• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

watdaeff4

I don't expect any new game announcements. Nor do I expect any BC announcements.

Will be a heavy focus on Xbox1X. Maybe announcements for new Game Pass games.

Nintendo : really good at quality game exclusives

Microsoft: really good at hardware, services and online

Sony: pretty good at what Nintendo and Microsoft are both really good at

It's all about choices

xd

PS4 would be at 20M max with a only first party catalogue, Sony and Nintendo have nothing alike in that sense.

On-topic i wish by this time tomorrow we have at least a aoe4 teaser

Curious what Microsoft will do to replace the gap that crackdown 3 last left.

It's the 3rd party holiday season and they still have Forza, Cuphead, Lucky's Tale, Minecraft swanky update, OG Xbox games, plus PUBG early access.

Crackdown missing the Scorpio launch sucks but there's still enough to go at IMO, and it's not really that bleak lol.

It's Sunday. You want them to come into the studio on a Sunday for a livestream that won't even be that special?

It's sunday dude

Well, good news for me. I thought today was Monday. I was about to get ready for work, so you guys just saved me a pointless 25 minute commute. Thanks! Best day ever by default.

The show is going to be acey bongoes talking whilst sitting down.

It’s not a key note

Oh, I thought is was. My bad.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
If we are already dreaming with a mcc fix: Halo 3 gets the Anniversary treatment and replaces the thing in mcc + all is fixed

I'd be happier to wait for Reach Anniversary, if it was a choice.

Why not both?!

All Bungie Halo titles given the Anniversary treatment and included in a fully fixed MCC would be my hope and dream.

Game Pass and Xbox App streaming?

I really don't want to get into this but there's enough differences there that I wouldn't really consider them directly equivalent. Assuming Xbox App streaming still isn't available from mobile devices or from outside your local network, anyway.

PaulLFC

The Mixer chat is already not disappointing.
Speaking of the chat, how do I disable it and just watch the stream? I know I can full screen the stream but I always think the constant chat updating is taking away bandwidth that could go towards the stream quality - that could be absolute nonsense of course.

Best I can find is dragging the chat "column" all the way to the right, but I don't think that closes the comments entirely.

Noobcraft

Speaking of the chat, how do I disable it and just watch the stream? I know I can full screen the stream but I always think the constant chat updating is taking away bandwidth that could go towards the stream quality - that could be absolute nonsense of course.

Best I can find is dragging the chat "column" all the way to the right, but I don't think that closes the comments entirely.
Text involves such little data transfer I'd be surprised if it effected bandwidth in any meaningful way.

Mixer's UI elements take up more bandwidth than the text chat probably uses.

Still I feel you, I don't think there's a way to turn off the chat.

Mixer's UI elements take up more bandwidth than the text chat probably uses.

Still I feel you, I don't think there's a way to turn off the chat.

There is a way to disable it, I think you drag it over. I've done it before, not in front of my computer atm.

kiguel182

Nintendo : really good at quality game exclusives

Microsoft: really good at hardware, services and online

Sony: pretty good at what Nintendo and Microsoft are both really good at

It's all about choices

I wish Sony had services as good as Xbox. It's not even close.

And if we are talking first party games it's about taste. Totally subjective stuff.

Ghazgulsmash

Neo Member

You can slide the chat to the right till it disappears.

kevin1025

Banned
So how does the Mixpot thing work? Once your Mixer account is attached to your Microsoft account, it's just automatic? I watched most of their streams during E3 and never received anything then.

shingi70

Banned
It's the 3rd party holiday season and they still have Forza, Cuphead, Lucky's Tale, Minecraft swanky update, OG Xbox games, plus PUBG early access.

Crackdown missing the Scorpio launch sucks but there's still enough to go at IMO, and it's not really that bleak lol.

I meant for this show, I'm glad crackdown delayed becuase I was going to ignore it to play destiny and Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom