• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's excited for Disney Infinity Star Wars 3.0 edition?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So who else is excited for Disney Infinity Star Wars? I already have 2.0 for my kiddos, but I'm personally hyped for 3.0. I like Marvel, but I love Star Wars. Already preordered the starter set.

Have a friend and fellow GAFer who waited in line for like 3 hours yesterday at e3 to get a figurine. Maybe he can post a pic of what he nabbed.

2.0 playsets def had better gameplay than 1.0 so I hope that trend continues. I'm not expecting GOTY quality here, but just something functional to run through both time periods. So hopefully we get that.

Wish we were also getting a playsets based on Rebels to go along with the figures.

Star Wars™ Rise Against the Empire Play Set Trailer

Starter Pack
Announce_StarterPack.png

Rise Against the Empire

Twilight of the Republic

TEJ

My stance on this is like the other disney infinity titles, and future DI titles. No playable Simba no sale.

superjona

I hope they improve the campaign. Marvel's in Disney Infinity 2.0 was just boring imho, didn't really feel polished too.

I must say I'm really excited to play the Star Wars version however. I never liked the figure collecting games, but I need to get my hands on these.

I have a drawer full of their figures and I've spent hours in Toy Box mode just fooling around. I'll be picking this one up eventually. Probably pretty close to launch, actually. The only downside about the Infinity series is that they're very peculiar about their franchises and won't let them crossover.

I want to play the Star Wars playset as Jasmine! Also, they need to represent Pixar a whole lot more! I want a Ratatouille series of figures, even if it's just Remy and Emil.

Stanng243

It just needs to be fun. I've finished the 2nd game 3 times for the platinum trophies, and it just got more painful.

Mononoke

Banned
Brandon Jones is. He's the "god voice" over at GameTrailers (does all the review narrations). He is OBSESSED with Disney Infinity. Watching him talk about it, makes me want to try it out.

Much better looking combat, more variety in enemies, better vehicles and space exploration makes this look a lot better than 2.0. The randomized dungeon mode is its own play disc now they're going to sell seperate so my favorite part of 2.0 is getting more time put into it. All the Star Wars characters can cross over with each playset it sounds like, that's a plus. Yeah, I'm excited though I like Marvel characters more than Star Wars these days.

curb

Banned
Much better looking combat, more variety in enemies, better vehicles and space exploration makes this look a lot better than 2.0. The randomized dungeon mode is its own play disc now they're going to sell seperate so my favorite part of 2.0 is getting more time put into it. All the Star Wars characters can cross over with each playset it sounds like, that's a plus. Yeah, I'm excited though I like Marvel characters more than Star Wars these days.

I'm really curious to see what the Marvel play set is.

Also, still holding out hope for a Captain Marvel figure this round but I'm sure the chances are slim.

Vanillalite

Yeah Ninja Theory seems to be helping out a ton on this!

Can't get too hyped, and I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. LoL

curb

Banned
I didn't even think to mention the fact that they're streaming the OT play set right now on Twitch. Will likely be going for another 30+ minutes.

http://twitch.tv/disney stream over

Edit: the Death Star trench run looks pretty good.

Elandyll

Banned
At firs I was like "eh", but then I thought of my two boys (4 and 6) who have been obsessing on Lego Star Wars for months (we had to restrain the PS3 usage to 2h a day, only on Sat / Sun or as a special reward)...

And then I was so excited just thinking about how much -they- would be excited :)

Of course my 6 year old is already thinking about his letter to Santa and how to talk about Battlefront, but I told him we'd have to see exactly how "Kid friendly" that title would be.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Have 1.0 for Wii U.

Was very happy to see my base will work on PS4 just fine. Grabbing 2.0 from PSN this week and will grab 3.0 this fall.

edit - k, it appears all 2.0 playsets are available separately. awesome!

Vanillalite

Have 1.0 for Wii U.

Was very happy to see my base will work on PS4 just fine. Grabbing 2.0 from PSN this week and will grab 3.0 this fall.

Are any playsets exclusive to the starer sets?

Nah they sell them all separate. Like you can buy the Marvel stuff separate if you buy the 2.0 Box set or vice versa.

-Digits-

I'm sort of excited. I'll probably wait 'till it's out and impressions are in the wild. I'll probably buy some figured anyway, even if I end up skipping the game itself.

Vanillalite

I'm sort of excited. I'll probably wait 'till it's out and impressions are in the wild. I'll probably buy some figured anyway, even if I end up skipping the game itself.

Once you have some figures you know you'll want the game tho. :p

Megasoum

Banned
I'm on my phone, somebody need to post the gif from Dave Lang shaking his feets like a kid from last night's stream.

Vanillalite

Might be a stupid question but... what kind of game is Disney Infinity exactly?

There are multiple parts. The playsets are set stuff that you play like normal levels where as Toy Box is like create your own levels and fun mode.

Amneisac

I am tentatively excited, but I really haven't liked Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 nearly as much as Skylanders, so I'm not sure if I'll really get into it.

Fusebox

Banned
So who else is excited for Disney Infinity Star Wars? I already have 2.0 for my kiddos, but I'm personally hyped for 3.0. I like Marvel, but I love Star Wars. Already preordered the starter set.

I'm surprised that anyone who owns 1.0 or 2.0 would be excited for 3.0.

curb

Banned
On their Toy Box TV stream earlier today they said that their Lucasfilm people were very impressed with the lightsaber combat.

jph139

I've been cautiously interested in Disney Infinity for a while now but I think this'll be the edition to push me over the edge. Mostly because of the Toy Box Speedway mode - Disney-Marvel-Star Wars crossover kart racer by Sumo Digital? The first looks seem a bit rough around the edges but the potential for greatness is there.

I want to be, but...

I was pretty excited going into 1.0 but I left massively disappointed by the awful campaigns/playsets (the best was Lone Ranger which itself was just okay) and the complete letdown that was Toy Box, which fell shockingly short of the LBP-style greatness I was hoping for at least shades of.

Definitely keeping an eye on 3.0, I love me some Star Wars and I'm intrigued by some of the devs they've brought in to punch things up, but 2.0 didn't look like it was something I would have liked any better than the original and I'm skeptical of this one.

fernoca

I'm looking forward to it, like the previous two games.

Skylanders is still a day one purchase, same with amiibo. Infinity 3.0 is tied with Lego Dimensions on "to get, after I get everything else I want this year".

Top Bottom