• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live expiriencing issues: can't use ANY app/game?

Signes onto my Xbone just fine, am able to see friends and all. But everytime I go to access any application, I am met with this error:
k4HggEb.jpg
Down Detector comments are saying the same thing.

This is affecting EVERY one of my applications. From Netflix, to Fallout, hell that picture is on the media player. I had access to it for 30 seconds before crashing to that error. Xbox.com says everything is fine on XBL, and I can see friends online.

Despite the occasional outage of service, the total unavailability of ALL my games AND applications, even the Bluray player is absurd.

Yep, same for me. Was gonna check out the Division, but saw that was under maintenance too. Oh well. Will have to watch Netflix on my PS4 or something. :p

Kiyo

The sky is falling in, I await all the "digital age is the demon" posts!

I mean, it's a bit concerning that this can even happen right?

People that are affected by this, is your xbox set as home? Does this happen with physical games too? Does it happen while offline?

danowat

Banned
I mean, it's a bit concerning that this can even happen right?

People that are affected by this, is your xbox set as home? Does this happen with physical games too? Does it happen while offline?

It is, it shouldn't ever happen, but the instances are very few and far between, I seem to remember it happening before though, and I think it rendered disc based games inoperable too.

I can get into halo 5 menus, but when I find a game it kicks me to the dash and shows an error... I can see all the other players just before that!

Tried to play campaign, loads the level, gameplay starts for a moment then it kicks me to the dash and I get the same error again.

Same thing happened with twitch.

Borderlands 2 (single player) works.
Rainbow Six Siege keeps going offline, but reconnects on it's own. I didn't try playing.
Halo 5 boots me from the game at the title screen with an error message and won't even let me play single player.
Fallout 4 boots me from the game at the title screen.
Diablo 3 boots me from the game as well.

All digital games. Why are single player modes (or even fully single player games like Fallout) not available because XBL is having issues?

danowat

Banned
All digital games. Why are single player modes (or even fully single player games like Fallout) not available because XBL is having issues?

They probably "phone home" before starting.

If your console is set as home, and is offline, they should work though........

im_dany

Borderlands 2 (single player) works.
Rainbow Six Siege keeps going offline, but reconnects on it's own. I didn't try playing.
Halo 5 boots me from the game at the title screen with an error message and won't even let me play single player.
Fallout 4 boots me from the game at the title screen.
Diablo 3 boots me from the game as well.

Because it's related to the license connection, not multiplayer, they're separate even if they're all part of Xbox Live.

Well, I guess it's time to go back to my Fallout 4 disc.

Yeah I first noticed when YouTube was fucking up, then the store and then the gold deals thing, at that point I knew something was admist. So I turned off the console and watched redlettermedia on my phone. The fact the single player games are experiencing trouble is a very bad sign. How does a system wide glitch fuck that up?

^This^

You would think people knew this by now.

Go to Network settings >>> Go Offline, then you can play Single player/campaign.

I've had my XB1 since launch, only own digital games, and have never had to go offline to get a game to launch. It's also my only current gen console, so I use it daily. If this had ever happened to me before, I might already know to use offline mode. It never has though.

Ason

I've had my XB1 since launch, only own digital games, and have never had to go offline to get a game to launch. It's also my only current gen console, so I use it daily. If this had ever happened to me before, I might already know to use offline mode. It never has though.

Yes, to be fair, if you never have encountered this problem before it can be hard to know how to fix it, but now you know so shouldn't be a problem in the future. =)

Also, when you get prompted with the error messege, there should be an option to go offline. Would be easier and less confusing for people.

Hugstable

Banned
Just tested Peggle 2, Tomb Raider, Rare Replay and Forza and none of them would launch. Does physical work or is it just digital thats outta luck whenever xbox live doesn't work?

Genio88

Same issue here, now from no where it's telling me that "Xbox Preview Dashboard Needs An Update"(i'm no longer in the preview program by the way), it's just 15mb, anyone is having this, i wouldn't wan't that to be a virus or something from hackers!

Yoday

It is, it shouldn't ever happen, but the instances are very few and far between, I seem to remember it happening before though, and I think it rendered disc based games inoperable too.
It renders everything unusable as long as you are connected online. Unplug your ethernet cable or turn off your WiFi and it should let you boot up physical games at the very least.

Anyone having any issues now? I can't launch any game. Decided to watch a blu ray and that pauses every twenty seconds to spit an error message at me. I'm in the UK and have been trying to launch stuff for an hour

Top Bottom