• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOR5

Been away from this thread for about 10 hours, what have I missed lol.

giveaway.jpg

Haha, looks like shit went down whilst I was away. I'm sure there's plenty of unannounced surprises left in the MS conference though ..... right guys, right ;)

Go today off work so now to figure out how to fast forward time for nine hours! Think I'm going to watch last nights GoT, download the Doom demo and give that a shot and then frantically refresh this page for about 6 hours whilst telling myself "I need to get off GAF!"

ekim

Summary of the leaks, please!

- Half-Life 4 coming exclusively to Xbox 360
- the Slim is $899 for the 1GB Sku, 2TB costs $1599
- Uncharted 5 is coming to Xbox but is made by RoboModo
- Silent Hills is now a platformer made by Rare.

Shabad

In terms of game announcements -bare indies and third party-, 2014 had Forza Horizon 2, Ori, Inside, Phantom Dust, Scalebound and Crackdown. 2015 had Forza Motorsport 6, Recore, Gigantic, Sea of Thieves, and Gears 4.

2015 so far was supposed to have Forza Horizon 3, Ori 2, Dead Rising 3, and State of Decay. We are still short one or two game announcements to be on par with Microsoft usual E3 showings.

Morning fellas! Today is the day!

Really looking forward to the conference, despite all the leaks from yesterday. There's nothing better than a 2nd place Microsoft - will they have their own year of dreams this year? Only 7 and a half hours to find out!

Svafnir

It'd basically just remote play. I used it like once for my PS4 to my phone.... It's an ok feature, but I never used it again.

Chobel

- Half-Life 4 coming exclusively to Xbox 360
- the Slim is $899 for the 1GB Sku, 2TB costs $1599
- Uncharted 5 is coming to Xbox but is made by RoboModo
- Silent Hills is now a platformer made by Rare.

Shit! HL3 canceled?

TBiddy

Why clunky? You won't have to use the touch screen to control the games. ;)

How would controllers connect to the tablet/phones? AFAIR the protocol Microsoft is using is proprietary. But then again, I'm not sure if it requires dedicated hardware, or if it's something that can be enabled via the Smart Glass app.

Outside that, you could of course just plug a lightning/micro-usb cable into the tablet, but that would require specific drivers in Android/iOS to support the controller, I'd guess.

Controller and iPad... In bed? Doesn't sound practical at all.

EDIT: Unless you have something like pic wapplew posted. Another accessory from MS?

If you have a stand, it's not much different from a laptop, albeit with a smaller screen. But I agree, it's not something I've been missing that much.

ekim

How would controllers connect to the tablet/phones? AFAIR the protocol Microsoft is using is proprietary. But then again, I'm not sure if it requires dedicated hardware, or if it's something that can be enabled via the Smart Glass app.

Wait for the presser :)

ekim

I am positively sure Sony will kill it if all the leaks for MS are the only games at their conference..

Maybe wait for the actual gameplay of these games? I mean... sure a new tease for a 2018 game is nice and all but I prefer to see games in action that are actually coming out soon.

EvB

Maybe wait for the actual gameplay of these games? I mean... sure a new tease for a 2018 game is nice and all but I prefer to see games in action that are actually coming out soon.

Can't wait to see the Last Guardian for the 7th year running and new gameplay footage of no Man's sky.
They should probably follow that up with some games they showed last year, but have since delayed to 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom