• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In The Bank (6/17) / NXT Takeover Chicago (6/16)

TrainedRage

Banned
Money in the Bank Match Card:
  • The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Good Brothers (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship) - KICKOFF SHOW
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass
  • Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (For the Raw Women's Championship)
  • Carmella (c) vs. Asuka (For the Smackdown Women's Championship)
  • Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal
  • Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
  • Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias (For the Intercontinental Championship)
  • AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship)
  • Lana, Natalya, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte, Ember Moon, Becky Lynch, Naomi, and Sasha Banks (Money in the Bank match)
  • Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode, Braun Strowman, The Miz, Rusev, Finn Balor, and one member of The New Day (Money in the Bank match)

NXT TakeOver: Chicago matches
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa (Chicago Street Fight): One of the best blood feuds in recent memory in all of wrestling will continue on at NXT TakeOver: Chicago, this time in a Chicago Street Fight. With Gargano clinching the clean win in New Orleans to earn his job back, you have to wonder whether he'll pick up two in a row over his former partner. Could some sort of interference this time around thwart the efforts of Johnny Wrestling?

NXT Championship -- Aleister Black (c) vs. Lars Sullivan: On the May 30 edition of NXT, Sullivan interrupted Black to reveal general manager William Regal had afforded him the opportunity to challenge for the title in Chicago. The monster heel push for Sullivan continues and having him be Black's first title challenger will help that push if he puts on a good performance in a loss.

NXT Women's Championship -- Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross: After a show-opening brawl on the June 6 edition of NXT, the championship bout between the champion Baszler and the challenger Cross was made official for Chicago.

NXT Tag Team Championship -- Undisputed Era (c) vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch: With Burch recently signing a deal to stay with NXT full time, they're going all in now on the team of he and Lorcan. Considering the talent of the four men involved in this one, this matchup has a good chance of being a show-stealing bout that flies under the radar. Adam Cole does not have a match scheduled for the show.

Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream: Speaking of matches that can steal the show, the consensus is that these two will do just that when they compete one-on-one in Chicago. Ricochet and Dream are arguably two of the best performers in the world right now -- in any promotion at any level -- and fans watching NXT TakeOver: Chicago are about to get a first-hand look at just how great they truly are.

Takeover just started..... Lets GO!!!

TrainedRage

Banned
I'm just gonna chat with myself here, for now. (where my wraslin' GAF)

Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and Roddy Strong *Fish is injured) better win. I do like Oney and Danny as a tag team tho, just bald white guys with the exact same look and style. No flash just brute force.

....Still gonna be Undisputed Bay Bay!!!

TrainedRage

Banned
GOAT
tenor.png

DreamVelveteenJoelTesch3x2_600.png

TrainedRage

Banned
Wow, that match was great. NJPW levels of story telling and spots. These guys are already main roster main event ready.

When the fuck is Bork Laser going to finally lose and give up the WWE championship? I know he's supposed to be the "unbeatable" beast incarnate...eat, conquer sleep repeat or whatever, but come on. Let someone else wear the title and give it the chance to shine by changing hands via a line of worthy wrestlers.

I mean, I don't watch much wrestling anymore, but I still *respect what they all do. Punches are pulled more than ever yeah, but you're one botched suplex or bodyslam away from a career ending injury.

*I don't have much respect for the ultra super duper way too extreme backyard style promotions that have matches where people are out to legitimately hurt each other. Wrestling isn't about smashing someone's face in with a 3 foot long halogen light bulb or rub their face in barbed wire and thumb tacks. ECW was pretty cool though.

TrainedRage

Banned
When the fuck is Bork Laser going to finally lose and give up the WWE championship? I know he's supposed to be the "unbeatable" beast incarnate...eat, conquer sleep repeat or whatever, but come on. Let someone else wear the title and give it the chance to shine by changing hands via a line of worthy wrestlers.

I mean, I don't watch much wrestling anymore, but I still *respect what they all do. Punches are pulled more than ever yeah, but you're one botched suplex or bodyslam away from a career ending injury.

*I don't have much respect for the ultra super duper way too extreme backyard style promotions that have matches where people are out to legitimately hurt each other. Wrestling isn't about smashing someone's face in with a 3 foot long halogen light bulb or rub their face in barbed wire and thumb tacks. ECW was pretty cool though.

Brock needs to drop that title ASAP, I think it will be to Braun Strowman, have no idea when tho. There are so many other people that would be great champs and willing to actually show up more than 2 times a year. I have no idea what they are thinking keeping the belt on an absentee champ like Brock.

It should go to Strowman no doubt. He looks like he could literally crumple Bork into a ball and throw him in a trash bin, but given the fact that Brock has definite fighting experience in multiple forms of combat, an actual fight between the two might end up with Braun looking like a bloody and battered mess. Regardless of that, in the wrestling world, Strowman should be the man on top holding the most prestigious belt in the company. And plus, he has been a fan favorite now for quite some time, and it's not just due to his work at wwe shows. He has shown he has a great personality via social media posts, legitimate interviews and interactions with fans.

