• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this Nintendo Direct is worth the time. Any word on how long it will be?

30 minutes confirmed, talking about at least two unrevealed Nintendo 1st-party Wii U games and Nintendo services.

Most likely Monolith Soft's (Xenoblade) new project and a reveal of Yoshi's Land Wii U, at minimum.

There's a decent chance Nintendo might decide to announce A WHOLE BUNCH of games in development and blow everyone away.

There, that's all you need to know.

Blades64

Banned
Hype get!

990644igCXm26eeExlA.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
DUDES, IMAGINE THIS! SUPER SMASH BROS 4, MONOLITH SOFT'S MOTHER REMAKE AND RETRO NEW GAME WILL BE ANNOUNCE ON NINTENDO DIRECT! TMW! YES!

*look at myself*

Naw, I'm kidding. Our GAF Train is going to crash pretty bad tomorrow for some of people.

EDITED: Did GAF went down for few seconds? I can't access to GAF for a minute.

my expectations are remaining tempered, but I have slightly more hype than normal. how much of the 30 mins will be Pikmin, Wonderful 101, and WiiFit U focused? this is the question

Anth0ny

the NA stream will be reggie slowly talking about "pokeymon" and "new. pikmin. experiences. coming to a wii u."

hello. this is - reggie fils-aime. welcome to the latest, nintendo direct. while most of what we will show today is for the wii u, let's start by talking about- new. super. mario. brothers. 2. downloadable content.

let's look at how many coins, enterprising new super mario bros. 2 players, have accumulated over the last six months. wow. what a number. players have also been enjoying the last pack of downloadable content.

now let's move on to everyone's favorite little plants: pikmin. pikmin is a game where

and then after the show nintendo will post screenshots of the monolith game on their site but there's only three of them and they're all like 500x375 and it's clearly unfinished

this guy gets it

farnham

Banned
30 minutes confirmed, announcing at least two unannounced Nintendo 1st-party Wii U games and Nintendo services.

Most likely Monolith Soft's (Xenoblade) new project and a reveal of Yoshi's Land Wii U, at minimum.

There's a decent chance Nintendo might decide to announce A WHOLE BUNCH of games in development and blow everyone away.

There, that's all you need to know.

people wil be dissapointed tommorrow..

I expect game and wario and pikmin dates maybe w101 dates

Yeah I'm betting they're going to show us a few games we've already seen and that were supposed to be out at launch and then talk about the port of that Resident evil 3ds game.

I would love to be wrong but I see all kinds of disappointment coming from this. Nintendo probably wouldn't announce anything too big on a ND. I could see them saving those big games for something like GDC or E3. I imagine this will expand on Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario, with a sprinkling of eShop news. Probably minor.

I would love to be wrong but I see all kinds of disappointment coming from this. Nintendo probably wouldn't announce anything too big on a ND. I could see them saving those big games for something like GDC or E3. I imagine this will expand on Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario, with a sprinkling of eShop news. Probably minor.

As I keep saying, Nintendo is missing its forecast for Wii U units, and they're releasing their financials next week.

Without some big stuff announced at this Nintendo Direct, their share price is going to nosedive.

I expect RETRO and I expect Monolith. I also expect a Nintendo 1st party IP.

I expect to be disappointed as a result of these expectations.

AntMurda

People are really clueless about expecting "Retro Studios to be a highlight of a Nintendo Direct". If anything whatever RetroStudios is working on, E3 might be a better debut for it. I think an in-house NCL (EAD/SPD) project is more likely for the surprise game. Or a big Nintendo collaboration project like Other M or Smash Bros. 4 can also happen. There are a bunch of projects I'm sure at EAD Tokyo, and I think it is time for one to be revealed.

EAD TOKYO >>>>>>>>> RETROSTUDIOS

Anth0ny

Übermatik;46766762 said:
I expect RETRO and I expect Monolith. I also expect a Nintendo 1st party IP.

I expect to be disappointed as a result of these expectations.

lol retro

wait til e3

Since Nintendo unveiled New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land at E3 last year, I'm going to say we'll probably get two or three reveals as well. Yoshi Land Wii U seems like a gimme, Monolith Soft's project seems like a good bet, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nintendo is going to announce Virtual Console for the Wii U w/ Gamecube titles and a worldwide release of Earthbound for the VC.

The Boat

Beautiful.

Seriously people, you should really calm down. Expect less. We know Pikmin 3, W101, Lego City and Bayo 2 are coming, those are reasonably "big" games we'll playing in a somewhat near future, so it's possible they'll spend some time with them and announce some other "small" games, maybe even for eShop considering they're investing hard on these games for 3DS too. And that would be OK.

If they announce something huge, awesome, good surprise. If not, I won't be disappointed.

Rich!

If this ends up being an announcement of a Xenoblade 2, or a spiritual successor, I will absolutely fucking lose it. HYPE TRAIIIIN

Expecting:

-Welcome, apology for patch/slow OS/Premium availability

- 4 minutes of Wii Fit U (one new exercise & off-TV play) & release date
- Quick Lego City Under Cover Trailer with a 'Summer' Japanese release
- Game & Wario Release, new trailer
-Pikmin release month with old footage
-The W101 release month with some new media (one of which will be a late game spoiler :) )
- Panorma View DD release date announced over old footage
-NSMBU DLC announced - released on Friday because yay for investors
-1-2 new announcements of any of the following: Yoshi Game, Retro, Monolith, 3D Mario, Tokyo EAD, Flip Note Studio, Bayonetta 2, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario Party or New IP.
-Finish with Iwata staring at a random fruit/vegetable and we're done by 11:35.

Pretty sure an announcement for a Monolithsoft game wouldn't prevent that. Investors are not interested in good games, they're interested in games that sell well.

Well in that case, the Monolith Soft reveal would be one of the many reveals / teasers at the Nintendo Direct, including Retro's new game, the new 3D Mario, more Super Smash Bros. 4 news, a Mario Kart Wii U announcement, etc.

Although it's also likely that the Nintendo Direct will be "enthusiast-focused" / barebones (Monolith Soft and Yoshi's Land) instead. You're right, it won't save the share price, but at least GAF / the fans will be happy.

Expecting:

-Welcome, apology for patch/slow OS/Premium availability

- 10 minutes of Wii Fit U (one new exercise & off-TV play) & release date
- New Lego City Trailer and Date revealing new gameplay elements
- Game & Wario Release, new trailer
- New Pikmin 3 trailer and release date
- The W101 release month with some new media (one of which will be a late game spoiler :) )
- NSMBU DLC announced - released on Friday because yay for investors

I modified this to look more like what we'll most likely see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom