• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's excited for Disney Infinity Star Wars 3.0 edition?

curb

Banned
Coz they kind of blow. The fact you can't use any character in any set is really disappointing and the actual gameplay is very meh.

Well it's not ideal yet but any Star Wars character can be used with and Star Wars play set this time so that's progress. Also, it seems as though the companies they've brought in have done a lot of good work on the combat and driving mechanics. I'm cautiously optimistic myself.

CamHostage

In spite of the ugly art style, I'll probably pick this up if 3.0 makes it to Vita.

Don't count on it. Vita really chugged on 2.0 (though sometimes it looked really good; I don't blame Panic Button Games, it just didn't work out,) and 3.0 seems to be a much more complex and competent game. Plus Disney seemed to have no interest in it seeing as how they dumped the game out without even a PS.com blog post announcing its release, the Vita version probably was a contractual obligation, and few signs point to it having panned out.

I hear the mobile game of Disney Infinity is surprisingly good though. And you can still collect the toys (whoopie...) and enter them digitally, it's supposed to be practically the same game as the console version on an iPad. Disney Infinity feels very much like a joystick game (and 3.0 looks particularly control-oriented) so that may be a bad way to go, but mobile often is not the right platform for a lot of games and they still do well there.

Xeteh

I think I'd likely dig some Disney Infinity but the whole toys to life thing is too expensive for my blood so I just appreciate them from afar. 3.0 sounds pretty fucking rad, though.

I have always been interested in Disney Infinity but I can't wrap my head around what these games are

Open world sandbox? Linear? Is there a story? Missions/quests? Unlockable characters?

curb

Banned
I think I'd likely dig some Disney Infinity but the whole toys to life thing is too expensive for my blood so I just appreciate them from afar. 3.0 sounds pretty fucking rad, though.

I thought the same thing until I got a good deal on the Avengers starter kit. 10 figures later...

kunonabi

I'll be excited if I can buy Anakin by himself and if they make so that only characters with super strength can pick up characters twice their size and other heavy objects. It bugs me to see Hawkeye picking and throwing enemies and such. It would really help differentiate the power characters.

I love Star Wars but this doesn't really appeal to me despite it's undeniable charm. The figures look good but I spend enough money on the Black series at is. I'm sure it's fantastic for kids, I would have loved it.

It's the first time I'm keeping my eye on a game from this genre, that's for sure. Star Wars was massive in my house growing up. I'll hold off until I see the reception, though.

SegaShack

I would be down if they had an Original Trilogy Starter Pack. Don't need those crappy Clone Wars cartoon characters. They also shouldn't do 1 game a year IMO. The games lack in content because of that.

After 1.0 I realized no way in hell am I buying a game that has only a few playsets.

I would be down if they had an Original Trilogy Starter Pack. Don't need those crappy Clone Wars cartoon characters. They also shouldn't do 1 game a year IMO. The games lack in content because of that.

After 1.0 I realized no way in hell am I buying a game that has only a few playsets.
The Clone Wars is great!

Well considering I just paid $100 for E3 Sabine and $40 for Han...
Most excited for

though.

Also flipped my opinion of the Inside Out playset and characters after seeing the movie, was actually mad before at the waste of space.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know if I simply couldn't find it listed before, or if it's newly listed... but you can order the Saga Bundle at bestbuy.com.

This bundle is the only way to get Boba Fett in 2015.

(1) Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition base, (1) Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition video game software
(1) Star Wars(TM) Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece, (1) Ahsoka Tano figure, (1) Anakin Skywalker figure,
(1) Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play Set piece, (1) Luke Skywalker figure, (1) Princess Leia figure
(1) Boba Fett figure
(1) Web Code card (unlocks content for PC/mobile)

GCU discount PLUS $10 rewards and free release date shipping... ahh, sweet sweet GCU

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-...on-4/4211101.p?id=1219707776386&skuId=4211101

Soo... I decided to order the Saga Bundle + Yoda... I wanted to skip this game but it was probably inevitable that I would cave and at least get some of the wave 1 stuff.

And so far there don't seem to be any major Force Awakens games announced. I hope there will be some later this year... but outside of Disney Infinity and the level in Battlefront (which doesn't really count) there doesn't seem to be anything. So, at least I can play some form of Force Awakens game later this year thanks to DI3.0

Anyway, subbed to this thread... I hope we can get a small DI community going here. DI 1.0 and 2.0 barely registered on GAF.

curb

Banned
I don't know if I simply couldn't find it listed before, or if it's newly listed... but you can order the Saga Bundle at bestbuy.com.

I just preordered it from Best Buy Canada. Their E3 preorder deal was extended until today and while the fine print says that the 20% off code doesn't apply to Infinity, the website accepted my code. $23CDN off is a pretty decent discount.

Anyway, subbed to this thread... I hope we can get a small DI community going here. DI 1.0 and 2.0 barely registered on GAF.

It would be nice to see. The DI 2.0 thread contained a lot of haters. I get the criticism of the game but I really enjoyed it and I still mess around with it from time to time. My 2 year old daughter likes to watch "Hulk SFMASH".

Top Bottom