• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread of Roundcats Up in This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ano Hana

I finally got around to finishing this and pretty much everything people criticized the show was correct. But that last episode was pretty funny, especially any scene where people starting crying and yelling, so maybe it was worth forcing myself through this pretty awful show.

Thoraxes

Ano Hana

I finally got around to finishing this and pretty much everything people criticized the show was correct. But that last episode was pretty funny, especially any scene where people starting crying and yelling, so maybe it was worth forcing myself through this pretty awful show.

If you want, I can point you in the direction of some great supplementary reading...

I will just leave this here and say that this is what I read before the last episode aired (NSFW text): http://pastebin.com/b960RUHu

Defuser

SAO designs
rnHj2.jpg

It's like Working!! with swords.

Jex

Steins; Gate is better than anything this season, imo, and easily so. I'm jealous you're able to go into it fresh.

I think Natsume is crafted far, far better than Steins;Gate, but as it's a purely episodic experience with characters that develop over the course of the show it's a more satisfying experience.

zeroshiki

Did you ever think, "man, these niconico comments taking up so much screen space are so cool, I wish they could be 10 feet tall?"

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7279.html

Have I got the thing for you. On February 25 they're gonna be doing a live Niconico event where Time of Eve will be simulcast between Niconico AND a real movie theater. What the people at home see will be what the people in the theater will see.

There are also rumors that there might be an announcement after this event. The author of the Time of Eve (another act) novel will be attending so maaaayyybeeeeee something to do with that.

20120212161311092.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What the people at home see will be what the people in the theater will see.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ww_wwww__wwww_wwww_wwww__wwww_wwww_wwww__wwww_ww
www_ww_ww_ww_wwwwww_ww_ww_ww_wwwwww_ww_ww_ww_www
wwww__wwww__wwwwwwww__wwww__wwwwwwww__wwww__wwww

(I wonder how they're going to recreate the button that disables comments in the theatres.)

Did you ever think, "man, these niconico comments taking up so much screen space are so cool, I wish they could be 10 feet tall?"

Have I got the thing for you. On February 25 they're gonna be doing a live Niconico event where Time of Eve will be simulcast between Niconico AND a real movie theater. What the people at home see will be what the people in the theater will see.

There are also rumors that there might be an announcement after this event. The author of the Time of Eve (another act) novel will be attending so maaaayyybeeeeee something to do with that.

20120212161311092.png
That is such a bad idea.

Jex

So they've successfully taken a bad idea and made it worse?? That's, uh, interesting.

Jex

Well, I guess that's better than nothing, but that's the same picture everyone goes for (because it's awesome)! It's like that one hair picture from Angels Egg. I would, however, have accepted trains in the snow or better yet surfing by the beach, because no-one goes for that one.

Haly

I think everyone chooses that scene because it is literally breathtaking.

Like watching a sunrise except without all the icky outdoors stuff.

(The only way to create a comprehensive list of best images from 5cm/s is to show the movie itself in its entirety.)

zeroshiki

(I wonder how they're going to recreate the button that disables comments in the theatres.)

So they've successfully taken a bad idea and made it worse?? That's, uh, interesting.

That is such a bad idea.

You guys clearly have no idea what the otaku want. Who cares about watching the show. I want to see wwwwwwww everywhere!

Jex

You'll have to excuse me, I'm devouring the VA interviews. There's too many images in this damn film that I like.

Hell yeah, that city shot is amazing. Well, I guess most shots in the movie look amazing by dint of the art direction, but yeah.

Haly

I think I liked Cosmonaut more because of the aforementioned scenes and tan girl.

Jex

You guys clearly have no idea what the otaku want. Who cares about watching the show. I want to see wwwwwwww everywhere!

That can't be what otaku want, surely? I have to imagine that most people who surf NicoNico have those comments disabled.

Haly

The feature's continued existence is indicative that there is, at the very least, a sizable portion of the otaku populace who truly enjoy reading video comments in real time rather than watching the video itself.

They should monetize it by inserting product endorsements among all the wwwwwwwwww.

/XX/

Out of curiosity, and related to this topic... have you been in any of the events organized at Roppongi's nicofarre (http://nicofarre.jp/) club?

Certainly, it would be cool having a camera on the spectators of the theater to see their reactions at the same time...

Haly

Certainly, it would be cool having a camera on the spectators of the theater to see their reactions at the same time...
And once those videos are uploaded to niconico with "wwwwwwww" scrolling across the screen, we will have truly reached the point of no return.

(Where is your avatar from /XX/?)

Jex

So, there's another AWO Podcast out and, as usual for their current episodes, it's basically just a review of one title, rather than the 'old style' emails/news/three reviews. I guess they're all pretty busy.

This time they review The Sword for Truth, which sounds just about terrible enough to be worth the £2.14 that Amazon is charging for it. Once I heard that it had a classy Manga UK dub I was pushed over the edge into buying it - after all it's those kinds of dubs which help to make crap like this tolerable.

Jintor

The feature's continued existence is indicative that there is, at the very least, a sizable portion of the otaku populace who truly enjoy reading video comments in real time rather than watching the video itself.

I haven't seen it myself, but it sounds theoretically interesting if you can get a good enough filter.

zeroshiki

Out of curiosity, and related to this topic... have you been in any of the events organized at Roppongi's nicofarre (http://nicofarre.jp/) club?

Nope! The most otaku gathering I've been to is either the Tokyo Anime Fair or TGS. I don't really follow the scene too much.

/XX/

Nope! The most otaku gathering I've been to is either the Tokyo Anime Fair or TGS. I don't really follow the scene too much.
I see... if you go to one tell us, O.K.?

(Where is your avatar from /XX/?)

iPypFtlSYT797.png

One of the untitled old analog-digital mixes by JNT (JNTHED). Sorry, think I can't post his blogs directly because they have, along that base image, some pretty questionable content I suppose I'm not allowed to link to in here, but with the information you have now it will be pretty easy to find them.

I commenced this as a way of showing TEAM FULLMECHA's works because of this post (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34979460&postcount=105), which reminds me I should be cycling through all the avatars I've made, and change to another one... right... now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom