• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

I'm seeing more and more people guessing 'new Fable'. Is this based on any leaks or information, or just complete guess work? I would love a Fable 4.

daTRUballin

The winner of E3 is always the platform with most fans.

Or sometimes the winner of E3 could even be the "underdog" platform if the other company fucks up. See Sony 2006 and Microsoft 2013 (although gamers' interest in the Xbox brand was already starting to wane even before the Xbox One launch fiasco and were already leaning more towards the PlayStation camp).

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I'm seeing more and more people guessing 'new Fable'. Is this based on any leaks or information, or just complete guess work? I would love a Fable 4.

There has been the Discord leak, there have been rumours in the past month and there is Phil Spencer saying on Twitter that he doesn't think all stories in the Fable universe have been told yet. Looking at Microsofts lineup it makes a lot of sense to have a first party action adventure/role playing game. Fable 3, Journey and Legends were just stupid concepts, Fable 1 and 2 are great. So the demise of Fable can be blamed more on Lionhead than on the series itself.

If MS brought both Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive to play anywhere so I could play them at max settings and 60fps on my PC... I mean, they could end the show right there and it would "win" in my eyes. Heck, even if it was just Sunset...

Microsoft have done a pretty good job recently as far as keeping things a secret. No insider ever predicted Backwards Compatibility. The fact that they are keeping things so closely concealed is encouraging to me.

Starfield

There has been the Discord leak, there have been rumours in the past month and there is Phil Spencer saying on Twitter that he doesn't think all stories in the Fable universe have been told yet. Looking at Microsofts lineup it makes a lot of sense to have a first party action adventure/role playing game. Fable 3, Journey and Legends were just stupid concepts, Fable 1 and 2 are great. So the demise of Fable can be blamed more on Lionhead than on the series itself.

source to this discord leak?

NahaNago

There really isn't must to talk about compared to Sony we don't really know what teams are working on games for the console like we do with Sony. MS has all the surprises if they have anything. EZA can only speculate what they can while even we can sit here on Gaf and go "I wonder what Sucker Punch is working on" or "What is From going to have" there isn't as much conversation like that you can have for Xbox.

yep . its extremely hard to talk scrounge up a good bit of stuff to talk about with Microsoft E3 cause we already know the usual stuff from Microsoft like Crackdown, Sea of thieves, below, red dead redemption, and forza. Halo won't be there and the team that worked on gears probably won't have anything. So what else can you talk about?

Or sometimes the winner of E3 could even be the "underdog" platform if the other company fucks up. See Sony 2006 and Microsoft 2013 (although gamers' interest in the Xbox brand was already starting to wane even before the Xbox One launch fiasco and were already leaning more towards the PlayStation camp).

That right there is bogus . It seemed like before the xbox fiasco everyone was predicting the end of playstation and xbox dominating this gen.

yep . its extremely hard to talk scrounge up a good bit of stuff to talk about with Microsoft E3 cause we already know the usual stuff from Microsoft like Crackdown, Sea of thieves, below, red dead redemption, and forza. Halo won't be there and the team that worked on gears probably won't have anything. So what else can you talk about?

Maybe this is one of the first times they'll be able to talk about stuff that ISN'T those things?

Ushay

Microsoft have done a pretty good job recently as far as keeping things a secret. No insider ever predicted Backwards Compatibility. The fact that they are keeping things so closely concealed is encouraging to me.
Yup, we know nothing so predictions are moot at this point.

Salty Hippo

I listen to the EZA MS predictions and you can tell they were really scrounging to come up with stuff because they really don't have interest in the platform.

This is true. It's almost Kinda Funny levels of scrounging. They are not even capable of speculating about what they would like to see.

NahaNago

Maybe this is one of the first times they'll be able to talk about stuff that ISN'T those things?

That would be wonderful if they branched out a little bit more. I respect that they keep pushing out those games at a decent pace but they really do need a bit more variety.

schaft0620

On top of that, Sony has Red Dead and Crackdown has a small fan base.

This is true. It's almost Kinda Funny levels of scrounging. They are not even capable of speculating about what they would like to see.

Please go ahead.... Also, lets not forget their E3 betting special is later this week.

NahaNago

Sony has Red Dead for sure, we all assume MS has Assassins Creed.

Here i was thinking that red dead was the perfect game to promote the power of the scorpio, so Microsoft must have the marketing deal for it.

edit: the ad that i had on this post was really messing up my typing.

fake news!

I assure you it is REAL NEWS

Pic related is my source

jbG5HFQ.jpg

daTRUballin

That right there is bogus . It seemed like before the xbox fiasco everyone was predicting the end of playstation and xbox dominating this gen.

Yes, some people were predicting Xbox would win this generation, but I was talking more about the fact that the PS3 had a huge turnaround the last few years of its life, while at the same time MS was beginning to garner a negative reputation from gamers due to things like the Kinect, Avatars, their focus on casual gaming experiences and non-gaming related stuff, the Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable/Kinect cycle, mismanagement of their first party studios, etc. The warning signs were all certainly there before the Xbone fiasco.

I was reading that thread about Sony on their confirmed E3 games and God of War in particular stood out. More narrative, almost open world and you could say a complete new direction for the franchise. One of the reasons is Europe cause apparently God of War didn't sell incredibly well there, which surprised me.

But back on topic, I love that Sony allows a beloved and established franchise like that to be going into a new direction and that definitely makes me wish MS would do the same for Gears and Halo. People here said it before about Halo that a RPG based on that universe could work out really well and why not let Gears go into a different direction or as it has been said many times now let these studios do something new.

