• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

jorgejjvr

I'm going to be getting this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-nintendo-switch-starter-kit-links-tunic-edition/5721101.p?skuId=5721101

5721101_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

5721101cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

5721101cv13d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642
I got this as well

Has a lot of things!

DMONKUMA

This was one of the ones I originally looked at and liked. My only problem is that I'm not too fond of the front design(it's nice still and better than some others but something throws me off about it) and I wouldn't use the screen protector that comes with it. I'd used a Hori one or just get tempered glass.

Overall tho it provides everything(even earbudsand rubber grips)you need and the interior is nice. I'm still decide between something like this or the RDS case.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Alright here they are. Note: These arent the skinny jeans they sell, these are the ones that were on sale I got just for testing, so they're super comfy even when sitting/crouching with the iPad in there. Normally I wear tighter fit jeans but these ain't too bad. ��

This is with a phone, iPad mini and 3DS

KOmuNQY.jpg

Sitting w/iPad (the Switch is like 75% the size so I doubt it'll be nearly as bulky.)

Definitely planning on ordering at least two more pair. These are the jeans Mario must wear when he busts out a Switch and starts playing. Excuse the cat fur lol.

Basically they're just normal jeans with big ass pockets. Lol

You do you, but that is awful to me. You also seem to forget that the Switch has analog sticks that will be poking up.

Crayon

Got a case coming. From hori, I think. I don't think it will leave the house but if it does, I'll be prepared.

jax

Banned
You do you, but that is awful to me. You also seem to forget that the Switch has analog sticks that will be poking up.

I plan on having the Joy-Con detached and in the other mini pocket

People also said this about the Vita and it wasn't a big deal

CRA5H

Watched a few videos of the regular case unboxing. I like the slim look of it a lot. Seems mildly sturdy. I wonder how thick the Hori thick case is compared to this though.

There's been some unboxings of the official case now, here's GameXplain's. It looks pretty nice, think I'm considering it now.

I think he put the Switch in wrong. I think the Switch is supposed to go on top of the flap, that way it gives some space for the Joycons depth on the side. Man, I'm kind of worried about the Switch slipping out of that thing when you open it.

BraXzy

Can someone with an early switch please try and get hold of some of these cases and screen protectors and give us some impressions. Also can anyone link me to a vid of the official one in use?

I ended up going with the Hori tough case. Mostly because I use the Hori case for my 3ds and throw it into my backpack. No problems with that so far.

deadfolk

I think he put the Switch in wrong. I think the Switch is supposed to go on top of the flap, that way it gives some space for the Joycons depth on the side. Man, I'm kind of worried about the Switch slipping out of that thing when you open it.

Been wondering about that myself. I don't like the idea of that pouch rubbing on the screen every time you open or close the case. I'd like to see if it's possible to do it with the pouch under the Switch.

Isn't there an official licensed one that comes with a screen protector as well?

Seemed pretty good.

Design was simple with no obscene graphics or other nonsense on it.

Edit: This one

5731701_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Seik

Banned
Bought the PDP one on amazon yesterday, it's my style of pouch, clean and simple.

PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case-937x1024.jpg

I'm a bit upset though, it doesn't look very large and I wonder if it fits the whole thing with the joycons attached or just the screen, I really hope its the former.

Bought the PDP one on amazon yesterday, it's my style of pouch, clean and simple.

I'm a bit upset though, it doesn't look very large and I wonder if it fits the whole thing with the joycons attached or just the screen, I really hope its the former.
I ordered the same one. Pictures show the Switch plus joycon. Does your order have a delivery date yet? Mine still says undetermined.

I grabbed the 9.99 one from amazon just for travelling and a hori screen protector, the 10$ one, not sure why one is 20$ maybe slightly thicker plastic.

MutFox

Banned
Want something tough, at minimum leather.
Gonna take the Switch to Japan in April.

