• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

I was serious ? I dont remember any good news/announcements this year except ori 2.

The whole Xbox One X reveal has been on point. DF, E3.
We got Gamepass. Another consumer friendly achievement
Play Anywhere is expanding really fast even with big 3rd party games
BC has improved even more and big fan favorites were added
Active supporting crossplay

So saying "this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front."
Is just..

So saying "this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front."
Is just..

But muh exclusives...

Lom1lo

Is just..

oh yeah, I was too focused on the delays and cancellation stuff sorry. Sometimes I forget that they absolutly killing it in everthing but the games.

Is just..

Don't forget giveaways, various new application launches, a new dashboard imminent with the engineering team actively listening to feedback, etc.

Good news doesn't necessarily have to be big.

Is just..

Have we had any word on that whole game refund thing? I know it was in testing a bit ago but I haven't heard anything else since then.

Ushay

The hype is really low for the Xbox One X. I really don't think it will sell that much.

I'm so hyped for the Xbox One X. I think it's going to sell a ton.

LMAO, just a few posts apart. This place never changes.

DHrJoN9WAAAkVv7.jpg

Glorious
. Definitely the best looking console I've ever seen, a real homage to the OG Xbox. Wonder what it looks like in other colours.

Waggles

Is just..
I can pay to rent games. neat.

I can play games on my pc. neat.

BC hasn't "improved" at all, and we're still missing a large majority of great 360 titles that haven't been re-released in some fashion.

Crossplay is... fine? I guess? What audience is this really for? the people who wanna play minecraft together still? Rocket league? I sure as shit wouldn't wanna play a shooter with the PC crowd.

They wanna sell a $500 console that doesn't have access to an entire library of incredible titles that have been pouring into the Sony camp, and they have nothing impressive on the horizon since MS cancelled the few titles they did have.

I'd say they have a serious concern. And I'm not sure how the general public is gonna react to Scorpio once it's out in the wild.

Ushay

Is just..

Makes one wonder what the state of play would be with a slew of killer exclusives along side all that goodness. There is no doubt in my mind that MS is doing really well on the services front, but there needs to be a concerted effort on exclusives going forward. MS still have much to prove.

Theorry

I can pay to rent games. neat.

I can play games on my pc. neat.

BC hasn't "improved" at all, and we're still missing a large majority of great 360 titles that haven't been re-released in some fashion.

Crossplay is... fine? I guess? What audience is this really for? the people who wanna play minecraft together still? Rocket league? I sure as shit wouldn't wanna play a shooter with the PC crowd.

They wanna sell a $500 console that doesn't have access to an entire library of incredible titles that have been pouring into the Sony camp, and they have nothing impressive on the horizon since MS cancelled the few titles they did have.

I'd say they have a serious concern. And I'm not sure how the general public is gonna react to Scorpio once it's out in the wild.

Yeahhhh. Not gonna bother.

Dynomutt

Is just..

I'd agree with all of these for the most part except Play Anywhere. Expanding really fast maybe be a bit of an over statement. Still a hit of miss yes some big 3rd party title have been included like RE but until it's wider spread and more marquis titles i.e. Destiny, Red Dead, 2K Sports etc titles are included it is not as impactful as it has the potential to be

ViciousDS

Banned
Hoping they announce eternal sonata, infinite undiscovery and FFXIII on backwards compatibility

On lost odyssey disc 3 ATM and I need more RPGS!!!!!!

Is just..

People have different views though, what you listed there, a lot of it is just meh to me but not to you. I'm fine with that. I think they should be doing better from a first party perspective and certain things with the UI, you may not agree, cool.

Theorry

I'd agree with all of these for the most part except Play Anywhere. Still a hit of miss yes some big 3rd party title have been included like RE but until it's wider spread and more marquis titles i.e. Destiny, Red Dead, 2K Sports etc titles are included it is not as impactful as it has the potential to be

Sure. But remember the mindset when it was first announced. It was expected 3rd party wasnt gonna bother at all. And alot of depends also on who has marketing rights.

People have different views though, what you listed there, a lot of it is just meh to me but not to you. I'm fine with that. I think they should be doing better from a first party perspective and certain things with the UI, you may not agree, cool.

You cant ignore this is all good stuff tho. Important for you or not. First party stuff needs to be better. But that was not the point. The comment "this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front." was the point.

Different views are fine, but to argue that there hasn't been any good news about Xbox is a bit silly.

oh yeah, I was too focused on the delays and cancellation stuff sorry. Sometimes I forget that they absolutly killing it in everthing but the games.

Very true and man how I wish they would finally turn this around. I wonder what is required for that, sure they never had as many studios as Sony has but man, they really aren't doing a killing job at bringing in new games. Wonder if we're gonna see a change. If Sony or Ninty had been in this position they would have corrected it for sure. It's that simple.

Sure. But remember the mindset when it was first announced. It was expected 3rd party wasnt gonna bother at all. And alot of depends also on who has marketing rights.

You cant ignore this is all good stuff tho. Important for you or not. First party stuff needs to be better. But that was not the point. The comment "this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front." was the point.

I think they are nice things yeah, the ability to play older games is a good convenience like it was on the Wii, PS3, 360, PS2 etc but frankly I'm a bit tired of hearing about it, like it's a main headline each week or a game being put on there is some massive megaton (not saying you are like that, I've seen others tho)

We are four years into this systems life span. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect better from a software standpoint, the most important aspect of any system. I've gone off Phil Spencer, a big talker with little substance in my view. It feels like the discussions about their first party have dragged on for years and I see nothing changing for the immediate future. Massive potential not being realised with the brand.

Is just..

These are fine, but I have a console to play games on, and I expect Microsoft to do a lot more than they are doing.

The 10 year anniversary of that incredible 2007, and we've had 3 new games this year from ms? Forza, halo Wars, super luckys tale, plus some remasters… not good enough.

Barely any new game announcements in recent years, 2018 is mainly delayed games so far. Need to sort their shit out

Waggles

Yeahhhh. Not gonna bother.
giphy.gif

Very true and man how I wish they would finally turn this around. I wonder what is required for that, sure they never had as many studios as Sony has but man, they really aren't doing a killing job at bringing in new games. Wonder if we're gonna see a change. If Sony or Ninty had been in this position they would have corrected it for sure. It's that simple.

At least we know Spencer understands it's a problem.

Theorry

I think they are nice things yeah, the ability to play older games is a good convenience like it was on the Wii, PS3, 360, PS2 etc but frankly I'm a bit tired of hearing about it, like it's a main headline each week or a game being put on there is some massive megaton (not saying you are like that, I've seen others tho)

We are four years into this systems life span. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect better from a software standpoint, the most important aspect of any system. I've gone off Phil Spencer, a big talker with little substance in my view. It feels like the discussions about their first party have dragged on for years and I see nothing changing for the immediate future. Massive potential not being realised with the brand.

All true. But again the point was about nothing positive coming out. Wich is just false looking at facts. Its like complety ignoring Sony its first party output and saying only bad news came out.
The big picture is everything. Not only first party or features.

These are fine, but I have a console to play games on, and I expect Microsoft to do a lot more than they are doing.

The 10 year anniversary of that incredible 2007, and we've had 3 new games this year from ms? Forza, halo Wars, super luckys tale, plus some remasters... not good enough.

Barely any new game announcements in recent years, 2018 is mainly delayed games so far. Need to sort their shit out

Please read all my other responses.

The 10 year anniversary of that incredible 2007, and we've had 3 new games this year from ms? Forza, halo Wars, super luckys tale, plus some remasters… not good enough.

We have anniversary years for incredible
Game output years now 😂? Yeah this year has been downright pathetic but wishing on years based on past is a bit much. Next year should be incredible by default

derFeef

Was this posted already?
Calling all Forza fans! Make sure you don't miss the gamescom #XboxGC stream later today on WatchMixer at 9 PM CEST/8PM BST/12 PM PT. We may have some updates about #Forza7 to share with you all

Lom1lo

When I read that project hollywood thing I was hoping ms is announcing an aa title and then the halo wars 2 complete edition crushed that hope :D :/
Imo the best ms could do is pump out qualtiy aa titles to turn that ship arround (as a start) and gamescom would have been the perfect place to unveil one

giphy.gif

At least we know Spencer understands it's a problem.

I guess but there's also the thing that we got more exclusives under Don than Phil. Unless I'm wrong but we got Ryse, DR3, Sunset Overdrive and QB as exclusives under Don. Correct me if I'm wrong. Of course there's the fact that there could have been a Ryse 2, DR4 happened although not full exclusive to console, Sunset Overdrive sadly didn't do well and neither did QB.

It's a bad situation and one where not only MS is to blame.

oti

Banned

Is just..

I wouldn't call the reveal on point. Don't you remember Spencer saying gamers without a 4ak Tab shouldn't buy the Xbox One X? That was clearly nonsense to sell more Xbox One S units.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-15-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-the-big-interview

Calling Game Pass a "consumer friendly achievement" is also a bit much. The announced refund system is definitely a consumer friendly achievement. Where is that anyway? Seems to take some time to implement.

Theorry

Was this posted already?

Hopefully detailed stuff about the new career.

I wouldn't call the reveal on point. Don't you remember Spencer saying gamers without a 4ak Tab shouldn't buy the Xbox One X? That was clearly nonsense to sell more Xbox One S units.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-15-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-the-big-interview

Calling Game Pass a "consumer friendly achievement" is also a bit much. The announced refund system is definitely a consumer friendly achievement. Where is that anyway? Seems to take some time to implement.

That was in 2016.

We have anniversary years for incredible
Game output years now 😂? Yeah this year has been downright pathetic but wishing on years based on past is a bit much. Next year should be incredible by default

I mean, it's been 10 years, was just an observation? Best line-up Xbox has ever had, think you've missed the point of my post.

Next year being incredible depends on how good the games actually are, and what else they've got.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Nintendo : really good at quality game exclusives

Microsoft: really good at hardware, services and online

Sony: pretty good at what Nintendo and Microsoft are both really good at

It's all about choices

Montresor

It's all about choices

I would not say Sony is good at services. Absolutely not. They are missing a ton of pro-consumer stuff that Microsoft is excelling in.

They have no BC, no ability to change gamertag, no Looking For Group, no steam-like refunds, no Play Anywhere, no ability to change gamertags, and no console cross-platform play. And they're missing multiple subscription options like Games Pass and EA Access.

Microsoft has all of that. I think what they need for a perfect services portfolio is to also make these changes: completely get rid of any release date parity clause, and completely get rid of the 50k minimum disc print rule.

Man just imagine if Microsoft had all that stuff, and the most powerful console, and increased 1st party, and better relationships with indies/third-parties. Shit bro... I'd be in heaven.

oti

Banned

It's all about choices

Alright?
You should write this in a letter and send it to Phil Spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom