• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Can't really wrap my head around the fact that I played wipeout 20 years ago with "firestarter" in constant rotation. I remember it like it was yesterday.

DBT85

Native 4k????

Trailer itself says dynamic 4k, so same as HD did on PS3.

I honestly sat and gave this a good long think, and I have had some incredibly insane ideas in mind. Like, I feel like it's going to hurt NOT to do them. But I have no way to legally execute them for anyone but myself :) and If I wanted to take it upon myself to make a proposal, I don't really know who or how I could ask...it would take an act of Sony at this point (up to now, all the official themes we've done were due to companies seeking out us).

I'd drop everything to do it though. :)

Surely there are people in the position on this forum that are able contact certain people working on it to make that official request?

Vally

I'm really curious to see how the tracks from 2048 look in this collection. The scenery on some of the tracks is stunning

LkOT2f0.jpg

5zZEwvg.jpg

Dio

Banned
Considering ps3 version was 1080p 60 fps

Wwhat to expect from ps4 and ps4 pro versions?

It was dynamic 1080p, not full all the time.

It changed resolutions based on what was going on onscreen to keep the framerate at 60.

I can at least expect this to stay a solid 1080p at all times and a solid 60fps at all times, and have a "4k mode" that uses the same tech but for 4k, not 1080p.

Izuna

Banned
Okay, NOW I want a PS4

edit: oh... ;( HD, Fury and 2048

aka...

Okay, Poop, and Super Short and Easy

I thought this was like a super duper collection or something

yurinka

more than 26 unique tracks and 46 unique ship models
PS blog mention this, but as I remember HD, Fury and 2048 have 18 tracks combined.

This means WipEout Omega would feature at least 8 new tracks, or at least Pure/Pulse tracks not included in HD/Fury. Not sure about the ships, but maybe it's the same case.

Curufinwe

PS blog mention this, but as I remember HD, Fury and 2048 have 18 tracks combined.

This means WipEout Omega would feature at least 8 new tracks, or at least Pure/Pulse tracks not included in HD/Fury. Not sure about the ships, but maybe it's the same case.

Does 2048 onlyy have six tracks?

HD Fury has 12.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Do we know who is developing this? Would be nice to have some older tracks in there as well, but it's understandable that they would need a lot more work bring up to modern fidelity.

Also, I barely played 2048 because of the 30 second load times so really looking forward to getting to know those tracks inside and out.

Oppo

Thank you thank you thank you!

Do we know who is developing this? Would be nice to have some older tracks in there as well, but it's understandable that they would need a lot more work bring up to modern fidelity.

Also, I barely played 2048 because of the 30 second load times so really looking forward to getting to know those tracks inside and out.

you know - not really, on the fidelity. i mean yeah some work but the way the art direction went, everything is angular and wantonly low poly sometimes, i don't think it would be so tough. relatively speaking.

personally I would want them to improve the ship explosions. Slowing down and then just pooping out of existence was kind of anti-climactic. Those things should explode into 1 million pieces

as for the developers, there are three logos at the front, I think two of them are internal Sony Studios, plus a third-party

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If this has any new content it's an easy day one purchase. But even without that it may be worth it for 2048 in HD at 60 FPS.

STOP IT

i can't

my nostalgia is flaring up

the throw on the 2 analog buttons was preposterous but i loved this thing

I don't even know what Namco originally made it for, but my gods was it perfect for Wipeout.

I do wish they'd throw in some XL tracks to this collection. (I'm not familiar with all of these games so maybe there were some remakes)

Gxgear

It's gonna be my first collection title on PS4, and just my 4th remaster title after GTA V, TLoU, and Gravity Rush.

freefornow

Extremely happy for this.
Would have loved a complete collection. Imagine Wipeout 2097 fully remade/remastered (akin to Crash N Sane).

DBT85

:(. This is what drives me kind of nuts. We used to have a connection that would've born fruit, like, 8 years ago. But everyone has moved on.

Well I sent xdevEurope a tweet. Maybe if a few people jump up and down they might give you a poke. copy pasta or just retweet folks!

https://twitter.com/DBT85/status/805235598164426752

Please someone get in touch with m0dus on #NeoGAF to get some themes made #WipeoutOmegaCollection @SonyXDevEurope http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225942126#post225942126

Top Bottom