• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's ReCore?

Leflus

Yeah I don't know about that.
I don't know either, to be honest...

The complete radio silence on Recore compared to the updates (big or small) we've gotten on Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and Scalebound tells me that it might not be far into development.

Can someone decode this?
Or is it just trolling?
Recore launching within 1.5 years = revealed too early?

So it's considered "trolling" when I am sharing my frustrations with Microsoft this gen since they cancel games I want to play like Phantom Dust? Nice.

Looking forward to watching its gameplay reveal at E3 2018.

OK I just read all the Shinobi messages, that sounds damn good. I didn't know this info was out in the open. There's no reason for it not to be at E3. Some updates earlier this year wouldn't have hurt though.

Microsoft announced the game too early. Surprising I know
OK I just read all the Shinobi messages, that sounds damn good. I didn't know this info was out in the open. There's no reason for it not to be at E3. Some updates earlier this year wouldn't have hurt though.

Wait, what did Shinobi say?

blakep267

Which ones would those be? Because I can't remember a whole lot. I just really want this game to happen, because I really really loved that trailer. But silence is never really a good thing. But let's wait and see if it's at E3. Perhaps they open the show with it. :)

Sunset OD- CG at E3 2013, Full Reveal at E3 2014 release in October 2014

ROTTR- CG in 2014. Full reveal in 2015 and release in November 2015( not a first part game but follows what they do)

Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6- both revealed & released in same year as each other

Gears 4- demo reveal at E3 2015. Releasing in Oct 2016. Remaster released in same year

Rare replay- both in 2015

Halo- CG at E3 2013. MCC in 2014 & H5 in 2015

Ori- shown in 2014. Released in March 2015

There are delays

QB- shown in 2013, 2014 & 2015. Released in 2016

Crackdown- CG 2014. MP bets scheduled for 2016. No word on full release

Scalebound- CG in 2014. Releasing in 2017

Fabke and PD cancelled

So for the most part it's almost a toss up if Recore doesn't release this year but it's not definite either way. Besides Forza games and remasters, they don't really do the whole announce a game the same year it releases

So it's considered "trolling" when I am sharing my frustrations with Microsoft this gen since they cancel games I want to play like Phantom Dust? Nice.
You're trolling because you said EVERY game gets cancelled then listed only two that have (Fable Legends & Phantom Dust). Sorry, but that's trolling, or at the very least being ignorant.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No, but the rest of the stuff you said certainly was.
Maybe they want to shift to have some of their games be announced at E3 and released the same holiday season. I kinda miss that, most of everyone these days reveal games 2/3/4 years out and I don't blame them, increasing budgets need more hype and pre-orders. But it's so awesome and refreshing to see something like Fallout 4 and Forza Horizon 2 at E3 and be able to get it in store in the Fall.

Chris1

Sunset OD- CG at E3 2013, Full Reveal at E3 2014 release in October 2014

ROTTR- CG in 2014. Full reveal in 2015 and release in November 2015( not a first part game but follows what they do)

Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6- both revealed & released in same year as each other

Gears 4- demo reveal at E3 2015. Releasing in Oct 2016. Remaster released in same year

Halo- CG at E3 2013. MCC in 2014 & H5 in 2015

Ori- shown in 2014. Released in March 2015

There are delays

QB- shown in 2013, 2014 & 2015. Released in 2016

Crackdown- CG 2014. MP bets scheduled for 2016. No word on full release

Scalebound- CG in 2014. Releasing in 2017

Fabke and PD cancelled

So for the most part it's almost a toss up if Recore releases this year but it's not definite
To be fair Ori is a smaller game, forza horizon doesn't really count since it's annual & mcc is a remaster.

Gears 4 and TR are good examples though.

Microsoft announced the game too early. Surprising I know

Wait, what did Shinobi say?

Shinobi saying it's not a small game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187718358&postcount=1007

Shinobi saying it's a 3D action adventure game with a garage to customize:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202622685&postcount=354

Shinobi saying it's not releasing in spring 2 months before MS announced it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183884183&postcount=103

Shinobi saying there's quests, find robot dudes, RPG and customization elements, melee and shooting combat:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191396651&postcount=158

That's all I can find from what Shinobi has said, but what he's said sounds amazing to me.

