• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

shandy706

Doom
Doom II
Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
NBA Jam

All for just over $20. Bought. Heck of a deal.

Norse

Titanfall 2 over bf1 as I have ea access and bf1 still has 9 hrs plus remaining of playtime. Tf2 isn't on ea access. Solo mode is what I play for most part.

vg260

Titanfall 2 or Overwatch, any suggestions? I'll probably end up playing solo most of the time, so with that in mind what do you think is the better option?

Another thing to consider is that Overwatch is rarely on sale, whereas I feel Titanfall 2 will have more sales over its life.

Overwatch is having a free weekend starting tomorrow, so you can try it out.

splattered

Man I really really want dragons dogma... Never played it. Wish we knew it was going BC I really have no desire to fire up the 360 ever again :/

Also considering hyper light drifter and some others... Maybe fable 2 & 3?

Is soul calibur V any good?

ryan299

Wish the Witcher 3 dlc had a better sale going on. The saints row/metro bundle for 11 is crazy. Not sure if i'm going to get it. My backlog is huge

I own both and they are both fantastic. If you can afford it buy both. Otherwise, Overwatch edges Titanfall 2 by the smallest of margins.
Yeah, I plan on getting the other in the near future as well, but I'm still putting time into a lot of other games and could use another shooter to scratch that multiplayer itch.
Overwatch is having a free weekend starting tomorrow, so you can try it out.
ooo thanks! Will do.

Yep, I'm snagging that!

Does R6 Siege have terrorist hunt and can you play it co-op split screen?

Terrorist Hunt: Yes
Split screen: No

I wasn't even able to invite a second player to my squad. I don't think it supports split screen for any of its modes.

statham

does hitman have a easy mode when I get frustrated and just want to kill everyone to beat the mission? Cuz I did that in a past hitman and quite enjoyed it.

I bought Overwatch and Soul Calibur V (in the hopes that it will one day be backwards compatible).
I considered buying Titanfall, as I have heard good things, but with other games keeping me occupied and the uncertainty of the size of the Aussie XB1 online population, I'll probably give it a miss for now.

shandy706

does hitman have a easy mode when I get frustrated and just want to kill everyone to beat the mission? Cuz I did that in a past hitman and quite enjoyed it.

You can beat "missions/objectives" like 10 ways or more sometimes. I didn't find the game hard. It's a great game. Probably the 2nd best Hitman game ever made. (It's actually my favorite)

Dranakin

Awww man, I bought Witcher 2 for 360 for $15 10 days ago.

Anyway, if I activate my Gold trial, will I qualify for the sale discounts?

Toki767

Weird. I can't seem to buy backwards compatible games on the Xbox One itself. I reach the Buy button but I get an error.

statham

You can beat "missions/objectives" like 10 ways or more sometimes. I didn't find the game hard. It's a great game. Probably the 2nd best Hitman game ever made. (It's actually my favorite)

thanks, I'm probably going to pick it up along with Witcher 3 DLC, and tell-tales's batman.

Dranakin

IIRC on 360 games no, XBO games , yes.

Interesting. Does that mean that there are never sale discounts on 360 games, or that only full Gold members get sale discounts on 360 games? Sorry, I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem with my Xbox One and wanted to get Alan Wake and South Park.

statham

Interesting. Does that mean that there are never sale discounts on 360 games, or that only full Gold members get sale discounts on 360 games? Sorry, I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem with my Xbox One and wanted to get Alan Wake and South Park.

trials aren't consider legit gold on 360 where on XBO they are, kinda messed up.

thenameDS

So far I bough:
Hitman
Rare Replay
Mega Man Collection
Telltale Batman

Will probably also pick up Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 before the sale ends.

RoKKeR

Really perusing through this, it's a pretty solid sale so far. Current list is...

Batman: Arkham Knight
GTA V
Mad Max
Song of the Deep
State of Decay
Hitman
Hyper Light Drifter
Wolfenstein

...and those are just the ones on sale. Out of these, recommendations? I see Hitman getting a lot of love and the Giantbomb guys were really gushing about it recently. Never played a Hitman game before.

Dranakin

Oh wait, just found out that Quantum Break comes with Alan Wake. I'll just wait to get a copy of that then instead of buying Alan Wake in this sale.

These are some great sales. Hopefully PSN is similar in terms of prices and games. Really need that Dishonored DE on a hefty sale before I go in for Dishonored 2.

Best wishes.

AlexBasch

Am I losing too much on buying Rainbow Six Siege without the Season Pass?

Also, how manageable is the game for someone who plays solo and without a mic? I'm tempted but I don't want to waste my cash. :/

Top Bottom