didn't see it listed at Amazon UK, but I suppose you could always import from Amazon US. Pretty cheap at $15 USD.

Lgndryhr

I am going to take a wait and see on a case. I might snag an official nintendo one at midnight launch if they have any. Otherwise, I will wait for hands on impressions, reviews, etc.

jax

Banned
Got my deep pocket jeans the other day. They're amazing. I fit an iPad mini in there with no issue, so the Switch will fit perfect. No screen protector, Going caseless too. I'll just buy another Switch if this one breaks.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Got my deep pocket jeans the other day. They're amazing. I fit an iPad mini in there with no issue, so the Switch will fit perfect. No screen protector, Going caseless too. I'll just buy another Switch if this one breaks.

please post a picture

that sounds ridiculous

Vitacat

I predict $300 tears in the future. But, good luck, and post pics.

Fireblend

Banned
If this isn't a joke post we need pics.

jax

Banned
everyone will have a Switch next friday

post a pic of these jeans

If this isn't a joke post we need pics.

I predict $300 tears in the future. But, good luck, and post pics.

Alright here they are. Note: These arent the skinny jeans they sell, these are the ones that were on sale I got just for testing, so they're super comfy even when sitting/crouching with the iPad in there. Normally I wear tighter fit jeans but these ain't too bad. 👖

This is with a phone, iPad mini and 3DS
Sitting w/iPad (the Switch is like 75% the size so I doubt it'll be nearly as bulky.)

Definitely planning on ordering at least two more pair. These are the jeans Mario must wear when he busts out a Switch and starts playing. Excuse the cat fur lol.

Basically they're just normal jeans with big ass pockets. Lol

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Alright here they are. Note: These arent the skinny jeans they sell, these are the ones that were on sale I got just for testing, so they're super comfy even when sitting/crouching with the iPad in there. Normally I wear tighter fit jeans but these ain't too bad. 👖

This is with a phone, iPad mini and 3DS

Sitting w/iPad (the Switch is like 75% the size so I doubt it'll be nearly as bulky.)

Definitely planning on ordering at least two more pair. These are the jeans Mario must wear when he busts out a Switch and starts playing. Excuse the cat fur lol.

Basically they're just normal jeans with big ass pockets. Lol

I expected Jnco. Those are just regular jeans. Who makes them?

I'm getting the 29.99$ Zelda starter case. Case, screen protectors, and can store game cards.

I wonder if Nintendo is stealth judging the market by how much of the user base is using the Switch as a portable by the amount of cases sold.

_h8bit

Banned
Yeah the interior of this backpack is.. yikes.

If the $14 PDP case wasn't sold out until *looks up on amazon*.. May.. then I'd get that one instead but I don't feel great about bringing this thing around without some sort of protection. Guess I'm sticking with the backpack 😑

Exquisik

Fireblend

Banned
I have a PDP case like the one above this post preordered, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. It doesn't look very sturdy and I don't like how the unit doesn't look as cushioned and snug as in the Hori or official Nintendo case, for example. The zipper's "teeth" are also very exposed and not shielded from where the Switch is supposed to go.

Vitacat

I have a PDP case like the one above this post preordered, but I'm kinda having second thoughts. It doesn't look very sturdy and I don't like how the unit doesn't look as cushioned and snug as in the Hori or official Nintendo case, for example. The zipper's "teeth" are also very exposed and not shielded from where the Switch is supposed to go.
Hmm... well if it's not good I'll maybe return it and get the Hori. I was planning to get the Hori at some point anyway.

Top Bottom