To be fair, Sunset and Tomb Raider were only published by Microsoft and both Insomiac and Square retain full access to those IPs respectively. Halo, Gears, and Forza are also top priority for Microsoft. Still you can't ignore how MS majorly mismanaged Lionhead and the Phantom Dust guys. Not to mention they turned Black Tusk into a Gears factory.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scalebound ends up being mismanaged as well. The footage at Gamescom looked extremely rough, was delayed to 2017 back in January, and the general premise of an open world action RPG sounds generic and reeks of MS trying to ape games like the Witcher. Plus I think the protagonist was suppose to be a girl before it was changed to an adult white-guy.

ReCore though I have no clue. Three studios have their hands on the project and neither Armature nor Comcept have really proven themselves. That plus MS's history of mishandling projects like this comes across as a case of too many cooks. It's all speculation but I see it very much going that way.

Montresor

Shinobi saying it's not a small game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187718358&postcount=1007

Shinobi saying it's a 3D action adventure game with a garage to customize:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202622685&postcount=354

Shinobi saying it's not releasing in spring 2 months before MS announced it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183884183&postcount=103

Shinobi saying there's quests, find robot dudes, RPG and customization elements, melee and shooting combat:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191396651&postcount=158

That's all I can find from what Shinobi has said, but what he's said sounds amazing to me.

With a female character as the lead as well. I love that Shinobi is giving me huge reasons to get hyped for Recore. :)

Kasper

I really hope Recore turns out well. From the trailer and what Shinobi has mentioned here and there it sounds like my kind of game. With that and Sea of Thieves on the horizon I'm starting to once again contemplate actually buying an Xbox One.

Damn, that list was bigger than I expected. But yeah, this is indeed nothing really out of the ordinary for MS. With the only exception being that a lot of those games have been revealed before their E3 gameplay. SO for example was fully shown before E3.

It really wouldn't have hurt Recore's devs if they had shown a screenshot or two or a update on the development. I just don't like silence. And look at Shinobi's info, why didn't MS or the devs let us know that?

No, but the rest of the stuff you said certainly was.

Maybe they want to shift to have some of their games be announced at E3 and released the same holiday season. I kinda miss that, most of everyone these days reveal games 2/3/4 years out and I don't blame them, increasing budgets need more hype and pre-orders. But it's so awesome and refreshing to see something like Fallout 4 and Forza Horizon 2 at E3 and be able to get it in store in the Fall.

Yeah I love that as well. When Bethesda announced the November release date during E3 I just went nuts in front of my PC, haha. Hope it happens a lot more in the future.

I really hope Recore turns out well. From the trailer and what Shinobi has mentioned here and there it sounds like my kind of game. With that and Sea of Thieves on the horizon I'm starting to once again contemplate actually buying an Xbox One.
I can't say much for record becuz the trailer did nothing for me but sea of thieves gave me at least a small general idea of what to expect and a online pirate game is just what the doctor ordered

Oh cool, hadn't seen those shinobi posts. Didn't know this was an open world rpg. I hope the gameplay footage doesn't disappoint. Scalebound's was a bit underwhelming, but I'm still excited for it.

Jawmuncher

Don't know why people are getting mad at those wondering where the game is. MS themselves said it was coming the first half of 2016. Doubtful it comes out this month or next with no marketing. That's not really the sort of release you can pull with a new IP.

Chris1

Don't know why people are getting mad at those wondering where the game is. MS themselves said it was coming the first half of 2016. Doubtful it comes out this month or next with no marketing. That's not really the sort of release you can pull with a new IP.

