• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox just changed my gamertag. They want me to pay to change it

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
FaintColt388301
ButtSmasheddd

image.php

egruntz

shelaughz
My God this thread was a fucking hilarious read. What gets me is what people incorporate old shit into these new threads. When that guy posted the Pinocchio edit of the shitty Mario figure I lost it lmfao.

Legendary thread. LMAO ButtSmasherrr--you showed 'em!

But they gave you two attempts for free in the first place?

This. This. This.

I don't imagine this post is going to prevoke many "MS, man, what Nazis!" responses.

They gave you multiple attempts to change it for free and you completely skirted it by intentionally retaining what they didn't like about it.

For the record, I don't like censorship in the first place, but that's another subject.

You want to use their network, it's their rules and, man, you've just been kinda flipping the bird at them. I wouldn't be surprised if some companies would have just suspended or even banned over this. $10 seems reasonable.

Edit: OMG I just realized what happened! LMAO. This is like the funniest outcome, ever!

hao chi

It was only two chances, not three. Had I been given a chance again, I would have been able to learn my lesson and change it to something like ButtonsMasher

This really is the major civil rights issue we have here. MS denied me my right to learn. You're right.

Nah, it was three. You could have made your name something appropriate when you created the account, then you got two retries.

AtkO

My wife opined that perhaps "Buttsmasher" has a long, cherished history in OP's family. So I took it upon myself to create a Game of Thrones-style banner for him;

But since the name has changed, I thought an update would be appropriate;

His forehead looks like it has balls!

My first post will be in a glorious thread, my sides are very thankful Gaf.

Xbox's GT filter is so fucking stupid. Call Support and complain, they should be able to let you do it for free.

Like fuck is it and no, they shouldn't.

You want to call yourself something offensive and then try to get around the rules, then you're the fucking stupid one.

SystemUser

Yeah, I don't think they gave you free name changes so you could keep adding "r"s to the end of your name.

I am confused. What was the OP supposed to change it too? If the changes were more than adding an 'r' then how would everyone on Xbox Live know that the OP likes to smash butts?

Top Bottom