• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

LOL @ people thinking that TNA washout Styles can hang with the best striker in the game.

punchy6.gif

1l1Lqcu.gif

IQkZnG5.gif

Truly one of the greats
wow.png

Is this supposed to be PG? This is murder live on camera.

ReiGun

AJ was already a bankable name with casuals and used to working TV regularly due to his time in TNA. Nak was sent to NXT to build cred with WWE's audience (and to work on his English, no doubt).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's so odd that him and AJ came in at the same time basically on the same level but AJ skipped NXT and Nakamura has spent an entire year there.

I think it was to give Nak some time to work on his English. You gotta be able to cut promos if you're going to survive on the main roster.

There's also that thing of him not knowing America, guys. They have lives outside of the business, and changing countries is rough on people who don't even have to tour every week while learning a new style.

AJ was already a bankable name with casuals and used to working TV regularly due to his time in TNA. Nak was sent to NXT to build cred with WWE's audience (and to work on his English, no doubt).

He had already built enough cred after his match WM weekend. He's actually not as hot now as he was then. He already spoke good English, he could have been ready in 2 months at most.

Yet here we are a year later.

Just a question, as I haven't been following the dirt-sheets, but are any of the call-ups/returns in this thread actually rumored/reported, or are we just kind of wish-listing?

The thing about 'Mania is... no matter how mediocre the card, I still always look to it as a "season finale" and naively enjoy the promise of a "new season" essentially starting the next night.

Kaladin

Just a question, as I haven't been following the dirt-sheets, but are any of the call-ups/returns in this thread actually rumored/reported, or are we just kind of wish-listing?

The thing about 'Mania is... no matter how mediocre the card, I still always look to it as a "season finale" and naively enjoy the promise of a "new season" essentially starting the next night.

The Hardy Brothers are heavily rumored to debut either at Mania or after.

ReiGun

He had already built enough cred after his match WM weekend. He's actually not as hot now as he was then. He already spoke good English, he could have been ready in 2 months at most.

Yet here we are a year later.

True.

You also have to remember the other part was NXT's roster got wiped in the last year. They lost so many people to the main roster. So you had guys like Nak, Joe, Tye, etc sticking around longer than was probably needed because until now, there was no one to replace them with as faces of the brand.

fhqwhgads

You talk about stables, if everything comes into play correctly (HHH's stable coming together, AJ going to Raw, Revival get called up) then hopefully we'll get to see something like AJ/Balor/Gallows/Anderson Vs Joe/Owens/Revival doing some power struggle for the titles on Raw. Having Gallows and Anderson retain and Owens win the US title at Mania makes for a good starting point for them to fight over the gold too. Wishful thinking but we can dream.

sora87

He's gonna show up on Monday and say
"Where's AJ"
Then give raw a big L and join Shane the god

Just imagine how great it would have been if instead of the shane bullshit, we got AJ in the ring complaining about how he had no match for mania, it's a travesty that he, the best performer in the world is missing out on the ultimate thrill ride™, then the lights go out and Nakamura's music hits. Such a waste :(

Dazzler

Any updated pics of the stadium? Want to see how the Ultimate Thrill Ride set is progressing

Also, in for the glorious boos when Roman wins. It's the closest we're going to get to trash being thrown in the ring in 2017

Jezbollah

I'm sure Sami Zayn feels good about going from the weekend's best match last year to being in the Battle Royale....

Ithil

I'm sure Sami Zayn feels good about going from the weekend's best match last year to being in the Battle Royale....

Becky was in a highly promoted match that was probably the best of the show last year, is dumped in a pre-show clusterfuck this year.

Becky was in a highly promoted match that was probably the best of the show last year, is dumped in a pre-show clusterfuck this year.

That's the story of WM this year. Full time wrestlers who have carried the brand for the last year now being relegted to shit matches to make way for such 5 Star Matches in the making such as The annual let's set how Shane can try killing himself match, Make Roman Look strong by feeding him the corpse of the Old Man Mark and the Third time is the charm Bork vs Daddy Gasberg.

