• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

DeaDPo0L84

Am I losing too much on buying Rainbow Six Siege without the Season Pass?

Also, how manageable is the game for someone who plays solo and without a mic? I'm tempted but I don't want to waste my cash. :/

Season pass offers early access to Operators as they are released. It also grants you access to some exclusive cosmetic items. There is NO content that actually matters locked behind the season pass. All operators can be purchased with a in game currency earned from just simply playing the game. All maps are free day one to every player, so there will never be community splitting content. They also just confirmed they are working on Season 2 and already have a road map in place, this game is going nowhere.

It is though a very tactical team oriented mp game. So never talking might upset certain teams especially if its a 2v2 and your teammate really needs to communicate with you. If you can maybe get a mic I will say that R6 Siege is honestly one of the best true tactical shooters to come out in many years on consoles. I am a former SOCOM addict and this is the first game to scratch the itch in over 12 years.

How much is Prototype in Canadian Dollars? It's tempting, but I don't want to spend too much.

The only one I haven't played is Prototype 2, and I didn't love the first.

AlexBasch

Season pass offers early access to Operators as they are released. It also grants you access to some exclusive cosmetic items. There is NO content that actually matters locked behind the season pass. All operators can be purchased with a in game currency earned from just simply playing the game. All maps are free day one to every player, so there will never be community splitting content. They also just confirmed they are working on Season 2 and already have a road map in place, this game is going nowhere.

It is though a very tactical team oriented mp game. So never talking might upset certain teams especially if its a 2v2 and your teammate really needs to communicate with you. If you can maybe get a mic I will say that R6 Siege is honestly one of the best true tactical shooters to come out in many years on consoles. I am a former SOCOM addict and this is the first game to scratch the itch in over 12 years.
Gonna think this over. Got a mic but my spoken English is horrible and I don't want to bother people trying to decipher it, that and the fact that I avoid grouping up to play with other players.

The stuff about the season pass is great though, so I might give it a try. More game should be like this and Titanfall 2.

Titan fall 2 or battlefield 1?
whynotboth.png
sJbOObG.jpg

don't see that deal in the op

Not Drake

I might grab Rare Replay if I don't find a cheaper physical copy. Seems like an insane value even if I'm not really interested in most games in the package. Hoped for cheap D4, but that might still happen. Any must-have BC 360 titles? I have RDR already btw. :)

Does Warner hate Xbox players in Europe?

Example:

Mad Max
11.99 USD, 41.99 €
Lego Jurassic Park
10.00 USD, 30.00 €
Arkham Knight Premium Edition
16.00 USD, 55.00 €

danowat

Banned
Picked up.....

Carmageddon
Far Cry Primal
Deus Ex
Xcom 2

Tempted to get......

Mafia 3, but the price is still more than physical and the reception of the game wasn't great.
Titanfall 2, good price, but it would be pretty much soley for the single player portion, as I am not that interested in MP.

MauroNL

Added some missing deals to the OP. Might still miss some when Major Nelson updates his blog.

Xbox One:

• Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 Bundle - $149.99 > $75.00
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Standard Edition - $59.99 > $30.00
• Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - Deluxe Edition - $79.99 > $26.40

Xbox 360:

• Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $9.99 > $3.49 Backwards Compatible
• Assassin's Creed Rogue - $29.99 > $11.99
• Borderlands - $19.99 > $5.99 Backwards Compatible
• Bully Scholarship Edition - $14.99 > $7.49
• Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $19.99 > $9.99
• Dark Souls II - $19.99 > $4.99
• Dark Souls - $19.99 > $4.99 Backwards Compatible
• Ducktales: Remastered - $14.99 > $3.74 Backwards Compatible
• Fable Trilogy - $59.99 > $20.99
• Fallout 3 - $14.99 > $4.94 Backwards Compatible
• Final Fight: Double Impact - $9.99 > $2.99 Backwards Compatible
• Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious - $9.99 > $2.49
• FIFA 17 Standard Edition - $59.99 > $35.99
• Lost Planet Colonies - $19.99 > $7.99
• Madden NFL 17 - $59.99 > $35.99
• Mafia II - $29.99 > $7.49
• Mass Effect - $19.99 > $6.99 Backwards Compatible
• Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $19.99 > $4.99
• Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 > $4.99
• Trials Evolution - $14.99 > $5.24
• Trials Fusion - $19.99 > $4.99
• Trials HD - $9.99 > $3.49 Backwards Compatible

Xbudz

Microsoft chat support just refunded me for Titanfall 2 Deluxe (bought on launch day for $99) so that I could get Battlefield 1 - Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle for $85.

So basically, MS just gave me Battlefield 1 and $15..

Hyped.

Izuna

Banned
Is Mankind Divided any good?

I thought Human Revolution was mediocre past the very first hub world (I hate that there was only one hub, and you left it quickly).

I loved Invisible War

Raide

Is Battlefield1 campaign any good? I don't play MP shooters and I've heard enough praise for Titanfall 2 campaign. I'm just not sure to buy this bundle or Titanfall 2 alone.

Some highs and lows but the presentation wow factor is massive. Some crazy stuff mixed with poignant moments. Not a long campaign but gives Dice a good base to make something truly amazing going forward.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh man I feel bad my dad bought Battlefield 1 yesterday on XBL... I wonder if he can get the difference refunded?

Ein Bear

I know I can't really complain, but I always feel a bit shitty when they discount games this quickly after release. I bought Titanfall 2 for £55 like two weeks ago.

Ah well, suppose it helps the devs.

MauroNL

Nelson' just updated his blog
https://majornelson.com/2016/11/18/black-friday-xbox-digital-game-deals-and-more/

Additional Black Friday weekend favorites include Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4 and more. I will update this post with the weekend offers when they are live.

Great Windows 10 games on sale, plus discounts on Play Anywhere titles

Over 50 games on sale for Windows 10 – here are a few of our favorites:
• Quantum Break
• Rise of the Tomb Raider
• Batman: The Telltale Series
• Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Play Anywhere titles:
• Gears of War 4
• Forza Horizon 3
• ReCore

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna pick up Black Ops 1, Dark Souls and Hitman from this sale. Is there alot of people playing online for Rainbox Six Siege on xbox? May look into that as well, but I heard that mostly everything there is online so wanna make sure people are still around since the game has been out for a bit.

I would have hoped they made MW2 BC before MW3 lol. >_>

🤔 Bully has been $2-$3 every year or for every sale over the past few years, bully about to be unleashed on BC 👀

Dark souls 1 for $5 is an awesome price , maybe I can finally beat it :D

Inside is a great game, but it's quite short and has zero replayability.

So depends what you're after really.

I'm a budget gamer, but also low on time. I loved Life is Strange, LIMBO, Tomb Raider 2013, and enjoyed the newest Thief... that's about it for story-based games for me this gen.

Replayability isn't really a concern.

Clunker

I know I can't really complain, but I always feel a bit shitty when they discount games this quickly after release. I bought Titanfall 2 for £55 like two weeks ago.

Ah well, suppose it helps the devs.
Contact customer support via chat - I did the same exact thing, and last night it only took me about 15 minutes to get my TItanfall 2 digital purchase refunded so I could rebuy at sale price.

singhr1

I'm a budget gamer, but also low on time. I loved Life is Strange, LIMBO, Tomb Raider 2013, and enjoyed the newest Thief... that's about it for story-based games for me this gen.

Replayability isn't really a concern.

Hitman's story is pretty lackluster

It's really just good for the gameplay.

Canadian

Microsoft chat support just refunded me for Titanfall 2 Deluxe (bought on launch day for $99) so that I could get Battlefield 1 - Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle for $85.

So basically, MS just gave me Battlefield 1 and $15..

Hyped.

Would they refund if I bought the regular edition so that I could upgrade? How is their support for refunds in general?

Laws00

I want to buy overwatch..........but i want to get it for Playstation 4.......hurry up Playstation black friday sale

Added some missing deals to the OP. Might still miss some when Major Nelson updates his blog.

Xbox One:

• Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 Bundle - $149.99 > $75.00
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Standard Edition - $59.99 > $30.00
• Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - Deluxe Edition - $79.99 > $26.40

Xbox 360:

• Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $9.99 > $3.49 Backwards Compatible
• Assassin's Creed Rogue - $29.99 > $11.99
• Borderlands - $19.99 > $5.99 Backwards Compatible
• Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $19.99 > $9.99
• Dark Souls II - $19.99 > $4.99
• Ducktales: Remastered - $14.99 > $3.74 Backwards Compatible
• Fable Trilogy - $59.99 > $20.99
• Fallout 3 - $14.99 > $4.94 Backwards Compatible
• Final Fight: Double Impact - $9.99 > $2.99 Backwards Compatible
• Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious - $9.99 > $2.49
• FIFA 17 Standard Edition - $59.99 > $35.99
• Lost Planet Colonies - $19.99 > $7.99
• Madden NFL 17 - $59.99 > $35.99
• Mafia II - $29.99 > $7.49
• Mass Effect - $19.99 > $6.99 Backwards Compatible
• Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $19.99 > $4.99
• Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 > $4.99
• Trials Evolution - $14.99 > $5.24
• Trials Fusion - $19.99 > $4.99
• Trials HD - $9.99 > $3.49 Backwards Compatible

My wallet wishes you hadn't, but thanks! May need to bite on that underrated gem called Mafia II.

Top Bottom