• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with Corgis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lo058dWaJt1qi63mr.gif

tumblr_lo058p9XAn1qi63mr.gif

Dawww

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Fidgit has been a wonderful dog and I'm very happy to have a corgi in my life. He's named after Kenny Baker's character in Time Bandits. I figured a British dwarf dog should be named after a British movie starring dwarves.

Neo_Fidgit1.jpg

Just a few weeks old.

Neo_Fidgit3.jpg

The day HE came home.

Neo_Fidgit4.jpg

He still sleeps like this occasionally.

Neo_Fidgit5.jpg

Fidgit tried herding my roommate right away.

Neo_Fidgit6.jpg

He's never camera shy.

Neo_Fidgit7.jpg

One of his first encounters with Dug.

Neo_Fidgit2.jpg

Last week on his 1st birthday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So when do their ears evolve from floppy to bunny?

It depends. Usually within the first few months. Depending on the size of the ears, some dogs benefit from literally taping them upwards. I got my Corgi at ~12 weeks and they were already up.

Also, as a Corgi owner, let me just say its pretty much an inside joke among Corgi owners that we all laugh at people who actually name their Corgis "Ein."

The Boat

Also, as a Corgi owner, let me just say its pretty much an inside joke among Corgi owners that we all laugh at people who actually name their Corgis "Ein."
Who cares, it's a cool name that actually has meaning for some people. If I had a Corgi I don't know if I'd resist calling them that.

It depends on the time of year. You pretty much NEED one of those shedding brushes to have a Corgi. They fucking shedshedshedshedshed. Washing depends on how fast they get gross. But you do need to take care to keep their bunny-butts clean or they'll have poop stuck to it.

Oh man I thought that was just my dog being weird. Thank god I'm not alone in this hahaha

I've owned six corgis so far (3 pembrokes and 3 cardigans) and they are by far my favorite breed of dogs.

So fucking lovable and funny.

8227_819683081428_686757_n.jpg

My babygirl when she was young.

37661_935198971658_5719016_n.jpg

My sister's pembroke.

They seriously seem to be fine in the most uncomfortable looking positions.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Love Corgis! Here's mine - she's a Corgi X Kelpie ( we think...) not sure as she's a rescue dog. Totally hilarious and adorable.

jbewIgpocYEZKW.jpg

Loxley

My girlfriend loves Corgis to death. Well, she loves all animals to death, but especially dogs and *especially* Corgis. She says it's because that even when they're fully grown they look like puppies.

Speaking of which, there is no breed of dog on earth that can out-cute the Welsh Corgi puppy.

vROsTTm.jpg

She's just waiting for the both of us to have stable work so we can afford to have dog. A Corgi will definitely be our first priority.

I've probably said this before but under no circumstance do I ever want a dog. I would totally get a corgi without hesitation if I had the money. That's how bad I want one.

Love corgis, and I miss ours terrible. He would herd our kids when they were running around outside. He actually took out our daughter when she was younger. So funny.

His name was Max. He passed away on Christmas Eve after developing a type of anemia. He was 4.

Might try to post some pics soon.

Sorry to bring down the thread. We need more happy corgi gifs!

We've had Zoey for about a year now, and she's convinced me and my wife that we'll only ever have Corgis for now on she has been that awesome. I will admit the shedding does suck but it's a small nuisance compared to everything else.

Now for some pictures:

Her sleeping the first day we got her.
4HLrPiXl.jpg

Cooling her stomach on the tile.
EFvtzdPl.jpg

Her passed out on the couch. She hates the camera so this is the easiest time to catch a nice focused shot of her.
5mbS0Hbl.jpg

By far my favorite picture of her.
XMkjGKsl.jpg

I dislike Corgis. A neighbor of mine was running away from gangsters and let one in my care for a week, he didn't make it. (the entire neighborhood hated that Dog, so I'm pretty sure someone kill it)

so how do yall get your corgies on the bed? steps?

And would it be weird to name a corgi, corgi? It's just a word i'd love to say as many times as i can. so therapeutic.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I dislike Corgis. A neighbor of mine was running away from gangsters and let one in my care for a week, he didn't make it. (the entire neighborhood hated that Dog, so I'm pretty sure someone kill it)

What the fuck?

And obviously there are bound to be some bad eggs, especially if you don't properly train your dog and/or treat it right. Doesn't mean the entire breed is bad.

Darksol

The smartest dog I ever had was an Australian Shepherd. My girlfriend wants a corgi. I think this would be a pleasant compromise:

AugiAussieCorgiHybridTroyPuppy.JPG

so how do yall get your corgies on the bed? steps?

And would it be weird to name a corgi, corgi? It's just a word i'd love to say as many times as i can. so therapeutic.

My corgi can jump really high. If I had the money to train her she'd be an amazing agility dog.

My sister's fatso, on the other hand, requires steps or a helping hand. He can get the front legs on the bed/couch but you need to grab the butt and pull him up or he'll just fall back down.

As for the name, you could just make "corgi" one of its nicknames? My dogs respond to a million little nicknames and variations on their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom