• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U US November Sales Estimated at 149K by Pachter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If it really sold only 150k with Super Mario 3D World and the Black Friday Deals....wow, this would be horrible.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That would be like sub-Vita 2012 performance.

That would almost be "Why are we still making this again?" level.

jakncoke

Banned
If it sells only 149k in its 2nd November that'll be the end of times for Wii U me thinks. Dreamcast level bad for 2nd November

Bring on the bail out gifs. I really thought the Wii U would turn it around somewhat, but it looks to be totally dead at this point. Might as well skip it and see what comes next : (

Haines

Banned
150k in one month isnt great by any means but its still selling consoles... nintendo prob wants something like 500k tho right?

Anth0ny

It's like less than half of what Gamecube did during it's second November.

Not to mention November had a game of the generation tier game in 3D World, and a ton of sales for the Wii U.

Sounds like some of the more pessimistic expectations were realized. Instead of Mario and Wii U acting as a cheaper alternative to the next gen consoles... it was completely fucking ignored thanks to the next gen console hype trains. Unbelievable.

This thing is fucking deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead.

Madouu

Well, last year was launch period, so the drop shouldn't be too surprising I think

Just like he's been overestimating wii u numbers for a large part of the year, I think he is underestimating them here.

Don't expect anything amazing though.

dream

It would appear that the sleeping dragon may actually be in a coma, with very little discernible brain activity.

Well, last year was launch period, so the drop shouldn't be too surprising I think

150k would mean it was almost TRIPLED by the GC in a similar November post-launch period. That's sub-Dreamcast numbers.

xvyx.jpg

Rocky

Banned
Doesn't Pachter's estimates usually come in higher than what was actually sold? I don't remember what he predicted last month or whether it was higher or lower than the actual number.

Madao

history in the making as we read and post.

this will be the first Nintendo system to be killed prematurely. i wonder if they're considering a new system and moving Zelda to that since the Wii u won't last until 2015 like this.

It would appear that the sleeping dragon may actually be in a coma, with very little discernible brain activity.

they just introduced Fairies and they are super effective against Dragons. plus, Dragon moves don't affect Fairies.

Welp, yeah that's that then.

So... assuming we're not getting a new Nintendo machine until 2016 or so, and assuming they're not going to just drop the console, what exactly does Nintendo do with this thing? I mean, eventually retailers aren't going to order more of the product, and they'll have to stop manufacturing.

I do expect a kind of re-brand and re-model of some sort coming, but can't really think of what else to do.

Salex_

Can it survive until Smash bros/Mario Kart? Also, does Nintendo still think they can sell 9 million for the quarter? lol

Kater

Banned
The Wii U really needs some amazing software now that gets everybody talking about their console.
Let's hope Nintendo still got something up their sleeves.
:/

Holy fuck. If that's the actual number there's no hope at all, if there was even any beforehand. Now it's just going to be a system on life support that they try to push out all of the promised games on the console in time to try to save at least some of their dignity before the next gen..

jeffers

It's like less than half of what Gamecube did during it's second November.

Not to mention November had a game of the generation tier game in 3D World, and a ton of sales for the Wii U.

Sounds like some of the more pessimistic expectations were realized. Instead of Mario and Wii U acting as a cheaper alternative to the next gen consoles... it was completely fucking ignored thanks to the next gen console hype trains. Unbelievable.

This thing is fucking deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead.

expectations of pachters expectations? we do that now?

Snakeyes

Well, that's one way to shy away from direct competition. I'm sure Iwata's happy with the results of his vision.

holy shit. if true, i can't imagine them riding out the wii u anymore. at a certain point i would imagine they'll just say "what's the fucking point?"

2014 will probably be the last year wii u games get released. smash, kart, bayonetta 2, x, yoshi, then onto the next system

I bought one 2 weeks ago, so at least one of those is mine!

I dunno, I expect it to sell bad because of the other 2 next-gen consoles coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom