• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's ReCore?

Shiggy

I don't think there's any evidence that this is true of Zelda. At the end of 2014, game footage was shown (which can't be said of Recore) and Aonuma publicly made his intention and even certainty clear that the game would be release in 2015. Something clearly changed in development, but at that point there's no reason to believe they didn't intend to release the game in 2015.

What changed was that the Wii U underperformed even Nintendo's lowest expectations, making it necessary to delay the game for a simultaneous release on NX.

I wish they would come out and say we can expect Recore at E3. But i guess the same could be said about several other announced games where they haven't show anything from yet.

Nzyme32

Quite a few of the the things from the Xbox E3 2015 showing have not shown anything since other than what was shown then. In that sense it has been kind of pointless to show them off at all

This is especially true with Recore, which was given a CG trailer that doesn't do anything other than given the slightest idea of setting and character / mechanics.

Of course, this isn't only true to Xbox

I don't think there's any evidence that this is true of Zelda. At the end of 2014, game footage was shown (which can't be said of Recore) and Aonuma publicly made his intention and even certainty clear that the game would be release in 2015. Something clearly changed in development, but at that point there's no reason to believe they didn't intend to release the game in 2015.
Stay golden Ponyboy

Quite a few of the the things from the Xbox E3 2015 showing have not shown anything since other than what was shown then. In that sense it has been kind of pointless to show them off at all

This is especially true with Recore, which was given a CG trailer that doesn't do anything other than given the slightest idea of setting and character / mechanics.

Of course, this isn't only true to Xbox

This is actually why I'm excited for Xbox's showing this E3 because we'll finally see gameplay of Recore, Sea of Theives, a new Gears 4 build, and Crackdown (that isn't super early footage)

Zeta Oni

We need to be asking where's scale bound

Scalebound isn't coming this year, and I bet you the next time you see it, it will look very different than it did at gamescom.

I also doubt scalebound will be at E3, and will be shown off at this year's gamescom instead since it's a 2017 game.

Chris1

Scalebound isn't coming this year, and I bet you the next time you see it, it will look very different than it did at gamescom.

I also doubt scalebound will be at E3, and will be shown off at this year's gamescom instead since it's a 2017 game.

Scalebound has to be at e3, it hasn't been E3 yet and if it's still Spring 2017 this E3 is it's last chance. They aren't gonna send a big game like that out with only gamescom coverage at the big conferences.

Gamescom will focus on games coming out in the second half of 2017 probably, with a few teasers this year like maybe Recore, SOT

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea Scalebound has to be at E3 for the extra exposure. The game is unlikely to do very well already, they can't lower those odds further.
If a game like QB didn't sell so well with its shooting and time powers...I fear for what will become of a JRPG/action on Xbox One.

mike4001_

Come on guys.

This is common practice to show a CGI trailer when the game itself is not in a "showable" state yet.

A year later we all can expect gameplay at E3 for sure.

Glix

I gotta say I have been VERY impressed having only played Gunvolt and Soul Sacrifice just recently.

Despite all the MN9 horrible nonsense, I am very interested in this.

Chris1

Yea Scalebound has to be at E3 for the extra exposure. The game is unlikely to do very well already, they can't lower those odds further.
If a game like QB didn't sell so well with its shooting and time powers...I fear for what will become of a JRPG/action on Xbox One.

Yea, games going to bomb massively. Not just that it's a JRPG/Action game, but when has Platinum ever had a big seller? They make good games but nobody buys them no matter the console.

Delaying it out of the holiday was really dumb I think, I mean if the game wasn't ready it wasn't ready.. but yea. I honestly believe it should be releasing in the holiday and get mass bundled so that it's in 2-3M+ peoples hands instead of the 100k that's gonna actually buy it, that's the only chance the game has at doing decent and becoming a franchise IMO.

Zeta Oni

Yea, games going to bomb massively. Not just that it's a JRPG/Action game, but when has Platinum ever had a big seller? They make good games but nobody buys them no matter the console.

Delaying it out of the holiday was really dumb I think, I mean if the game wasn't ready it wasn't ready.. but yea. I honestly believe it should be releasing in the holiday and get mass bundled so that it's in 2-3M+ peoples hands instead of the 100k that's gonna actually buy it, that's the only chance the game has at doing decent and becoming a franchise IMO.

So if you think it should come out during the holidays and right now we know nothing outside of a "early 2017" release date, wouldn't pushing it back further and making it a centerpiece of next year's E3 be the best idea?

Hence why I'm guessing a no show at E3 this year.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'd like to see it as soon as possible, but from the gameplay we got last year, it needs alot of time in the oven imo.

Chris1

So if you think it should come out during the holidays and right now we know nothing outside of a "early 2017" release date, wouldn't pushing it back further and making it a centerpiece of next year's E3 be the best idea?

Hence why I'm guessing a no show at E3 this year.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'd like to see it as soon as possible, but from the gameplay we got last year, it needs alot of time in the oven imo.

It was originally Holiday 2016, now it's Spring 2017

I think it should come out during a holiday but it doesn't look like it's going to any more, so this E3 will be the last chance it gets. Honestly though I think the game would do better delayed to Holiday 2017 but I doubt it's gonna happen now.

RoKKeR

Still it's probably delayed though. Will probably be lumped into the early 2017 lineup. Unless they're gonna send this game to die against AAA holiday

Didn't say anything about the delay, was just responding to "announce it already" when the biggest gaming show of the year is so close haha.

Early 2017 seems suitable for a game like this, so I have no problems with a delay.

black070

Another title announced too early by Microsoft via a CG trailer. I really hope they don't make the same mistake this E3.

Top Bottom