• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Sony Studios are most likely to show up at E3?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Shinobi is really quiet in the last months.. he said nothing related to TLG or Crash
only Verendus a few times..

Most of the time, insiders who are directly involved with the companies get busy as E3 comes. Most start teasing stuff around now, but the lack of teases and general scuttlebutt is pretty indicative of the scaled down nature of big AAA titles being unveiled. 2015 E3 is going to be like 2012, a few big titles, but subdued.

Kyoufu

robo dinos
3rd person rpg
guerrilla's tech
redhead
new vegas writer
robo dinos
single player/coop/multi
robo dinos and redhead

That's like the best thing ever :p

I think out of all of SCE's western studios, this game has me curious the most. It's about time they made WRPGs. The setting is so intriguing and interesting judging by the leaked concept art. Looking forward to this announcement.

Most of the time, insiders who are directly involved with the companies get busy as E3 comes. Most start teasing stuff around now, but the lack of teases and general scuttlebutt is pretty indicative of the scaled down nature of big AAA titles being unveiled. 2015 E3 is going to be like 2012, a few big titles, but subdued.

I think E3 2015 will be great, and much better than last year's which was the year of annuals and remasters as projects weren't ready to be unveiled. While E3 2015 will have the annuals once again it'll also contain some really juicy content.

Since everyone has their own wishlist, I'll make mine:

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
Guerilla Game's Hybrid Project
Street Fighter V (Fuck You Ken Edition)
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Those are enough for the biggest Gaf meltdown in history!

Something new from FF XV and KH3 is going to be sweet.

Im excited to see Kingdom Hearts with the new Engine (Unreal Engine)

Armadilo

Banned
On E3 just drop all the bombs everyone has and enjoy the show, hope E3 2015 will be the best yet since we don't know much

Wynnebeck

Banned
I think E3 2015 will be great, and much better than last year's which was the year of annuals and remasters as projects weren't ready to be unveiled. While E3 2015 will have the annuals once again it'll also contain some really juicy content.

Meh, this is actually the least hype I've been for E3 in years. It just feel like there is nothing to be excited for.

do you know something?

For me Sony Gamescom last year was superior to E3 it actually showed some really creative games.

E3 in general was just disappointing last year from all 3.

delSai

Playstation Allstars 2 at E3 2015. Make it happen, Shawn Layden!
Let me dream ;_;
It wont be much of a challenge to be better then last E3 imo.

I'm hoping the conference is packed wall to wall with games.

I also don't want to see duplicates of games. I don't for instance, want to have to sit through Battlefront at two conferences.

Verendus

Banned
Meh, this is actually the least hype I've been for E3 in years. It just feel like there is nothing to be excited for.
GAF is the most interesting thing about these events now. I've not even witnessed the future, but I'm already bored of E3, GC, TGS etc. So in a way, you're part of what's to be excited for.

You, and every other member of the GAF Universe. Because on GAF, no one ever gives up. And everyone has a right to voice their opinions. Love it or hate, that's what the GAF Universe is all about. That hustle. That loyalty. That respect.

For me it seems like the 3 conferences all aim for something different.

E3: The big blockbuster showcase with a few indie games.
Gamescom: The conference where they show the more risky/creative IP's like WiLD,TTC,Rime and Tearaway:Unfolded.
TGS: The Japanese game showcase with very little western games.

Bonus
PSX: A combination of all 3.

According to shinobi, its a horror game.

Hmmmmm interesting.

They seem like the perfect fit for taking over a Crash game.

Is Bend big enough to have 2 development teams?

I just have a feeling that Crash is going to be there, there's no way Sony would be dropping small hints here and there for no reason.

delSai

You, and every other member of the GAF Universe. Because on GAF, no one ever gives up. And everyone has a right to voice their opinions. Love it or hate, that's what the GAF Universe is all about. That hustle. That loyalty. That respect.
So we are all John Cenas?
John Cena avatar bet incoming?

Servbot24

Banned
Hmmmmm interesting.

They seem like the perfect fit for taking over a Crash game.

Is Bend big enough to have 2 development teams?

I just have a feeling that Crash is going to be there, there's no way Sony would be dropping small hints here and there for no reason.

Crash is Sony's old mascot, so of course he is going to appear in retrospectives and the like. The fact that he exists as a part of history is not a hint that he's going to appear in a new game at this E3.

I would go so far as to say that PSASBR2 with Crash as a character is more likely to happen than a new mainline Crash game.

ZarKryn7

GAF is the most interesting thing about these events now. I've not even witnessed the future, but I'm already bored of E3, GC, TGS etc. So in a way, you're part of what's to be excited for.

Dawwwww....

Verendus

Banned
So we are all John Cenas?
John Cena avatar bet incoming?
More like a Batista avatar bet needs to happen in the future to rectify my past mistake. I still feel regret when I backed out on keeping him, and settled on Knack because of one person not liking the idea. Just the mere thought of BatistaGAF being a reality for three months, and the fact that I failed to make it happen, is making me question the reason for everything. Each time I come on GAF, that's all I think of.

This is truly a huge failure in my life.

More like a Batista avatar bet needs to happen in the future to rectify my past mistake. I still feel regret when I backed out on keeping him, and settled on Knack because of one person not liking the idea. Just the mere thought of BatistaGAF being a reality for three months, and the fact that I failed to make it happen, is making me question the reason for everything. Each time I come on GAF, that's all I think of.

Fine by me i survived your first bet now i will survive the second, no way im using a Batista avatar for months, you are going down!

bring_it_on_matrix.gif

ZarKryn7

If Sony was to make psas2,
Here's what I want.

-it needs to be top down or isometric
-I think it should have more RPG like mechanics rather than usual fighting game mechanics
-more first party characters and characters that have a STRONG association to PlayStation
-better presentation, nice to have that PlayStation style, It need to be unique, something that shouts the PlayStation brand to our faces.
-more fighting modes
-playstation is known to have franchises with well known enemies, like the clickers, chimera, Helghast, piposaru. there should be some kind of horde mode where you and your buddy can play as your favorite characters
and duke them out

I got a few more points but you know I don't want to make this too long

poeple wont be this careless anymore (3 Months Knack was too much)....they will take the save route

Too late for your Batista Army....

:p

If Sony was to make psas2,
Here's what I want.

-it needs to be top down or isometric
-I think it should have more RPG like mechanics rather than usual fighting game mechanics
-more first party characters and characters that have a STRONG association to PlayStation
-better presentation, nice to have that PlayStation style, It need to be unique, something that shouts the PlayStation brand to our faces.
-more fighting modes
-playstation is known to have franchises with well known enemies, like the clickers, chimera, Helghast, piposaru. there should be some kind of horde mode where you and your buddy can play as your favorite characters

I got a few more points but you know I don't want to make this too long

This. I want to fight as Cloud against Crash

delSai

I would go so far as to say that PSASBR2 with Crash as a character is more likely to happen than a new mainline Crash game.
I would be okay with this. I love the first PS Allstars, but it can be waaay better. Doubt we will see it anytime soon. If ever :/

boothisman.gif

The concept art looks more interesting than 90% of AAA stuff out there.
Fuck yes it did. Everything in those artworks looked great imo. Robo-Dinos? That's all i needed to see.

Persona 5 will hopefully be there too.

Yeah, I hope they'll back it big time like that by giving it atleast a trailer on stage.

Level-5 will be at E3 showing off a PS4 project.

Hoping for Dark Cloud 3. Expecting disappointment. :(

Would love that but I kind of think it'll be a new IP again, either way hopefully story trailer for E3 and hopefully gameplay by TGS.

Hoping they give Team Gravity a spotlight at E3 with the return of Gravity Rush maybe with both a remaster and re-reveal of GR2.

Would also like to see Rime again.

Ill be surprised if Ratchet and Clank gets anything more than being in a montage during Sony's press conference. I think it might be too soon for Bloodborne DLC as well.

With them also doing the movie the same year I think it will get a full trailer. Especially since they gave the movie a full announce trailer last year.

Hoping they give Team Gravity a spotlight at E3 with the return of Gravity Rush maybe with both a remaster and re-reveal of GR2.

Would also like to see Rime again.

How cool would it be if they brought Toyama on stage and let him announce both the remaster and the sequel one after the other. That would be E3 automatically won for me right there, anything else is a bonus.

Would be great to see Rime make an appearance again too. Even better if it gets a release date. I can't believe how long it's taken for that game to come out.

injurai

Banned
Probably more likely at PS Experience this year.

I thought it was still up in the air whether they would do that again. But I could see it be announced at such an event. That is probably the earliest I'd imagine seeing it. If not then certainly by gamescon of 2016.

injurai

Banned
Seems like Stig's new IP cancellation set Santa Monica back a bit.

In the sense that they probably would have had something to show by now yeah. I don't think it has affected the GOW project all that much though. That one was always a long ways off.

Just now they have this gap in their resume so to speak.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Team ICO is going to be there, TLG is going to be there. I can feel it. Something about 2015 just feels special.

It's been five E3s FFS.. ;_;

thelastword

Banned
I'm thinking Sony will Show.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet and Clank Remake with a remastering of all PS3 games
Resistance 4 from Insomniac with a remastering of all PS3 games
TLG will release later this year (maybe September)
Syphon Filter Remake (to release 2016)
Mark of Kri Next ( to release 2016)

Valkyrie Profile 3 collaboration
Vagrant Story 2 collaboration

GOW 4 trailer to close E3 (melts eyes).

Servbot24

Banned
I'm thinking Sony will Show.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet and Clank Remake with a remastering of all PS3 games
Resistance 4 from Insomniac with a remastering of all PS3 games
TLG will release later this year (maybe September)
Syphon Filter Remake (to release 2016)
Mark of Kri Next ( to release 2016)

Valkyrie Profile 3 collaboration
Vagrant Story 2 collaboration

GOW 4 trailer to close E3 (melts eyes).

I hope you don't actually think they'll show all that. :p

I think we'll see a in-engine teaser for the new God of War, Guerrilla Games Dino RPG, The Uncharted Collection and Bend's new game (which will probably use Morpheus).

They may show The Last Guardian and if so I expect it to launch either Holiday 2015 or early 2016. It's one of those games I think they'll reveal only when it's nearing completion as it's been so long in development hell they have no need to show it before it's ready.

autoduelist

Since everyone has their own wishlist, I'll make mine:

SNIP
New Naval RPG
SNIP

This is such an obscure, bizarre ask that I almost wonder if you know something. I can't think of any Naval RPGs, begging the question, why would you list it alongside everything else?

Unless this means... SKIES OF ARCADIA. Sure, I'll take it there - Verendus is promising a new Skies of Arcadia exclusive for ps4! Believe!

Top Bottom