Kusagari

That's the story of WM this year. Full time wrestlers who have carried the brand for the last year now being relegted to shit matches to make way for such 5 Star Matches in the making such as The annual let's set how Shane can try killing himself match, Make Roman Look strong by feeding him the corpse of the Old Man Mark and the Third time is the charm Bork vs Daddy Gasberg.

I guess for AJ it's not that bad he ends up in the marquee Shane fuckery match instead of on the pre-show In some pointless bullshit.

dream

This is so close to being a perfect parody of the worst of ISEC fans, right down to the juvenile nicknames like "Old Man Mark," "Bork," and "Daddy Gasberg." There's even a mention of "Make Roman Look Strong. All that's missing is something about Cena Winning and LOL. Well done!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need help. Last night I had VIVID dreams where I was hanging out with Pitbull, Flo Rida and Lunch Money Lewis.

Styles Club, Authority 3.0, that Spanish club with Cien Almas, sanity, shield

Seems there could be lots of stables that could form

This is so close to being a perfect parody of the worst of ISEC fans, right down to the juvenile nicknames like "Old Man Mark," "Bork," and "Daddy Gasberg." There's even a mention of "Make Roman Look Strong. All that's missing is something about Cena Winning and LOL. Well done!

Ok there Kevin Dunn.

RkOwnage

2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Braun Stroman

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi

Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles

Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Baron Corbin

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

How does the WWE, that has one of the best talent pools it's ever had, put on such a terrible card for Mania?

Why does a title need to be involved in Oldberg Vs Bork? Why does Shane McMahon need to be in the ring?

Also, 'member last year's Mania? And how they made a big deal out of changing the Diva's title to 'Women's title'? And how 'the women are gonna headline Mania one day?"
This year they get two matches where they've just tossed females from each roster into the same match. The Smackdown women's match is basically the female Andre Battle Royal.

Annnd finally why is a fucking title heading back to Orton? A man whose career highlights include shitting in a handbag and being a meme for a few minutes a couple of years ago? I guess Vince owes him for when he let Brock crack his head open?

But yeah I'll probably watch it on my free network trial.

jurgen

Were I a betting man, I'd say the possible post-Mania returns/callups would be

Raw: Balor, Emma, Liv Morgan, The Revival or #DIY, Kurt Angle as new GM

Kurt Angle as new GM would be great. Even better when Rusev returns and becomes his protege as a pro-American, bizarro Ivan Drago.

No sense in putting The Revival on Raw. Vince would get them mixed up with Gallows and Anderson.

jmdajr

Annnd finally why is a fucking title heading back to Orton? A man whose career highlights include shitting in a handbag and being a meme for a few minutes a couple of years ago? I guess Vince owes him for when he let Brock crack his head open?

Vince "Hey Orton, we gonna have Brock bust you open the hard way. Yeah, you might get a severe concussion, but think of the reaction!"
Orton"ummmmmmmmmmmmmm"

At some point Randal should have said, "Maybe this isn't a good idea boss."

Sillution

I still am shocked that Braun is in the preshow after this whole months of building him up...

And I was looking forward to the Aries match thinking secretly that maybe they will be the match of the night of mania and then... preshowed

How does the WWE, that has one of the best talent pools it's ever had, put on such a terrible card for Mania?

Why does a title need to be involved in Oldberg Vs Bork? Why does Shane McMahon need to be in the ring?

Also, 'member last year's Mania? And how they made a big deal out of changing the Diva's title to 'Women's title'? And how 'the women are gonna headline Mania one day?"
This year they get two matches where they've just tossed females from each roster into the same match. The Smackdown women's match is basically the female Andre Battle Royal.

But yeah I'll probably watch it on my free network trial.

Apparently these guys sell. I mean, I really don't get it myself, but a lot of people are into it. I mean, both are boring as shit to me, shells of them former selves (on of which barely had a former self worth talking about to begin with), but I must sell to someone. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom