• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U launch attach ratio=1.2, Wii launch attach ratio=2

Doomed like Vita.

I bought my deluxe in a bundle from Newegg with 3 extra games, NSMBU, Zombi U and BLOPS 2 (which I didn't want)

Ridley327

i think most people i met bought Wii Play for the extra controller during the Wii launch but never actually played the game - so i'm not really sure the 2.0 is all that relevant here

1.2 is fine especially with the higher cost of the hardware, and assuming that people bought a Pro Controller to go with it

also... I predict Nintendo is going to stack next year (and especially end of next year) with ridiculous amounts of software to make sure the Wii U is compelling vis a vis the 720/ps4...

at 299 w/ Nintendoland next November and 50+ games (including 3-4 AAA games), dual tablet functionality, upgraded software/OS, apps, Wii U TV, etc - it should do really well

next year will be like 2001 all over again IMHO (PS2 software, Gamecube launch, Xbox launch)

As it's been pointed out, Wii Play was not a launch game; it came out in February of 2007 in the US.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Oh man, an oldie but a goodie - games are selling on Nintendo, just not REAL games. So if you don't count... what all was on this list at one point.... Nintendo first party games, music games, Lego games, party games, Carnival games, Fitness games, Popular License games, Wii sales are terrible and it's totally collecting dust in closets.

Hehe.

I find it funny how some people like to get all elitist.

We wouldn't say the same thing about chef's for example. "You're not a chef because real chef's use saffron and coriander."

I think it's because in general people like to label things and put labels on people.

We should really be happy to embrace all forms of videogames even if we don't particularly like them.

Ah well.

I'd point to the barren launch lineup myself. Nothing to grab people like Wii Sports did.

Assassin's Creed, CoD, and NBA 2k are 3 of the biggest 3rd party games on the market, period. Barren is hardly the word I would use. If Wii U owners aren't interested in these games, support will dry up pretty fast.

Im only on page 3, but i see people trying to act like those bringing up the eshop are deluded like vita owners, but i dont see that myself.

I like to think that no one really belives that a game that sold poorly at retail (a "bomba") is suddenly going to be a million seller off the backs of dd. If someone acts like that then, yes, they cray cray.

but personally I think all that people who bring up dd mean is that this kind of stat in the op is kind of useless. Without any idea of digital sales, we dont have the whole picture. Surely there are people who bought a disc game, then got home and downloaded another (or 2, like me). So if, if, thats true, what does that mean for the attatch rate? We dont know. We dont know what the attatch rate could be with dd figures, and i think that's why people bring it up.

Top Bottom