• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread of Roundcats Up in This

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
That hair looks like some sort of rag mop.

I know. Its totally adorable.
I wish more characters had hair like that.

Another great piece of moe history:
M2dHw.jpg

-Minsc-

I know. Its totally adorable.
I wish more characters had hair like that.

*shrug* Each to their own. I really don't see what you see. Then again I'm not a Hnnnggg-aholic.

Man, I'm already over a third of the way to the total amount of posts I had in the last thread. I'd better get to bed so I can keep off that wall of shame.

Reborn 152

Definitely the second most epic episode in the anime, tears when
Arcobaleno exploded
yet so excited when everyone unleashed their attacks to destroy the deathperation powered units. This filler episode was amazing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, it wasn't AstroGrrl! I did keep in touch with DaphneBlu until a couple of years ago, though. My wife went by the handle Yurika I believe, but she never joined our channel. Regularly, at least.
I'm amazed I still remember those names, hahaha.

Holy shit @ that OP, Mandy. Geez.

All right, I'll be looking into Another, Black★Rock Shooter, and Louise Final. I'll think about Nisemonogatari even though LOLSHAFT. What the hell is Mini-Skirt Space Pirates and why didn't anyone tell me about this before??

I should probably get on with finishing my unfinished series too. I still need to finish Hanasaku Iroha, THE IDOLM@STER, and start back into Hurrdurr-Pinguindrum. I actually stalled on Hurrdurr around episode 5 or 6 but with reports that the show actually doesn't use repeated animation for it's whole run (excepting the Rock Over Japan sequence), I'm going to go ahead and watch it to the end.

Cwarrior

*checks list*
Definite watch: nothing

Might checkout: nothing

anime of the season: nothing

Can we close this anime thread already? and just keep the old one open, cause I would like to live in the past.

Dresden

1/9 25:30: Ano Natsu de Matteru (TVA)
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (Honey and Clover II, Railgun)
Writer: Yosuke Kuroda (Gundam 00, s-CRY-ed, Please Teacher)
Character Design: Taraku Uon (Please Teacher), Masayoshi Tanaka (HSOTD)
Animation: J.C. Staff (bad Aria, Zakuro, Kaicho wa Maid-sama)
It's an original romcom! Which means basically all we know is that the lead couple will hook up without actually hooking up!
+ Holy shit, it's teacher Yoko.
- Website at Ichika-Ichika will taunt and enrage IS fans.
Anyone want to play 'guess Ano Natsu de Matteru's plot'?

Boy meets girl, falls in love.

Over the course of hours or days or weeks they hang out and do slice-of-life things. She is everything he's not and the timid lad identifies in her the traits that he sorely lacks. The two of them grow closer over the course of the show, but at the cusp of real romance . . . tragedy: she dies, gets cancer, is hit by a truck, is raped; falls off a cliff, trips into a pit of spikes or drowns in a puddle of urine.

Whether she survives or not is irrelevant. For one day, the boy will take out his camera, and clicks a picture of his hometown, where the memory of the girl he loved still lies waiting, biding its time before it takes flight. After taking the shot the boy will look up in wonder as the sound of her laugh rings in his ears.

And I guess Secret Base can start playing. Dunno.

Oh! My Goddess - 5

mpc-hc2011-12-3006-11omjye.jpg

Belldandy has some good hair, too. Ponytails are pretty cute.

It was a lovely episode again. I don't understand how I could ignore Oh! My Goddess my entire life.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone want to play 'guess Ano Natsu de Matteru's plot'?

Boy meets girl, falls in love.

Over the course of hours or days or weeks they hang out and do slice-of-life things. She is everything he's not and the timid lad identifies in her the traits that he sorely lacks. The two of them grow closer over the course of the show, but at the cusp of real romance . . . tragedy: she dies, gets cancer, is hit by a truck, is raped; falls off a cliff, trips into a pit of spikes or drowns in a puddle of urine.

Whether she survives or not is irrelevant. For one day, the boy will take out his camera, and clicks a picture of his hometown, where the memory of the girl he loved still lies waiting, biding its time before it takes flight. After taking the shot the boy will look up in wonder as the sound of her laugh rings in his ears.

And I guess Secret Base can start playing. Dunno.

So, like Saikano.

cajunator

Banned
Oh! My Goddess - 5

mpc-hc2011-12-3006-11omjye.jpg

Belldandy has some good hair, too. Ponytails are pretty cute.

It was a lovely episode again. I don't understand how I could ignore Oh! My Goddess my entire life.

Yes, you have been missing out big time.

It's like their hair is hiding another head.

It does look like that doesnt it? I love the old school gigantic poofy hair designs.

Listen to me girls, I'm not your father! = Guiltiest pleasure of the season.

Best anime title ever.

Every day I'm more and more appreciative of people who don't approach everything with a healthy dose of skepticism.

How about approaching things with a super dose of optimism? I for one am excited for spring because of all the adaptations of stuff I like despite people around here saying they are being adapted by poor studios.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not sure, my bar for space pirate awesomeness is set pretty high. It will need to be Charlotte Dunois Glorious for me to stick with it past the first episode.

True true. Charles was a magnificent surprise.

But the waifus never age! They always remain eternally young and unchanging, captured in frames of animation!

They sometimes age over several seasons but otherwise you have a point here.

Watching people go through Steins;Gate the first time is pretty awesome. My first time through was a pretty memorable experience, it's definitely in my Top 3 for 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom