• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Upcoming Xbox One Patch To Include 30 FPS Lock

Nice! Great to hear that they can get it locked to 30 on the Xbox One.

Now they better lock the PS4 to 30 as well. They vsync can cause sudden drops to 20 in cutscenes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so
Goddamn
Happy

XB1 is unplayable for me right now otherwise and I was ready to sell it back

I hope camera stutter is also fixed in the upcoming patch. I asked Marcin Momot on Twitter if the camera stutter was fixed in the patch but didn't receive an answer.

Oh god I am so happy, thank you based cdpr. Is there an approximate date for when this patch will be released? And God I hope this fixes the frame pacing.

Oh god I am so happy, thank you based cdpr. Is there an approximate date for when this patch will be released? And God I hope this fixes the frame pacing.

All we know is that the update has been in certification on PS4 and Xbox One. When they pass they will be put out. So it should be sometime this week.

Broank

I honestly haven't had any problems with the frame rate so I hope this doesn't mess it up. Just hope they fix the annoying standby save bug, lost like an hour from that.

xion4360

You do know that's just for cutscenes, right?

well thats not true

when the framedrop drops it sticks to 20 fps for some length of time until it recovers, happens a lot indoors for some reason. Im sure it will be much improved once the patch hits.

Good! Hopefully it really means _ locked _ this time. Pre-patch, how often does it go below 30?
On Xbox one it almost never goes below 30, it stays a bit above 30, but the unlocked framerate causes trouble with frame pacing and gives the game a slight stutter when panning the camera too quickly.

Loakum

Banned
Hopefully the PS4 will get a patch for the frame rate during cut scenes. The frame rate in that Griffin and young Ciri training scenes is Demon's Souls "Blighttown" bad!

Wavebossa

That seems to be most important part.

30fps where every frame last 1/30ths of a second = Good

30fps where 1 frame last 1/3rd (10/30) of a second, and the other 29 have 2/3rds (20/30) of a second to fit in = Bad

Those of us with SLI/Crossfire feel your frame-pacing pain. :(

I honestly haven't had any problems with the frame rate so I hope this doesn't mess it up. Just hope they fix the annoying standby save bug, lost like an hour from that.

Same. I noticed the issue during that early cut scene involving Vesemir, but since, I have over 50 hours logged in with no issues.

Kssio_Aug

Thats awesome! If the game can run at locked 30 most of the times, doesnt make much sense to let it unlocked really. (Or uncapped, whatever term is the right one)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Nice! Great to hear that they can get it locked to 30 on the Xbox One.

Now they better lock the PS4 to 30 as well. They vsync can cause sudden drops to 20 in cutscenes.

It's a cap, you can't lock anything, it's just bad weird choice. If the xb1 dips, it will go below 30.

Noobcraft

Optional? I actually like having the game hit higher framerates in some areas (indoors) because it's noticeably smoother than it is when it hovers around 30 fps.

Fredrik

On Xbox one it almost never goes below 30, it stays a bit above 30, but the unlocked framerate causes trouble with frame pacing and gives the game a slight stutter when panning the camera too quickly.
Sounds promising in that case, locked 30fps could almost make me consider the XB1 version over the PC version just to get to play it on the projector screen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Might be the wrong thread but I just got a patch for the witcher on ps4? Is it the new one already?

1.03 was in certification when the PC patch released last week and they said that takes about a week. look at the patch notes and you tell us what's in it :p

Top Bottom