Want to be able to chuck it in a bag,
and not worry about it being crushed.

tiijj

Want something tough, at minimum leather.
Gonna take the Switch to Japan in April.

Want to be able to chuck it in a bag,
and not worry about it being crushed.

I don't think there's any leather case for the switch right now, waterfield's making one made of nylon (or something) with a leather flap.

You're better off getting those heavily padded ones like RDS Traveler Deluxe Case like this

Coffinhal

I might get this one too since I need someone that will fit in my bag. Those hard cases seem to be soooo thick

Here's the inside look like.

mAB3NVP.jpg

I'm torn between this and the official one. I like how this holds more games and how it holds the Switch inside the net so it won't fall out easily, but it doesn't look like it has space for the wrist strap attachments like the official case does.

MutFox

Banned
I don't think there's any leather case for the switch right now, waterfield's making one made of nylon (or something) with a leather flap.

You're better off getting those heavily padded ones like RDS Traveler Deluxe Case like this

Cool, thanks for the idea.

I'll probably wait until late March or early April to buy.
(hopefully more options in the market)
In no rush. :p

Already ordered the official case. But this one is just too "Nintendo" to pass up:

91Z6Qjpj7fL._SL1500_.jpg

I also have the official one preordered, but this is the first case that has me questioning switching over to.

Love the Mario iconography and the coin zipper handle. Looks great inside and outside.

But no screen protector or kickstand like the official one... hmmm.

Has PDP been doing officially licensed accessories for a while? I remember reading in this thread or another people saying they don't make quality products, and one said PDP stands for "Please Don't Purchase", haha... anyone has experience with their cases?

Still no delivery estimate on my Surge case, hopefully it'll get here alongside the switch on the 3rd, though I won't need it until the monday after

Whew just got confirmation, should be here by the 3rd, woohoo!

I also have the official one preordered, but this is the first case that has me questioning switching over to.

Love the Mario iconography and the coin zipper handle. Looks great inside and outside.

Has PDP been doing officially licensed accessories for a while? I remember reading in this thread or another people saying they don't make quality products, and one said PDP stands for "Please Don't Purchase", haha... anyone has experience with their cases?

I have to think the stand is pointless since the Switch has it's own stand. The screen protector doesn't mean much since I'm tossing it aside in favor of buying a much better Hori screen protector. The only problem is there doesn't seem to be a place to hold the Joycon wrist strap attachments like the official case.

Vitacat

That Mario version is what I ordered. Love the style, and I actually don't want an obvious Switch logo on my case that clearly says what's inside. Also really like that it has 14 cart slots. I will never need to carry around more than 14 games at once, but I do want the ability to carry more than the 5 or so that some other cases are offering.

Now, one thing worth mentioning -- this case design is not as protective as the harder shell cases, like the RDS or Hori, or even the more robust PDP ones. So, I may buy the Hori tough as well at some point for trips where I want maximum protection from bumps and knocks.

As for PDP, I believe they got a bad rep for controllers. Cases should be fine.

PS: I had no idea I made 2 replies. That was an accident. Sorry -- mods please delete the first one.

Zedark

Damn, it seems like the PDP special edition console cases have been delayed in Europe (or just in the Netherlands?). I pre ordered it at two different retailers, and both emailed me saying it has been delayed until further notice.
Really disappointing, I wanted that Zelda case, but I am not able to just wait months for it to come out and to meanwhile have no case at all :(

Is there something like a cheap, <= &#8364;10 case that could work as a temporary solution?

Vitacat

Damn, it seems like the PDP special edition console cases have been delayed in Europe (or just in the Netherlands?). I pre ordered it at two different retailers, and both emailed me saying it has been delayed until further notice.

Really disappointing, I wanted that Zelda case, but I am not able to just wait months for it to come out and to meanwhile have no case at all :(

Is there something like a cheap, <= €10 case that could work as a temporary solution?

Check your region's Amazon and see if they have this one available:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N13YIQJ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom