• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

I do really hope they do this project justice and not omit the 2048 intro for the sake of parity with HD and Fury's lack thereof. The window dressing for these games is really quite important and establishes the atmosphere and content superbly.

Deimo5

I wouldn't mind if they made a new special intro integrating all the games into it but who knows what they will do

How nany tracks are we getting compared to how many are in HD/Fury/2048? I wondered if any of the DLC tracks from Pure and Pulse will make up the numbers.

Deimo5

How nany tracks are we getting compared to how many are in HD/Fury/2048? I wondered if any of the DLC tracks from Pure and Pulse will make up the numbers.

They said 'more than 26 unique tracks', I don't think there is a final number yet. Racing on Paris Hair and Burgertown would be fun lol but I doubt it.

I'd love to see some of the Pulse DLC tracks included; Gemini Dam and Orcus were among some of my favorites, and I feel like most players have never seen them before (given the pretty limited release of Pulse's DLC)

oh what a wonderful

EDIT: although what the fuck, why no career modes from HD and Fury, that was like all i played :(

Apologies for the bump - no new information here - but was am quoting my own post to see if anybody has info on this. Was just replaying some 2048 - amazing tracks, I cannot wait to see some HD 60fps footage - and got curious about whether or not Sony had clarified the wording of the initial press release. In the blog post they only specify "career mode from 2048" which seems to indicate no HD or Fury campaigns.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Have we had any confirmation from Sony this will get a physical release?

I've only seen the Eurogamer blurb mentioning it but they don't source it at all, and everybody always refers back to that when saying "yes it's confirmed."

Kemal86

2048 is the only one I managed to Platinum so I agree haha!

My online progress kept being wiped. I'd just start up the game and...bam...online campaign reset to zero. After it happened three times, I gave up. Sadness. Really love the game.

Elandyll

Banned
Love Wip3out, and can't wait for this release.

This being said, I can't even fathom how much the Wip3Out clones/ futuristic racers have missed the boat by now on PS4.
There's definitely an audience that I imagine is chomping at the bits for a Wip3out-like racer, and the PS4 has been pretty much ignored by them so far.

RedOut
Distance
Grip
Fast Racing Neo (Nano Assault Neo X did make it on PS4 after all)

One game in particular whose devs should have really tried to make it on PS4 before this summer is R8 Games for Formula Fusion. Being previous Wipeout devs only makes it rougher imo. Hopefully they make it before the summer.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Don't think it's been mentioned and I'd highly doubt it - first time 2048 runs at HD/4K and 60fps and lots of texture work being re done.

I'd appreciate some kind of discount for buying all the content on Vita and PS3 already. I can understand some kind of cost associated with an upgrade to the PS4 version for all the extra work.

Deimo5

Love Wip3out, and can't wait for this release.

This being said, I can't even fathom how much the Wip3Out clones/ futuristic racers have missed the boat by now on PS4.
There's definitely an audience that I imagine is chomping at the bits for a Wip3out-like racer, and the PS4 has been pretty much ignored by them so far.

RedOut
Distance
Grip
Fast Racing Neo (Nano Assault Neo X did make it on PS4 after all)

One game in particular whose devs should have really tried to make it on PS4 before this summer is R8 Games for Formula Fusion. Being previous Wipeout devs only makes it rougher imo. Hopefully they make it before the summer.

These are all coming to PS4 eventually besides Fast Racing Neo, right? Just too bad it is taking a while.

Torgo

Thanks - my god it looks so spectacular. I cannot wait to see 2048 - no footage exists of that yet correct?

This is really early stuff too. The Producer said to expect much higher resolution textures, much better lighting, and some snazzy particle effects.

I'm honestly gonna be kind of annoyed if HD Fury and 2048 are kept as two separate games instead of being integrated into one big gorgeous campaign.

Vitacat

Holy shit I just had an erection at work. This looks (and sounds!) amazing. HOLY SHIT

Yeah, looks and SOUNDS amazing.

F-Zero is still my favorite futuristic racer, but Nintendo seems to have buried that franchise. I'll be buying this Wipeout collection for sure, though.

Elandyll

Banned
These are all coming to PS4 eventually besides Fast Racing Neo, right? Just too bad it is taking a while.
Supposedly... Shin'en is staying mum ("no comment") on Fast Racing Neo, due - I imagine- to their close relationship to Nintendo, probably counting on a successful port to Switch.

I read Redout is even supposed to have a retail version now, and is aiming for 2017, but no fixed date yet.
I hope for them it isn't close to Wipeout, because I have to have my Wipeout :)

Vitacat

Supposedly... Shin'en is staying mum ("no comment") on Fast Racing Neo, due - I imagine- to their close relationship to Nintendo, probably counting on a successful port to Switch.

Fast RMX looks fantastic on Switch. Available at launch and only $20, with something like twice the content of the WiiU game. If I can manage to pickup a Switch this Thursday, I am buying Fast RMX day one.

Torgo

Is this 60fps on a base PS4?

Yes. I was told that the only additions the Pro would have is 4K resolution (they're trying for native 4K, but who knows) and possibly more particle effects and better lighting/filtering. Again though, this was in December, so any of that could have changed by now even.

mindatlarge

Not a huge fan of more traditional style racing games, though I do really enjoy the Wipeout series and games like it. Will be picking this up whenever they release it.

yurinka

I'd appreciate some kind of discount for buying all the content on Vita and PS3 already. I can understand some kind of cost associated with an upgrade to the PS4 version for all the extra work.
Is there any remastered game where they offered a discount? I bet they won't do it.

The most similar thing I remember was to offer Wipeout HD DLC content for Wipeout 2048 if you had the PS3 game.

Agent X

I'd love to see some of the Pulse DLC tracks included; Gemini Dam and Orcus were among some of my favorites, and I feel like most players have never seen them before (given the pretty limited release of Pulse's DLC)

That would be awesome.

In the US, we didn't get the Wipeout Pulse DLC at all. That was a shame, since Wipeout Pure had a shocking amount of awesome (and free!) DLC.

I'm honestly gonna be kind of annoyed if HD Fury and 2048 are kept as two separate games instead of being integrated into one big gorgeous campaign.

I don't know if they would do that for "campaign", since 2048 and HD/Fury occur at different points in the Wipeout timeline.

Aside from the campaign, though, they should combine features from both games for all of the other modes. Wipeout 2048 on Vita is sorely lacking "racebox" mode (i.e. custom races). I'd love it if this game would have a comprehensive racebox mode that encompasses the vehicles, tracks, and modes from both games.

Melchiah

Yes. I was told that the only additions the Pro would have is 4K resolution (they're trying for native 4K, but who knows) and possibly more particle effects and better lighting/filtering. Again though, this was in December, so any of that could have changed by now even.

Any word about supersampling on 1080p displays?

Top Bottom