• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which great, underperforming Square Enix game is better - Octopath 2 or FF7 Rebirth

Which do you like more?

• Octopath Traveler 2

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Votes: 64 67.4%

• Total voters

cireza

I liked what i played for dozens of hours until i started getting inexplicably 1-2 shot deaths of my entire party by random enemy encounters and nothing i could see for a reason why other than terrible game balance.
Balance is definitely all over the place, however the game has a lot of systems you can use to your advantage to make your party stronger and have great equipment. Experimenting with these is part of the fun !

That Rebirth underperformed is still pure speculation yet until we hear something official.

Even if it did, I am pretty confident it will do good in the long run and especially the PC version will give it a boost.

I believe the whole performance mode discussion did hurt sales, because many people decided then to wait for the PC version.

Last edited:

RobRSG

Octopath 2 has a better OST and doesn't have performance issues and an original story. Tressa from Octopath 1 still the best.

I concur with those recommending SO2R. Amazing complete game with great characters, combat and story and is a remake don

All debatable, and imagine a game with those graphics having performance issues?

Also, the OST in FFVII Rebirth is way better.

Last edited:
Octopath, Rebirth was a disappointment for me I doubt I’ll finish it and chances are slim to none for the finale.
It wasn’t the game I was looking for, and that’s fine. I wanted a flashy trip down nostalgia avenue, but they turned it into this giant bloated mess saturated with terrible minigames every five minutes. Happy that others enjoyed it, but it definitely was not for me.

poodaddy

I'm not sure here, as I'm not a doctor, but I think seeing FF7 Rebirth called a masterpiece may have given me some kind of stomach or ass cancer. Can't be sure, but upon reading it I felt immense revulsion, like I'd just chugged expired milk, and I just felt an urge to projectile evacuate from both ends....weird.

Top Bottom