They delayed it to just 2016 like 5 month ago lol

Granjinha

To be fair, Sunset and Tomb Raider were only published by Microsoft and both Insomiac and Square retain full access to those IPs respectively. Halo, Gears, and Forza are also top priority for Microsoft. Still you can't ignore how MS majorly mismanaged Lionhead and the Phantom Dust guys. Not to mention they turned Black Tusk into a Gears factory.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scalebound ends up being mismanaged as well. The footage at Gamescom looked extremely rough, was delayed to 2017 back in January, and the general premise of an open world action RPG sounds generic and reeks of MS trying to ape games like the Witcher. Plus I think the protagonist was suppose to be a girl before it was changed to an adult white-guy.

ReCore though I have no clue. Three studios have their hands on the project and neither Armature nor Comcept have really proven themselves. That plus MS's history of mishandling projects like this comes across as a case of too many cooks. It's all speculation but I see it very much going that way.

What's 'to be fair' about Sunset? That's a prime example of they actually doing something right. They did a marketing push, created a new IP with a proven studio, funded the entire stuff, gave them all the support they could ask for (i think, as i didn't see Insomniac criticizing MS) and let them have IP ownership.

Scalebound is another example. They actually delayed the game for polish, i imagine, and that's bad, now? The concept also came from Kamiya, not MS. It's a dream game he had for a long time. Nothing 'reeks' of MS trying to ape The Witcher. Maybe the protagonist change? But ReCore's one is a woman, so..?

Not going against the notion that MS mismanages some studios and IP's, but pretty much your entire post is built upon negative speculation. It honestly sounds like you want the games to fail. Which is nothing new here on NeoGAF, too.

AerialAir

Banned
If they show a nice gameplay at E3, enough to give us a proper impression, I really don't mind having to wait longer. But please let it not be a no show.

Yeah that worries me as well. It's Concept and Armature, wasn't it?

Yes, that is correct, and as far as I know, Armature have being putting out well developed (ported) games, but Comcept is a bit unstable with their output.

This thread man. Wow.

I think we will see it at E3. Armature is only made of 30 people which is rather small for this type of game. I am really curious as to whats going on with this game.

Joseph Staten is writing the story as well. I am sure they could create a great game. Just wondering whats going on.

MS should probably let Gears 4, Crackdown 3, and Halo Wars 2 release this holiday and push Recore into a not so busy month. Generate some hype. I dont think having another Tomb Raider or Sunset seller is a good idea.

Speely

Banned
It's possible that the game's being kept quiet to give it some E3 teeth. Given the potential for the premise to be a pretty interesting one, I think it would make sense to bottle the info up and dump it at E3 rather than sputter out regular info during the meat of the dev process. A Fall or holiday release after could sell some Boxes, conceivably.

The concept seems pretty cool and I hope it's a super fun open world scavenger-techie-build-bots action game. I could get behind that verily.

I am reading the silence on this one not as a lack of developmental progress/dedication and more as not revealing what you don't have to, especially as a publisher that is known to specifically target specific seasons with nuclear force. An announcement is one thing, but a proper reveal is potentially a powerful thing, and the momentum from it can certainly translate into release hype. I'ma go on the record and say that is exactly what MS is doing with ReCore and that it will have a big E3 reveal and big Fall push (with a release within that timeframe.)

I will gladly eat crow if that's not the case. I don't even own an XBone and have no reason to want this other than liking competition and seeing publishers keep each other on their toes. ReCore will probably be a good game.

Vaporware.

Come on now, let's not go there. If E3 happens and we still get nothing and neither at GC, then I think we can start worrying. It's been a full year since its CGI reveal, it's perfectly possible that they show the game at E3 now. I'm not gonna deny that it's all very uncertain at this point, hell not even Inafune's own game is out. Been delayed to death by now.

maxcriden

ReCore was never 2016 just like Zelda was never 2015.

I don't think there's any evidence that this is true of Zelda. At the end of 2014, game footage was shown (which can't be said of Recore) and Aonuma publicly made his intention and even certainty clear that the game would be release in 2015. Something clearly changed in development, but at that point there's no reason to believe they didn't intend to release the game in 2015.

AP90

As others have mentioned, I bet we will find out more at E3.

On a side note, wonder where I can pick up one of those cool shirts =D

Top Bottom