Fat chance, I know. But MS Game Studios could definitely take a look at Sony and learn a bit from it. You just know when a Sony show happens that surprises will happen and I am not afraid to admit that I am a bit jelly that MS is quite the opposite often with exceptions like BC.

WadeitOut

I was reading that thread about Sony on their confirmed E3 games and God of War in particular stood out. More narrative, almost open world and you could say a complete new direction for the franchise. One of the reasons is Europe cause apparently God of War didn't sell incredibly well there, which surprised me.

But back on topic, I love that Sony allows a beloved and established franchise like that to be going into a new direction and that definitely makes me wish MS would do the same for Gears and Halo. People here said it before about Halo that a RPG based on that universe could work out really well and why not let Gears go into a different direction or as it has been said many times now let these studios do something new.

Fat chance, I know. But MS Game Studios could definitely take a look at Sony and learn a bit from it.

Gears Judgement nor any Halo game has reached the depth of trashitude that God of War Ascension reached. It takes a complete botteming out like that to throw away the formula.

blakep267

Yes, some people were predicting Xbox would win this generation, but I was talking more about the fact that the PS3 had a huge turnaround the last few years of its life, while at the same time MS was beginning to garner a negative reputation from gamers due to things like the Kinect, Avatars, their focus on casual gaming experiences and non-gaming related stuff, the Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable/Kinect cycle, mismanagement of their first party studios, etc. The warning signs were all certainly there before the Xbone fiasco.
But to also be fair, who was predicting Xbox would come out with $100 more than the competition and expect it to ride out. That was their mistake

EvB

If you go right back in time to the original game, the release came out 4 months after the US. During this time the Xbox 360 was announced and subsequently the old gen started to die.
Also the game was 18 rated in the UK, which was PS2 land at the time, which it only prohibited its advertising somewhat, but also meant the game was inaccessible to a huge portion of buyers.
I suspect that put the game on the back foot here.

Also, it looked hyper dudebro with the super masculine Keaton's on the front, very America.

Fat chance, I know. But MS Game Studios could definitely take a look at Sony and learn a bit from it. You just know when a Sony show happens that surprises will happen and I am not afraid to admit that I am a bit jelly that MS is quite the opposite often with exceptions like BC.
That is all I want from MS. Something to go along with their usual formula that gets the blood pumping. Something unexpected game wise.

Gears Judgement nor any Halo game has reached the depth of trashitude that God of War Ascension reached. It takes a complete botteming out like that to throw away the formula.
It was just a stopgap game like Judgement. They are talking about sales for the series overall. They know God of War can be bigger than that so they are making adjustments.

I've learned that most Gears and Halo fans DO NOT like change, that's just how it is. I'd rather they focus on new IPs than trying to reinvent current franchises.

Dabanton

And I hope that continues because MS used to be so rubbish at keeping their show under wraps. I remember one year someone in their PR sent out an email before the show started that basically had the entire show on it.

I hope even at their rehearsals they don't do certain parts in their on stage run through as anyone watching will probably leak what they see.

I want to be truly surprised. That goes for all the shows.

Sony

Nintendo

I'm leaning towards they don't have much to show. I'll happily eat crow.

WadeitOut

It was just a stopgap game like Judgement. They are talking about sales for the series overall. They know God of War can be bigger than that so they are making adjustments.

Nah. If Ascension had done really well there was no way they were rebooting the whole thing from the ground out. The game was awful so they flipped a switch.

I wonder what this could be , Microsoft secrecy has me intrigued

Did you read it? It tells you the source is a user on NeoGAF and links back to here where it came from lol. It is from this very thread.

LastNac

Hahahahah.
No way, Ascension still has it over Judgement which was atrocious.

Nah. If Ascension had done really well there was no way they were rebooting the whole thing from the ground out. The game was awful so they flipped a switch.

Did you read it? It tells you the source is a user on NeoGAF and links back to here where it came from lol. It is from this very thread.
lol damn oh well :( that sucks

It's somewhere in this thread, reposted on 4Chan.
can you please repost it.

anyway , I think microsoft should give halo a bit of rest so they can build up perception and nostalgia . maybe do something else , even could do like a spin off instead. I would love to see a mass effect style halo spin off. ME:A played similar to 5 I think halo could prosper with that type of spin off. it would be expensive to produce though.

Microsoft just filed a new logo.

1496665105-cj4jx4fzvcc523ya2tmalskflf4pf2jes5jucvvffzvwdkrle77sm7rcozr6teimwncqdab6n25va.jpeg

1496665233-screen-shot-2017-06-05-at-14-20-07.png

Source: EUIPO

guys, could this be the logo of Xbox Scorpio? Can't find anything on gooogle and I want to ask here before making a thread about it.

Great catch.

I am more and more thinking it will be called Xbox Scorpio. Gets away from the specific Xbox One branding and keeps the buzzword that people have been calling it for months.

Won't people get confused with Xbox One S and Xbox One Scorpio if scorpio is abbreviated with just that S with the splice in the middle? Assuming they are sticking with the Scorpio name?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
can you please repost it.

anyway , I think microsoft should give halo a bit of rest so they can build up perception and nostalgia . maybe do something else , even could do like a spin off instead. I would love to see a mass effect style halo spin off. ME:A played similar to 5 I think halo could prosper with that type of spin off. it would be expensive to produce though.

Here you go:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/379090451

I just now realized that they say this is Ntkrnls leak. Interesting.

Won't people get confused with Xbox One S and Xbox One Scorpio if scorpio is abbreviated with just that S with the splice in the middle? Assuming they are sticking with the Scorpio name?

What if one is printed 4 times as thick? ;) Or sideways. I think calling the One S that was a mistake. Maybe they will rename that to just Xbox One and have the Xbox One S(corpio).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom