• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texhnolyze 19

94aFwIH.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
We should just convince Harada/Namco-Bandai to do an iDOLM@STER fighter. I'd give them my money right now.

Having Yukiho apologizing after every blow she deals is just too good to pass up. Have them implement a tag mode a la TTT2 and it would be the GOTF.

I don't know about Iori, but Makoto could totally kick Heihachi's arse.
Now just get all the iDOLS in there!
If anyone it should be Azusa.
Best girl.
What does K-ON have to do with Bandai Namco?
If only they were. Fuck you Sega!
Finally "The king of the Idol fist" saga begins.
I'd be down for that.
Don't you remember what Nintendo game he is helping to work on?
Yes, but I figured no one but us would get it.
Nah Iori was a good pick. I'd get Street Fighter vibes if he went with her.

Tekken vs Street Fighter!!

Amnesia 08

Eh, this week's boyfriend is pretty dull. Still better than boyfriend #2, but worse than boyfriend #3.

I do want to know more of the plot at this point instead of boyfriend time spending and why everything in the world is out to kill the otome lead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, but I figured no one but us would get it.

I suppose you're right since no one else commented on it. I still say Namco will ask if they can lend Haruka as a character in an effort to use Smash Bros as a vehicle to introduce iDOLM@STER to the West. I mean, this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Sakurai's PA or anything. I just hear things on grape vines and what not.

Ultimadrago

Haruka is Sakurai's waifu btw. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Hmm, this sounds like a pairing you set up!

Would you believe that my girl Jun is still #1 on the character request poll for TekkenxStreet Fighter? Feels good man.

So, how about that Mokujin!

...Anyone?

We should just convince Harada/Namco-Bandai to do an iDOLM@STER fighter. I'd give them my money right now.
Now just get all the iDOLS in there!

I'd buy that.

I suppose you're right since no one else commented on it. I still say Namco will ask if they can lend Haruka as a character in an effort to use Smash Bros as a vehicle to introduce iDOLM@STER to the West. I mean, this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Sakurai's PA or anything. I just hear things on grape vines and what not.

If that was to happen I'd buy like 10 of them. Even if it is Haruka. At least you didn't say Miki...

SDBurton

I knew about it I just try not to think on it as its probably the reason why we have yet to hear anything about TxSF.

Ultimadrago

Hey, I wasn't trying to be mean haha. I'd still buy it, like I said.

Hah, I know you weren't. Just teasin'~.

I'd have to sell my house if they localized Idolmaster 2, all dat dlc
Knowing Namco all they will do is release iDOLM@STER 2 on Wii U for Japan only. Easiest of the three new systems to port to, no need to localise obviously and they'll have an excuse for more DLC, Nintendo themed costumes.

One kazillion dollars.

Shergal

Hyouka 2 (Rewatch)

As much as I love this show, this episode is not very strong. The little nuances that expanded the world and added to the atmosphere are much scarcer this time, and the storyboard and overall direction were much stronger for the opener. That's not really surprising considering the amount of effort typically put into the first episode of something. Takemoto storyboarded 1, 2 and 22, and I'm guessing he didn't have the space or necessity to put much effort into episode 2.

KOa9D8N.jpg

Oreki makes nice exasperated faces.

The animation was still top-notch, and while the sakkan for this episode (Miku Kadowaki) is certainly not Nishiya, he's really good. This episode didn't have very much in the way of insane compositing and colour choices, but compensated with a lot of character-defining acting. The body language and way of expression are very unique to each character, and this helps them develop a believable and memorable personality in the long run. Of course, Mayaka was the focus of the sakuga this time, since it's her introductory episode and all.

aGt7Tsm.jpg

Payback time, motherfucker.

There's also the thing about the meat of this episode being a boring mystery with no human element (unlike most of Hyouka mysteries) and little potential even as a vehicle for the characters. This ends up in the middle part dragging a bit and feeling very slow.
The staff seems to be aware of the expected perception many people were going to have of the show, lol.

I still liked the introductory part with the letter montage, and the end part had more solid storyboarding than most of the episode, using some typical but effective visual cues.

MsUXl5r.jpg

That coffee also looks delicious.

BluWacky

Can someone explain the posts with the name of an episode and a pic? I want to know so I can participate *.*

They're just reviews. People put the name of the episode, and then use at least one picture, before making a comment about the episode they've just watched.

Sometimes they're detailed; sometimes they're one-liners that make no sense to anyone who hasn't seen the episode.

That's all!

Kyon

Banned
They're just reviews. People put the name of the episode, and then use at least one picture, before making a comment about the episode they've just watched.

Sometimes they're detailed; sometimes they're one-liners that make no sense to anyone who hasn't seen the episode.

That's all!

Oh alright thank you!

Is your avi BellDandy from A Megami-Sama by any chance? Kind of looks like her but not sure

cajunator

Banned
Can someone explain the posts with the name of an episode and a pic? I want to know so I can participate *.*

People like to do reviews, both long and short, of an episode.
I'm going to post something about Futari Wa Precure episode 27 in a little while once I finish it (had to sleep off some exhaustion from my 12 hour worknight first. )

CorvoSol

So I'm almost done with Rin-ne no Lagrange and I've been watching it subbed, but now I found a dub. Should I switch anime GAF? Usually I don't, but I DO prefer watching dubs to subs (mostly because I'm a lazy schlub and reading and listening is too much work for me.)

SDBurton

So I'm almost done with Rin-ne no Lagrange and I've been watching it subbed, but now I found a dub. Should I switch anime GAF? Usually I don't, but I DO prefer watching dubs to subs (mostly because I'm a lazy schlub and reading and listening is too much work for me.)

Stick to subs.

The anime hasnt fully been dubbed yet, so you might as well watch the sub.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER 13

Now this was a great episode. Not really much else to say, I guess. Just an all-around great episode. Was kinda surprised that
we didn't get to see Ryuguu Komachi perform, but I guess the episode wasn't really about them
. Good stuff, though. Can't wait to see if the new OP is as good as Ready! was.

The iDOLM@STER 13

Now this was a great episode. Not really much else to say, I guess. Just an all-around great episode. Was kinda surprised that
we didn't get to see Ryuguu Komachi perform, but I guess the episode wasn't really about them
. Good stuff, though. Can't wait to see if the new OP is as good as Ready! was.

L@dy >>>>>>> Chen-G

CorvoSol

The 08th MS Team 1

So I'm starting 3 new Gundam shows today. I probably won't watch all of them all the way at once because I haven't time for that with my school work and small social life (I go outside sometimes!) but this is the first, and my continuation of the UC timeline. 8th MS team's animation makes me feel it belongs somewhere around the time of Gundam Wing, but character designs make me unsure, as the characters seem more anime than Wing's, if that makes any sense. Whatever the case, it looks 90s.

Judging from the opening credits, and the show's cocky beginning, I'm guessing we're going to learn about Viet Nam here, what with the jungles and camo, and muddy rivers. I fully expect people to die frequently and gruesomely.

This is all going on while Amuro is out there in the RK67 or whatever fighting Char, I assume. It's nice to see that here, the Gundam was reproduced. Perhaps not MP'd, the way the Guncannon seems to have been (minus its cannons) in whatever those units are (they look like Strike Daggers from SEED). In anycase, our hero met the lady from the Zeon side and I guess we're in for some Romeo and Juliet as well.

Not bad, though. Worst case scenario it's only like, 12 episodes long, I think.

Narag

The 08th MS Team 1

So I'm starting 3 new Gundam shows today. I probably won't watch all of them all the way at once because I haven't time for that with my school work and small social life (I go outside sometimes!) but this is the first, and my continuation of the UC timeline. 8th MS team's animation makes me feel it belongs somewhere around the time of Gundam Wing, but character designs make me unsure, as the characters seem more anime than Wing's, if that makes any sense. Whatever the case, it looks 90s.

Judging from the opening credits, and the show's cocky beginning, I'm guessing we're going to learn about Viet Nam here, what with the jungles and camo, and muddy rivers. I fully expect people to die frequently and gruesomely.

This is all going on while Amuro is out there in the RK67 or whatever fighting Char, I assume. It's nice to see that here, the Gundam was reproduced. Perhaps not MP'd, the way the Guncannon seems to have been (minus its cannons) in whatever those units are (they look like Strike Daggers from SEED). In anycase, our hero met the lady from the Zeon side and I guess we're in for some Romeo and Juliet as well.

Not bad, though. Worst case scenario it's only like, 12 episodes long, I think.

Just a forewarning the director dies somewhere in the middle and there's a tonal shift. Not a bad one but different from the start.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Change!!! is a good song, especially considering the 2nd OP curse, but, yeah, in the end READY!!! is the better of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom