• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You also get the free DLC if you have the cartridge version of 2048, right?

The free DLC is based on your purchase of WipeoutHD and Fury from the PlayStation Store, if both are in your purchase history they will be available to download for whatever version of 2048 you have.

Dunan

Loving the intuitiveness of some of the touch screen stuff. Touch the grid icon, and you're in that race. Want to change from Novice to Skilled or Elite? Just touch the icon on the screen with the race's details, and pick the difficulty level that fits you. Next time I play HD on the PS3, I'll probably be pressing imaginary buttons on my TV and wondering why nothing's happening.

DBT85

is DLC on a wednesday in the UK, we don't need to wait until Friday?

I think the stupid "UK gets it last haha losers" thing only happens if the item is available at retail as well. If stuff is digital only I'm fairly sure it's been on Wednesday along with the rest of the continent.

Perkel

Banned
Loving the intuitiveness of some of the touch screen stuff. Touch the grid icon, and you're in that race. Want to change from Novice to Skilled or Elite? Just touch the icon on the screen with the race's details, and pick the difficulty level that fits you. Next time I play HD on the PS3, I'll probably be pressing imaginary buttons on my TV and wondering why nothing's happening.

Thats how developers should use hardware features.

Backpanel also works ! It isn't helping but sure it looks nice

web01

I still can't believe this free, FREE!

I hope they recoup the cost of making the DLC.

It was already made they just had to make it VITA compatible.
And if you own it on PS3 there is no reason to play the DLC again on a gimped version of Wipeout.

Give us the 2048 levels for PS3 then I will be interested, sadly it wont happen because that would actually take effort.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
And if you own it on PS3 there is no reason to play the DLC again on a gimped version of Wipeout.

Give us the 2048 levels for PS3 then I will be interested, sadly it wont happen because that would actually take effort.

I guess so, still must of cost them a few quid though.

The reason I'll be playing them again is purely because it's portable, I often take my Vita to work with me and I love the HD and Fury tracks so being able to play them out and about is quite cool.

SmokyDave

The 'Negative Nancy' award goes to web01 for managing to find a fleck of shit in a lake of liquid gold. Well done!

FGMPR

Banned
So they ported all the HD and fury tracks to the vita version.

Give me the vita tracks on ps3, I don't have a vita.

If it makes you feel any better, the HD/Fury tracks are significantly better than the 2048 ones.

Props to Sony for this move though. It's a fantastic surprise.

Yeah, because Studio Liverpool doesn't ever put effort into anything

/sarcasm

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
what... what button has EMP been mapped to in Detonator? I'm on Wipeout controls and... i am failing..

edit: ah, up on the right analog stick. Could done with a tutorial message there Studio Liverpool. Hell, people will have no clue what to do in Zone Battle if theres no tutorial screens!¬

As much as I love this free dlc (it's delicious) I can't help but notice the severe polygonal differences... I've been spoiled by the PS3 showing of Wipeout.

Shit!

I just got home and went to download the DLC, Fury was fine but the HD pack was still priced normally?!

Now i checked my download history and it hasnt got Wipeout HD anywhere, even though i own the game?!

I got worried that i got the game from the US store some how so i checked that and still no download history, plus i do have the Fury pack from the UK PS+ deal and it works fine on my copy of HD.

Not sure what to do, who should i contact regarding this would people say?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shit!

I just got home and went to download the DLC, Fury was fine but the HD pack was still priced normally?!

Now i checked my download history and it hasnt got Wipeout HD anywhere, even though i own the game?!

I got worried that i got the game from the US store some how so i checked that and still no download history, plus i do have the Fury pack from the UK PS+ deal and it works fine on my copy of HD.

Not sure what to do, who should i contact regarding this would people say?

That's what I'm worried about. I bought most of my stuff from the us store in the early days.

That's what I'm worried about. Tbh if you bought HD from the US store it's tough shit, you'll have to pay for the DLC

Thats the thing, i have never bought anything from the US store, other than free stuff so it shouldnt be from that.