And while Strowman, in my eyes, is the most deserving at the moment, there are people like Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt that deserve to have a title reign or two. There are others, but names escape me atm.

Super Mario

Banned
It should go to Strowman no doubt. He looks like he could literally crumple Bork into a ball and throw him in a trash bin, but given the fact that Brock has definite fighting experience in multiple forms of combat, an actual fight between the two might end up with Braun looking like a bloody and battered mess. Regardless of that, in the wrestling world, Strowman should be the man on top holding the most prestigious belt in the company. And plus, he has been a fan favorite now for quite some time, and it's not just due to his work at wwe shows. He has shown he has a great personality via social media posts, legitimate interviews and interactions with fans.

And while Strowman, in my eyes, is the most deserving at the moment, there are people like Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt that deserve to have a title reign or two. There are others, but names escape me atm.

Braun is definitely ready to be the top guy.

FMbarbarian

I missed Baszler v. Cross match, but another good takeover. I know it’s been a hot fued for most but I’ve been bored of he Ciampa Gargano fued and it it seems like it’s going to continue unless one of them goes to raw or smackdown.

I don’t know what to expect out of money in the bank. I’ve been skipping raw and smackdown for the last couple of weeks. I just want a proper conclusion to Styles and Nakamura.

TrainedRage

Banned
I missed Baszler v. Cross match, but another good takeover. I know it’s been a hot fued for most but I’ve been bored of he Ciampa Gargano fued and it it seems like it’s going to continue unless one of them goes to raw or smackdown.

I don’t know what to expect out of money in the bank. I’ve been skipping raw and smackdown for the last couple of weeks. I just want a proper conclusion to Styles and Nakamura.

Weakest match on the card. Gargano is going to main roster, or one of them is. Just with the way that match ended.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Samoa Joe is your next Mr Money in the Bank because he can have the most interesting story developed behind the case. Women's it's gotta be Alexa Bliss who's due for a redemption arc.

EverydayBeast

I can agree with both those. Maybe Joe will be able to take down Brock.
Joe vs Brock in the Great Balls of Fury was great, the thing with brock is you just keep feeding the beast so WWE looks at it as next man up. Alexa has multiple championship feuds under her belt, and already is making this new one with Rousey look worth while.

DKehoe

Takeover was so much better than MITB, which is what I expected really. Gargano/Ciampa was excellent, as I knew it would be. But Ricochet/Velveteen Dream wasn't too far behind it. I loved the storytelling in that match. Velveteen Dream is ridiculously good for how young he is and Ricochet is just one of the most naturally talented guys in the business today.

DKehoe

Joe vs Brock in the Great Balls of Fury was great, the thing with brock is you just keep feeding the beast so WWE looks at it as next man up. Alexa has multiple championship feuds under her belt, and already is making this new one with Rousey look worth while.

I actually prefer having a dominant champ rather than it just jumps around from person to person. It's crazy that Alexa is already a 5 time champion.

EverydayBeast

I actually prefer having a dominant champ rather than it just jumps around from person to person. It's crazy that Alexa is already a 5 time champion.
Me too but than you don't have the good redemption and fuckery arcs from characters.

Takeover was so much better than MITB, which is what I expected really. Gargano/Ciampa was excellent, as I knew it would be. But Ricochet/Velveteen Dream wasn't too far behind it. I loved the storytelling in that match. Velveteen Dream is ridiculously good for how young he is and Ricochet is just one of the most naturally talented guys in the business today.
Velveteen and Ricochet are just spot guys. They will never ever draw a dime on the main roster.

TrainedRage

Banned
Velveteen and Ricochet are just spot guys. They will never ever draw a dime on the main roster.
Sounds like you haven't watched much NXT recently, they are both legit on the mic and are fucking incredible wrestlers. Not to mention how young Velveteen is. If you don't think they will draw a dime on main then i'm sorry. Hell there are rumors just today they are sending Dream up to main. They will both kill it.

I mean, I know they will be immediately better than people like The Revival and Sanity.

DKehoe

Sounds like you haven't watched much NXT recently, they are both legit on the mic and are fucking incredible wrestlers. Not to mention how young Velveteen is. If you don't think they will draw a dime on main then i'm sorry. Hell there are rumors just today they are sending Dream up to main. They will both kill it.

I mean, I know they will be immediately better than people like The Revival and Sanity.

I hope they hold off on sending Dream up to the main roster. He’s so young that he still has a lot of time to grow and there’s no point rushing him. WWE have fucked up the transition of so many guys from NXT to the main roster.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No please don't send them to the main roster... NXT should honestly be a new brand by itself..

This is what me and my buddy were talking about when we were at Takeover. It's a completely different crowd that goes to those shows.

We went to both and what I found amazing was just how much more people were engaged just by looking around. A lot less people on their phones, etc.

WWE seems pretty butthurt about RoH and All In, (got tickets to that too!) So why not just turn NXT and 205 live in a show people actually care about. Let the talent do be more Wrestling and less story lines like you already do with NXT and keep Raw and SmackDown your more storyline stuff.

Top Bottom