• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman has surpassed Suicide Squad and BvS domestic Box Office

Slayven

wonder-woman-batman-v-superman.jpg

http://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman-suicide-squad-batman-v-superman-box-office/

There’s no Lasso of Truth like box-office numbers: Wonder Woman is about to conquer Batman, Superman, Harley Quinn and all her Suicide Squad comrades.

As it approaches its fifth weekend in theaters, “Wonder Woman” is set to pass its DC Extended Universe predecessors, “Batman v Superman” and “Suicide Squad,” at the domestic box-office with a $325 million total and counting.

After grossing $3.9 million on Tuesday, “Wonder Woman” is less than $6,000 away from passing “Suicide Squad” and its $325.1 million domestic take. If “Wonder Woman” maintains its current pace, it should pass “BvS” and its $330 million total by the end of Thursday.

BoxOfficeReport.com @BORReport
Wonder Woman grossed an estimated $2.69M on Thursday. 28-Day total stands at $330.53M.#WonderWoman #BoxOffice
8:18 AM - 30 Jun 2017

BoxOfficeReport.com @BORReport
Wonder Woman has passed the $330.36M final gross of Batman v Superman to move into 49th place on the all-time domestic list.#WonderWoman
8:18 AM - 30 Jun 2017

giphy.gif

Immigrants, they get the job done

Wonder Woman passing a BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie is fucking insane. Like if you'd have said that a few years ago everyone would think you crazy.

It's both a testament to how amazing Wonder Woman is and very damning of WB with how badly they fucked up BvS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*slides Black Canary spec script across the table*

It's time, Warner Bros. It's time.

Very happy for the Wonder Woman crew. Well deserved win.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Superman was an immigrant too before John Byrne did the birthing matrix thing and had him born on Earth. Pretty sure current continuity has him as one again.

Anyway, glad to see more audiences embracing this one. It was a brighter tale with more heart and hope.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Wonder Woman passing a BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie is fucking insane. Like if you'd have said that a few years ago everyone would think you crazy.

It's both a testament to how amazing Wonder Woman is and very damning of WB with how badly they fucked up BvS.

Exactly! A movie having Superman AND Batman, that too in todays time, should've had no trouble in crossing 1b, even if it was mediocre.
It had to be another kind of shitty to not earn even 900m.

Slayven

*slides Black Canary spec script across the table*

It's time, Warner Bros. It's time.

Very happy for the Wonder Woman crew. Well deserved win.

*tosses script into the trash, and slides his Dr.light script across the table*
Constance Wu and we will have 750 mill minimum

You could have said that a few weeks ago and everyone would have thought you were crazy. It is most definitely damning of BvS, but also shows that quality matters.

There is no ceiling on DCEU box office.

Marvel better start sweating.

Far many Marvel has yet to make a bad movie, even though trash like Iron Man2/3, Age of Asstron, Thor movies exist, so as long as a large number of people continue to see Marvel as the holy grail of CBMs they will continue to dominate the box office..

Platy

You could have said that a few weeks ago and everyone would have thought you were crazy. It is most definitely damning of BvS, but also shows that quality matters.

It is not just quality, it is the cultural impact of both wonder woman and the FIRST FUCKING DECENT SUPERHEROINE MOVIE

Batman will be better than all the mcu and dceu movies

I don't think marvel has anything to be worried about in box office tho. I still feel like Avengers is the ceiling for either property although a few dceu movies will eventually cross a billion one day

LionPride

Banned
Batman will be better than all the mcu and dceu movies for

I don't think marvel has anything to be worried about in box office tho. I still feel like Avengers is the ceiling for either property although a few dceu movies will eventually cross a billion one day
I thoughy it would be BvS but....

Maybe this Reeves Batman joint which will be amazing hopefully

Wishful thinkong from me Aquaman makes $750 mill

BumRush

Awesome news! I loved the film and the fact that my wife and 3 year old daughter are literally listening to Diana's theme and practicing "sword moves" as we speak!

There is no ceiling on DCEU box office.

Marvel better start sweating.

Why bring this in here?

Boke1879

That's definitely true, but BvS and Squad still made a shit ton of money.

JL will be interesting when it launches later this year.

Top Bottom