I just dont know, very confusing :(

SmokyDave

Woohoo. Downloading the DLC now. I really need to get around to grabbing a 32GB card, constantly juggling shit on my 8GB is getting annoying.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
they want me to call.. no thanks, guess ill just skip it altogether, pretty bummed but fuck it. i have €15 in my psn acc but im saving that for soundshapes.

Twinduct

I should really get Wipeout 2048 :/
Waiting for a sale.

On topic, I can download the DLC! Doubt I'll be able to use it until I get me a copy of 2048.

how would i even prove i bought it if its not in my purchase history?.

i dont want to look like a scammer/beggar lol

Yet it seems to be a problem that multiple people are having, so they may have gotten numerous calls already from people. So it can't hurt. Worst case, they say no and you're back to where you started. Plus, the PSN e-mails you a purchase receipt everytime you buy something. You should have that, unless you delete them.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
see, i was not being stupid.

guy basically thought i was a liar.

i had to get him to pick up his vita and read the text specifically that says its free if you own it on ps3 (im sure he didnt read it cause he sounded like he STILL didnt believe me)

when i mentioned the twitter Holland account that is official from sony he said they dont tweet in his office, so i told him to check the blog.

basically what it boils down too: Be patient, well contact sony UK and see what we can do.

I already feel like ill get jack shit.

and i cant prove i bought it cause i dont have the email and its not in my history list.

There were glitches getting it to work on the US store yesterday. This may be carry-over from that.

It wouldnt let me download it at all, pay or not, for several hours. And then all of a sudden it worked and was free (as it should be, i got HD and fury at each launch on that account).

And man, Wipeout 2048 is suddenly one of the most content filled racers of all time now. And the HD/Fury tracks actually look cleaner/brighter/more awesome on that OLED.

see, i was not being stupid.

guy basically thought i was a liar.

i had to get him to pick up his vita and read the text specifically that says its free if you own it on ps3 (im sure he didnt read it cause he sounded like he STILL didnt believe me)

when i mentioned the twitter Holland account that is official from sony he said they dont tweet in his office, so i told him to check the blog.

basically what it boils down too: Be patient, well contact sony UK and see what we can do.

I already feel like ill get jack shit.

and i cant prove i bought it cause i dont have the email and its not in my history list.

How is it not in your history list? Freaking demos i downloaded in 2006 are still in my history list.

Are you sure you didn't get it free through PS+ or something?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Have you checked all your PSN accounts? Maybe you got it with the Welcome Back program on a different account.

ive owned the game since 2008. my ps3 broke last year and i was able to redl it on my new ps3, yet its nowhere to be found now. weird as hell. and yes i deactivated everything before redling on new ps3

maybe ill just buy it later, first ill see what comes out of this.

im not one to fool/mess with people.

blackflag

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get this for free on the Vita. I finally remembered that my version of HD and Fury was bought way back when you could share PSN games with 5 people. I pitched in money but it wasn't actually purchased on my account. Looks like I have to buy it.

$13 for all of that content is an absolute steal.

But for the guys who do own it, atleast talk to sony. They're actually more helpful than I assumed. I was rather pissed off when a couple games i bought one week as part of their ultimate sale were free on PSN+ the next... and they refunded me. I was shocked.

Massa

ive owned the game since 2008. my ps3 broke last year and i was able to redl it on my new ps3, yet its nowhere to be found now. weird as hell. and yes i deactivated everything before redling on new ps3

maybe ill just buy it later, first ill see what comes out of this.

im not one to fool/mess with people.

If the game doesn't appear on your download list or it doesn't appear as purchased on the PS Store on the PS3 then that's the problem you should contact Sony about. Mentioning the Vita DLC shouldn't be necessary and will only confuse the situation, as you already witnessed.

Try to find out the date you bought the game and then contact them. You can do that by searching your e-mail for the purchase confirmation they send you when you buy stuff on the Store.

It seems other people actually had this problem with this particular game disappearing from their account.

Omiee

i accessed my download list on the vita and wipeout hd is there but when i go to fury or wipeout 2048 or what ever it only says the price, i cant download it for free.

Omiee

o wait so if im getting this right i can download wipeout hd pack for wiepout 2048 for free but i still need to have wipeout 2048 for my vita?

hmm i dont own it anymore, need to buy it again i guess.

Top Bottom