• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to watch Strike the Blood, I'd watch Campione or Toaru Majutsu no Index instead. At least I like the protagonists in those shows.

edit: just to point it out, i got pretty far in STB, but the show went nowhere and the "s-senpai you pervert!" and "senpai this is OUR fight" scenes happened EVERY. FUCKING. EPISODE. Who in their right minds thought adding 2-3 tsunderes in the same show was a good idea. Also best girl (blonde whats her face) was clearly not going to win.

wonzo

Banned
daily reminder were still waiting for sakamoto

sakamotoswag3.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What it really needs are fake subs as he crawls out. "Whew, that was close." -> "Time to post again!" -> BANNED
You can also add Bish's face and a set of notes explaining that the pillar represents the ban stick and the flames are the chaos his flaming has caused.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought the guy getting pwnt by the pillar was chickdigger.
That's a good point. The identity of the lad could lead to confusion. You should probably put a coolface.jpg over his face so that viewers of the gif realise that the running chap represents a troll. Also put the neogaf logo on his shirt so they know he is posting on neogaf. That should clear things up.

That's a good point. The identity of the lad could lead to confusion. You should probably put a coolface.jpg over his face so that viewers of the gif realise that the running chap represents a troll. Also put the neogaf logo on his shirt so they know he is posting on neogaf. That should clear things up.

There also needs to be a watermark on the top-left hand corner that tells us who made the gif. We can't have people from other websites using this gif for their banning incidents.

Finalow

lol.
k, gotta watch Another.

Been doing a fuckton of traveling the past week (so many professors and graduate schools, so little time), so while on my flights I've been churning through my Mushi-shi DVDs and decided to Marathon the last bit of the show.

Mushi-shi cut
I'm watching the last episode right now. I really enjoyed this show.
I already read some parts of the manga so I'm going to read it completely after I finish this, I'm also going to watch the OVA. after that I'm probably going to check some other works from Yuki Urushibara.

in any case, after all of that ^ I think I'll be ready for season 2.

Nobunaga the Fool Episode 10 – Temperance
tumblr_n2k13uOjJx1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n2k13uOjJx1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Either Im good at predicting episodes or they just know what I wanted. This was a perfect episode for focusing on balance and harmony.
Hide getting a war armor of his own and even taking up a great Regalia to augment it to be rather powerful. Excellent. He deserved it. I can also imagine a situation that arises in which he would take the place of Nobu if Nobu is ever taken uout. The killing intent almost suggest it.

AXIS cut in perfectly.

How is Chunibyo? Someone recommended it to me so I'm a bit curious.

Drastically different from the original two volume LN series. Spoilers?
I was surprised how the plot changed so much with all the anime original characters Kyo-ani decided to add in. The anime adaptation could probably be considered almost all anime original content.
I heard there is going to be a third LN coming out soon, but cannot find any product listings online. Unless this is of course some Blu-ray/DVD novel bonus.

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 9

For a I second I thought I was entering into RIP Nagisa territory while watching this. What I got is a a good graduation episode. Seriously, is there any other studio that does them better than KyoAni?

Articalys

HappinessCharge Precure 7I think though... part of the episode rubs me the wrong way. Hime talks about how Megumi is always bailing her out, and it also happens in the battle. I'd probably dismiss this remark if it wasn't for the fact that I disregarded how Megumi's mother acted, only to be proven wrong. I think here, when Megumi says she needs Hime to be strong, it doesn't sound kind. Rather, it sounds like a condescending remark.
Now that I've watched the episode, I kind of agree with this. I know they always have to make the lead cure the strongest, but it's still a tad irritating. And all the other cures never get their real "I can be strong on my own" episodes until later in the season, I think.

Still more tolerable than Mana though, for now.

Mushishi 2
This was a pretty episode. The stuff Mushi can do is interesting. That second eyelid thing and the stream of light in the "true darkness" was cool.

Mushishi 3
The variety of mushi is pretty interesting. Makes it seem more scientific like the variety of species The resolution was fairly sweet
even if it was discovered from the mother's death

Mushishi 4
The first sad episode. Though at least the guy survived. All your dreams becoming real is a pretty scary prospect

Narag

Space Dandy 10

MIsuWn8l.jpg

QavzJxcl.png

BprEyY7l.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if it was drawn over reference photos but it's still neat to see good mechanical art.

Right in the feels. I dig this sort of universal tale and it scratches the same itch that episode 5 and the Laika segment then. Unsurprisingly, I think those are going to be my favorite parts of the show. Good balance of drama & comedy and a much needed bit of depth finally given to Meow.
I was especially glad it was his father that came through as he was the one making the real sacrifice there.

Now that I've watched the episode, I kind of agree with this. I know they always have to make the lead cure the strongest, but it's still a tad irritating. And all the other cures never get their real "I can be strong on my own" episodes until later in the season, I think.

Still more tolerable than Mana though, for now.

Maybe she's just getting too into the mood because her antics are done to pretty much shit on several Cures... like Cure Sword.... and the GoGos actually...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hajime no Ippo episode 23
Brain damage is a terrible thing.

Would like to expand on this with what I wrote in the ippo rising thread
Guys I would like to really bring attention to nekota's voiceactor, if you notice when his brain damage started getting more pronounced, the way old current nekota speak's started creeping in more and more, it isnt totally there but you can tell if you paid attention to the way his speech pattern and accent is in this episode and then listen to him in the last episode, its a very eery and depressing thing, nekota is basically taking on a different personality infront of his friend's eyes.

cajunator

Banned
Space Dandy 10

Right in the feels. I dig this sort of universal tale and it scratches the same itch that episode 5 and the Laika segment then. Unsurprisingly, I think those are going to be my favorite parts of the show. Good balance of drama & comedy and a much needed bit of depth finally given to Meow.
I was especially glad it was his father that came through as he was the one making the real sacrifice there.

Looks very similar to the metal lathe I used to work with. Those can kill you if you arent careful with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom