• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Non Non Biyori 5

Welp, Hotaru is the most well-endowed 5th-grader I've seen.

ibefiSPjMlbRoq.jpg

Another fun episode, and Natsumi continues to be my favorite character. That red pepper.

Ezalc

Golden Time 2

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Didn't think the Samba club would have competition but damn, Tea club looks awesome, Matsuri club seems alright, and the laid-back club sounds fun as well.

Funny how Tada actually stops for a second to question Caga's intention when she said what she did. It's funny trying to think that a girl who's supposedly ridiculously good looking and wealthy feeling invisible. As she passes most dudes probably stop to do a double take. The whole thing about her having an aura about being unaproachable is really interesting, since just a while ago I was thinking of something like this. Is it because she's so good looking that guys are afraid to speak to her because she'd be "out of their league" or because she'd be arrogant due to beauty? I'm sure something similar could be said if the genders were switched as well. I didn't think the show would touch on something like that but I'm glad it did.

Kind of want to see when Tada will just move from pitying her and kind of distracting her from Yana to activelly pursuing her as shown in the OP. Can't help but feel sorry for Linda as well.

Eureka Seven 9

This was going to be a total "holy shit" episode but then I just got really confused as to what was going on.
So Renton apparently finds it amazing that Eureka decided to not slaughter innocent people? And there was some thing about her changing or not changing that didn't really make any sense. Also I'm guessing those kids must be having that "mentally blocking out traumatic events" thing I've heard about. She does pretty well for someone that murdered their parents in cold blood.

Basically I learned that Renton is a huge jackass that puts getting laid over
atoning for the sins of murdering scores of innocent people.

Toradora 6

First time I noticed JC Staff made this. I like the stories they usually do but I usually found the art lacking and for most anime they make I could tell you it was JC Staff who made it. Not this one though (which is a good thing).

Honestly with this show almost every single episode has been fun and a great watch. Really hard to imagine a bad episode at this point. Finally learned how to actually say and spell Minorin's name. Glad I got that down. And now we see that what Ami's personality is all about. Dat ending though. Good for Ryuji,
he finally has some girls and friends who look past his intimidating looks and like him
. Finally getting what he wants, the good and bad of what that entails.

Zeppeli

Banned
Toradora 6

First time I noticed JC Staff made this. I like the stories they usually do but I usually found the art lacking and for most anime they make I could tell you it was JC Staff who made it. Not this one though (which is a good thing).

Honestly with this show almost every single episode has been fun and a great watch. Really hard to imagine a bad episode at this point. Finally learned how to actually say and spell Minorin's name. Glad I got that down. And now we see that what Ami's personality is all about. Dat ending though. Good for Ryuji,
he finally has some girls and friends who look past his intimidating looks and like him
. Finally getting what he wants, the good and bad of what that entails.

So Toradora is good? I was put off after watching the dub trailer. The premise sounded silly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Toradora is good? I was put off after watching the dub trailer. The premise sounded silly.

I'd imagine you don't much care for romcoms in general, then. Because as good as Toradora is (and it's fucking great), there's not much separating its premise from most every other romcom out there.

Its a RomCom. Of course the premise sounds silly. I still want to watch this dubbed though. The subs don't do a bad job it's just the English voice cast sounds on point.

I like it so take that for what it's worth. Which probably isn't much in AnimeGAF's eyes seeing as how I like RomCom's and Key adaptations.

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 11

Cat arc goooo.

Turning into a cat monster and sucking out people's souls is a good form of stress relief. Expert tested, doctor approved!

New OP. Animation is meh, but song is pretty good. Monkey OP is still best.

Articalys

I still need to go back and watch all the not-Hotaru parts of Non Non Biyori. Should go find that guide that was posted in this thread a bit ago so I know what to avoid.

Lurky

Bakemonogatari 11

Cat arc goooo.

Turning into a cat monster and sucking out people's souls is a good form of stress relief. Expert tested, doctor approved!

My favorite is actually Senjougahara's OP. Monkey OP is okay too though. I think from that season, the only OP I didn't like was Hachikuji's.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Bakemonogatari 11

Cat arc goooo.

why didnt anyone tell me you were watching the best harem series ever

Toradora 7

A few sweet moments between Taiga and Ryuji with one scene that... well happened. (pool scene; those who watched know what I mean)

I love the ribbing between Taiga and Ami. It's always funny. Minorin is still hilarious in the short time she was on (she never gets enough screen time). The story feels like it's advancing now with characters and their relationships with one another. So it feels like the show has established what it wanted and is now moving forward with it which is a plus in my book.

The first half of the OP has actually grown on me with the second part is still weird. I wish they chose a different song for the OP. JC Staff are usually a lot better with their OP's. So it's unusual for me to not really get into a OP. It's throwing me off.

Edit: Staff. I meant to say JC Staff. Lol I am tired.

Zeppeli

Banned
SS Monogatari Episode 9

But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill. “No! I must kill the demons.” she shouted. The radio said
“No, Shinobu. You are the demons.”

Benio has given me laughs and that's all I have wanted from that character. I like the back and forth with Mashiro and her. The show wouldn't be as entertaining as it is without her.

Why play softball with creeper? Just call her a pedophile.

Might as well. It's not like her character does anything other than go after little girls.

Benio has given me laughs and that's all I have wanted from that character. I like the back and forth with Mashiro and her. The show wouldn't be as entertaining as it is without her.
I don't find her funny. And she's only good for one joke, which is repeated ad-nauseum every episode.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 7
The first half of the OP has actually grown on me with the second part is still weird. I wish they chose a different song for the OP. JC Works are usually a lot better with their OP's. So it's unusual for me to not really get into a OP. It's throwing me off.

Yeah...it's taken me a long time to admit that I really don't care for the first OP at all. The second OP is waaaaaaaaay better, though.

Zeppeli

Banned
After Nise and the start of Monogatari S2 I despaired that the series wasn't even worth watching. Thankfully I stuck around.

I don't know what they were thinking trying to make catgirl the main character for an arc. But
Shinobu and Araragi apocalypse OTP
makes it all better.

I don't find her funny. And she's only good for one joke, which is repeated ad-nauseum every episode.

Not saying you're wrong. Everyone has an opinion, good or bad, on every character ever created.

I just personally like her. I like that brand of humor. I can also see why some might not like her. She can be obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom